South Park: The Fractured But Whole

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
December 6th can't come quick enough i loved the first game and can't wait to play this i hope the free copy of stick of truth is uncensored as well as the new game it really annoyed me that I've missed some parts of the original as it was censored

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
Already pre-ordered this game in the PS store... South Park, Mafia III and Call of Duty Infinite Warfare are the 3 major games i'm getting this fall.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I just read that you're going to be able to play as a girl in Fractured But Whole and the characters will react to you differently based on the gender you pick.

Even though I just dressed my Stick of Truth character up like a girl, I can understand why they did it for that game. The girls have always been antagonists to the boys in the show, and they would have to have rewritten the story to accommodate for it.

But now it's cool they're giving you the choice and there will be differences based on that choice.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I was just reading up on all the new stuff, so excited super cereal right now! :clue2::xanth:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Deeeeeeeeelayed... again.

South Park: The Fractured But Whole has been delayed again | PC Gamer

tenor.gif

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
By the time it's gonna come out, it ain't gonna be a fractured whole, just gonna be 'decayed but whole' :(

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
That's pretty unfortunate.

One of three things is happening here -

1). Matt and Trey are perfectionists (this much is true) and they aren't happy with the current state of the game and want to do some major re-writing or re-designing of the game. This, I'm pretty okay with. I'm not too horribly upset with a game getting delayed if it's solely to improve the quality of the game. The last thing we need is another half-assed, rushed game coming out on the market. And Matt and Trey are the type that care about the quality of their product, they would not let this happen.

2). Ubisoft is wanting to not release the game anytime soon due to so many high profile releases coming out soon. I don't think it's really a good marketing strategy, since there's a ton of South Park fans out there who will buy the game.

3). Ubisoft is holding the release to improve their anti-piracy, since every recent Ubisoft game was successfully cracked on PC. Unlikely but possible.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
That's pretty unfortunate.

One of three things is happening here -

1). Matt and Trey are perfectionists (this much is true) and they aren't happy with the current state of the game and want to do some major re-writing or re-designing of the game. This, I'm pretty okay with. I'm not too horribly upset with a game getting delayed if it's solely to improve the quality of the game. The last thing we need is another half-assed, rushed game coming out on the market. And Matt and Trey are the type that care about the quality of their product, they would not let this happen.

2). Ubisoft is wanting to not release the game anytime soon due to so many high profile releases coming out soon. I don't think it's really a good marketing strategy, since there's a ton of South Park fans out there who will buy the game.

3). Ubisoft is holding the release to improve their anti-piracy, since every recent Ubisoft game was successfully cracked on PC. Unlikely but possible.

I think its definitely more the 2nd reason. Ubi are fighting off Vivendi's hostile takeover and have been for the past 2-3 months. Their holiday season sales didn't bring in as much as expected (brought in $30 million less) and they want to make sure the game has every good chance to succeed. WD2, even though liked by most people, didn't sell as much as they wanted.

MrEdzhuks

The Showoff
Reaction score
I'm fine with this. Was really looking forward to playing it sooner rather than later but 1 delay can always improve a game so much.
I wish they delayed WWE games for one year so they could make the GOAT wrestling game.

Reactions: Crash

MrEdzhuks

The Showoff
Reaction score
I'm fine with this. Was really looking forward to playing it sooner rather than later but 1 delay can always improve a game so much.
I wish they delayed WWE games for one year so they could make the GOAT wrestling game.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score

they can delay it all they want and I doubt they could make something that comes close to the yesteryear games. So many fundamental flaws with WWE games lol.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
The game now has an official release date of October 17th.

Assuming it's not delayed again, of course.

Reactions: Solidus1

MrEdzhuks

The Showoff
Reaction score
The game now has an official release date of October 17th.

Assuming it's not delayed again, of course.
Damn, I'm gonna potentially have to spend 150$ in 2 weeks on NBA and WWE 2K18 and now this too. Or wait till the price drops.