Sons of Anarchy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

nation

Reaction score
Please don't tell me I'm not the only one here who watches it. Such a great show. Everyone I know was telling me to check it out and I saw bits and pieces of it before but I didn't think it was anything amazing and the first two seasons are good but it's not until season 3 and 4 that it really hits it's stride. I finished up season 4, probably the only season and show that challenges Breaking Bad.

Ron Perlman is a fucking god too. I'm so glad he's finally getting really recognized and appreciated. Hopefully he gets more movie roles. Speaking of Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy, I just looked now and noticed both Ron Perlman and Bryan Cranston are in Drive. Holy shit, already heard great things about it but it's probably movie of the year just for those two in the same movie alone.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Ron Perlman looks like a fucking ape.

Also, you need to watch Drive. Cranston and Perlman are good, but they aren't even the first OR second best actors in the film if you can believe it. Albert Brooks was GREAT as a supporting actor and Gosling was fucking badass. And don't go into it thinking it's a Fast & The Furious type movie like a lot of people have, because it's FAR from it.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
It's on my list of things to watch after finishing up True Blood, starting Californication, Breaking Bad and then I really wanted to watch M*A*S*H from the beginning.

I've heard people saying how it's a great show but I have no idea what it's about.

nation

Reaction score
It's all about life in a biker club/gang. But it's not just that, it's really real, goes deep into characters and portrays them as real world people. But it deals with all of that, how gangs tolerate with competition, how it effects the town and the personal lives of club members. I mean in the simplest way it deals with gangs but it's much broader than that.

If anything alone, worth watching just for Ron Perlman. Easily the best actor but the whole cast is great and after awhile you will care about everyone.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
That actually goes a long way towards selling me on it. Kinda sounds like the Sopranos with bikers instead of mobsters.

nation

Reaction score
Ron Perlman looks like a fucking ape.

Also, you need to watch Drive. Cranston and Perlman are good, but they aren't even the first OR second best actors in the film if you can believe it. Albert Brooks was GREAT as a supporting actor and Gosling was fucking badass. And don't go into it thinking it's a Fast & The Furious type movie like a lot of people have, because it's FAR from it.

I'm not. Looks like a great thriller, not a Fast & Furious action clone.

That actually goes a long way towards selling me on it. Kinda sounds like the Sopranos with bikers instead of mobsters.

Yeah, shows obviously have their similarities but SOA really portrays the cast as real world people, it doesn't just have gang violence for the sake of it. It still has plenty of that but it always deals with how it effects everyone personally, the club altogether and the town. It really nails the whole race war, it has just about a gang for every race you can imagine. The blacks, mexicans, Russians, Irish, etc. It really does an excellent job showing how competition deals with each other and how any decision made effects the club and everything else.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yeah, shows obviously have their similarities but SOA really portrays the cast as real world people, it doesn't just have gang violence for the sake of it. It still has plenty of that but it always deals with how it effects everyone personally, the club altogether and the town. It really nails the whole race war, it has just about a gang for every race you can imagine. The blacks, mexicans, Russians, Irish, etc. It really does an excellent job showing how competition deals with each other and how any decision made effects the club and everything else.

Have you watched the Sopranos? The characters and their realism is one of the main selling points of the show.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Also, if any of you haven't seen it watch Game of Thrones. Cannot say enough good things about the show.

nation

Reaction score
Have you watched the Sopranos? The characters and their realism is one of the main selling points of the show.

Yes I have, I wasn't knocking on the Sopranos for the realism. Mostly on just all the violence and while most of it was justified, it isn't always needed in SOA. I'm saying that SOA deals with it better, it still has plenty of violence but it explores many different solutions to many different problems.

Also, if any of you haven't seen it watch Game of Thrones. Cannot say enough good things about the show.

Sigh, this show already has enough hype. I really enjoyed and liked it but it's only been around for one season and it's not like it's perfection. I know Joffrey was supposed to be portrayed as a heartless brat but he could be pretty annoying and really I wish somebody else had the role because he just isn't the most talented actor. I love everybody else though.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yes I have, I wasn't knocking on the Sopranos for the realism. Mostly on just all the violence and while most of it was justified, it isn't always needed in SOA. I'm saying that SOA deals with it better, it still has plenty of violence but it explores many different solutions to many different problems.

Okay, I see what you meant, I misunderstood.

Sigh, this show already has enough hyped. I really enjoyed and liked it but it's only been around for one season and it's not like it's perfection. I know Joffrey was supposed to be portrayed as a heartless brat but he could be pretty annoying and really I wish somebody else had the role because he just isn't the most talented actor. I love everybody else though.

To be fair I've also had the pleasure of reading all five of the books (for the record; the first season is literally scene for scene from the book which is amazing) so I know what's coming and know that the surface of the plot has barely even been scratched. The second and third seasons are going to be mind blowing.

I'll disagree with you on Joffrey. I like the actor and he is portrayed exactly as he is in the book. He is supposed to be annoying as fuck more than heartless but that's because of his age. Kids his age haven't exactly learned how to be completely heartless without being annoying little pricks.

Back to the actor though, while I do like his portrayal, I kind of saw more of the kid who played Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter flicks than who they have but that kid is way too old now.

nation

Reaction score
Being faithful to books is both good and bad imo, you obviously can't change too much but at the same time I don't think you want to be too faithful and try out some new things like the Dixon brothers in The Walking Dead. I haven't read the comics for The Walking Dead but I can't imagine it without them since they are one of the best points of the show. I also can't imagine the pressure to adept anything into television or movies with the cult followings these books have. Poor Zack Snyder. In the case of Game of Thrones however, seeing as how broad and complex it already is with so many characters I can't really knock being solely focused on being faithful. I'd like to say I want to check out the books but I'll probably never get around to it honestly.

I could get pretty much everything that was intended in the show through the books but still I don't know, I just found him pretty annoying and not really in the way to give props for playing his role so well. I never thought about that kid who played Draco as Joffrey but if he was younger he would easily be the best pick. He adapted to his role better than anybody else in the Potter films.

But on topic of Game of Thrones, I still really enjoyed it but I don't think it's as good as some people are making it out to be with just one season. I loved Sean Bean in his role and I understand how he gets killed off in the books but he was the main character and the best cast member after Dinklage so it's sad to imagine him being gone.

Reaction score
I've seen two or so miscellaneous episodes of it. It was very enticing and I like Katey Segal in everything she has ever done. I would like to get into it, I just don't watch enough t.v to do it.

Sopranos is the greatest non-major network show ever produced, hands down. I am thinking of buying the first season of Boardwalk Empire on the premise that it is basically produced by the Sopranos crew and Scorscesse. Plus Buscemi is fucking awesome.

nation

Reaction score
Guess you missed The Wire...

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
I watched the first episode of Boardwalk last week (the one one produced by Scorscesse) and I honestly didn't care for it all that much. Then again I didn't like Dexter the first time I saw it either. Might get around to watching the next few episodes later this weekend or something.

nation

Reaction score
I would share my thoughts on Boardwalk Empire but I'm not going to do that...