*SPOILER About that NXT Heatwave main event finish....

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BillyBob42

Reaction score
And what does that have to do with being ready?
He shouldn't be getting this spot already over guys who have been there longer. what happened to paying your dues?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
He's good friends with Cody Rhodes. So let that be considered.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

BillyBob42

Reaction score
You can't even say Trick Williams is green in the ring without being accused of only wanting 7 star matches with no stories lmao the Meltzer hate has so cooked the IWC
I get that he's green in the ring, I just don't care, there are more things I value.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I like Trick as much as the next guy but like others have said he’s still green, and Ethan Page is a long time veteran in wrestling it’s not like he’s a rookie off the street he’s getting his dues paid.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
That fact aside, I think Page is a decent enough wrestler and surely one of the better mic workers on the brand right now, so I don't see any problem with him having the belt for what I assume won't be a super long reign.

BillyBob42

Reaction score
I like Trick as much as the next guy but like others have said he’s still green, and Ethan Page is a long time veteran in wrestling it’s not like he’s a rookie off the street he’s getting his dues paid.
I don't believe it should matter if he's green or not, it should matter if he's over.

BillyBob42

Reaction score
That fact aside, I think Page is a decent enough wrestler and surely one of the better mic workers on the brand right now, so I don't see any problem with him having the belt for what I assume won't be a super long reign.
I don't think that speaks very well to their confidence in other guys already in NXT, a few years ago, there would be plenty of guys they would consider putting the belt on before a guy who just got there.

Butters

That's Me!
Reaction score
I just watched the finish to the match. Trick basically handed him the match so it’s not like it’s over. They’ll face at the next show most likely and he could even get it back.

He’s not fired or anything. They still made him lose looking strong.

BillyBob42

Reaction score
I just watched the finish to the match. Trick basically handed him the match so it’s not like it’s over. They’ll face at the next show most likely and he could even get it back.

He’s not fired or anything. They still made him lose looking strong.
It did make Shawn Spears look dumb, but hot potatoing the belt? I guess, not sure why it was needed, but I guess they're out of ideas.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
You're complaining about this as if the Golden Age of NXT wasn't built up on PC athletes getting to work with and learn from indie darlings. Trick will be fine. He's still ridiculously over for NXT standards

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
I don't believe it should matter if he's green or not, it should matter if he's over.
Fair enough, I suppose.

I’d suggest just waiting it out and see where they’re going with this story.

BillyBob42

Reaction score
You're complaining about this as if the Golden Age of NXT wasn't built up on PC athletes getting to work with and learn from indie darlings. Trick will be fine. He's still ridiculously over for NXT standards
I always found the golden age to be overrated.

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
I always found the golden age to be overrated.
What Golden Age are we talking about? I'm thinking 2016 time when there were the "Better than Mania" chants in Dallas. If you're thinking more the "late Black and Gold" era with increasingly masturbatory BANGERZ and no talent mobility, that's definitely overrated yeah

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Trick will be fine, he's very young and another chase won't hurt him. Does Ethan deserve an NXT world title run? That depends who you are, but I do think it's a pretty low risk move that hurts no one, gives a feel good moment to a vet and it will probably be the peak of his wwe career. honestly kind of a rare move by wwe and I am cool with it.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
it's also a way for WWE to entice talent from aew and the indies that you don't have to be in the system from day1 to be nxt champ which is smart recruiting even if you find it annoying. Ethan is cool though (though imma troll him now for saying that this company cares about me line knowing he was winning the title lmao)