*SPOILER About that NXT Heatwave main event finish....

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I like a mix of both tbh, and even then not everyone connects with me. It happens. :lol
Same.

I feel like opinions if you’re being serious and not being a troll are more nuanced than people want to admit.

Like I prefer characters to wrestlers, yes, but I don’t want to watch botches of nonsense and nothing happening.

For example, I’ll take Luger or Nash wrestling after cutting a couple weeks of great promos over CMLL worker who I’m sure works a competent match, but I have no emotional attachment to or a story to invest in.

But, that doesn’t mean I only want to watch guys like 1998 Savage work. I also love to watch Cruiserweights put on a clinic. Typically I’ve gotten to know those workers to attach to their style at the very least. I’ll still be more invested in the main sure, but the cruisers are still putting on a banger and it’s a nice compliment to the main event.

Also, I would say I prefer WWE television. I prefer how much they invest in the stories and promos over say AEW television that some weeks, not all, are more focused on the matches, but interestingly enough I would say I prefer AEW PPV. To me the perfect booking is storytelling on TV and great bangers on PPV to pay those stories off. Not saying WWE doesn’t, but I do prefer 12 matches to 5.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

BillyBob42

Reaction score
Also yeah, Ethan Page is a great wrestler and also over, and arguably a better choice than a guy who even if over can't wrestle for shit right now.
I remember when he came out last month, that crowd was silent. Some claim it was due to the entrance theme they gave him, but I'm not so sure. I don't believe he's as over to the NXT crowd as Trick is.

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
At this point it’s really just who’s holding the title til Oba takes it in six months anyway

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I remember when he came out last month, that crowd was silent. Some claim it was due to the entrance theme they gave him, but I'm not so sure. I don't believe he's as over to the NXT crowd as Trick is.

Well he’s a heel

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Same.

I feel like opinions if you’re being serious and not being a troll are more nuanced than people want to admit.

Like I prefer characters to wrestlers, yes, but I don’t want to watch botches of nonsense and nothing happening.

For example, I’ll take Luger or Nash wrestling after cutting a couple weeks of great promos over CMLL worker who I’m sure works a competent match, but I have no emotional attachment to or a story to invest in.

But, that doesn’t mean I only want to watch guys like 1998 Savage work. I also love to watch Cruiserweights put on a clinic. Typically I’ve gotten to know those workers to attach to their style at the very least. I’ll still be more invested in the main sure, but the cruisers are still putting on a banger and it’s a nice compliment to the main event.

Also, I would say I prefer WWE television. I prefer how much they invest in the stories and promos over say AEW television that some weeks, not all, are more focused on the matches, but interestingly enough I would say I prefer AEW PPV. To me the perfect booking is storytelling on TV and great bangers on PPV to pay those stories off. Not saying WWE doesn’t, but I do prefer 12 matches to 5.
I definitely feel all that. It’s why if I watch a random show of a company idk anything about, I don’t always enjoy it, cause I don’t know much about what’s going on :lol so I’m not as invested into it. Do I still enjoy the matches? Sure. But I can’t get emotionally invested if I don’t know the reason behind what’s happening

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

BillyBob42

Reaction score
I mean, I actually agree with you, but you still have to wrestle a watchable match once the story gets to the ring.
Not for me, I'm perfectly fine with a one star match between two great characters.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Not for me, I'm perfectly fine with a one star match between two great characters.
I think we’re talking about two different things. I’m not referring to stars. I can watch Lex Luger and hulk Hogan wrestle what someone might describe as a one star match because again I agree with you that I prefer these two great characters wrestling over two workhorses, I care less about putting on a supposedly four-star match. However, Luger and Hogan are still competent in the ring and they know how to wrestle.

I guess the best way to describe it is yes I would prefer to watch Kevin Nash and Goldberg wrestle who aren’t gonna put on a clinic because I like their characters but I don’t give a shit how good Dennis Rodman’s character is if he can’t even complete a simple headlock and he’s falling asleep on the apron.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
You know what’s even better? Having a character you enjoy like Switchblade Jay White, who also puts on bangers in the ring. That’s a winning combination. :banderas:

• Love
Reactions: Hidden Blaze

BillyBob42

Reaction score
I think we’re talking about two different things. I’m not referring to stars. I can watch Lex Luger and hulk Hogan wrestle what someone might describe as a one star match because again I agree with you that I prefer these two great characters wrestling over two workhorses, I care less about putting on a supposedly four-star match. However, Luger and Hogan are still competent in the ring and they know how to wrestle.

I guess the best way to describe it is yes I would prefer to watch Kevin Nash and Goldberg wrestle who aren’t gonna put on a clinic because I like their characters but I don’t give a shit how good Dennis Rodman’s character is if he can’t even complete a simple headlock and he’s falling asleep on the apron.
I can't relate, I'd still watch Rodman.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

You forget that every shit spot in the match means a workrate nerd gets mad tho, that's the main point. That's why they're so good

BillyBob42

Reaction score
You forget that every shit spot in the match means a workrate nerd gets mad tho, that's the main point. That's why they're so good
I do enjoy watching the workrate nerds get mad, they bash a lot of my favorites.

Bad News Booty

I Fancy Martina
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Chris really gets it