Someone is getting a push on Smackdown.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
It's being reported that WWE Smackdown star Kane is expected to receive a huge push in the coming weeks. One source within WWE says Vince McMahon was extremely pleased with his promo on Smackdown and the reaction he received. Although there were rumors regarding Kane’s disinterest in winning the world title, apparently those rumors were false and Kane himself denied the claims.

I think it's great he's getting a push and if he does get a world title reign I just hope it's more than one day.

Reaction score
Good for him. He's always worked hard. He's been a consummate pro, despite being the victim of truly god awful booking and he's always maintained an ability to remain a credible threat no matter how much jobbing he has been saddled with. But I still think Big Show deserves a World Title run before Kane, especially since he came out of retirement to put Mayweather over @ WM 24.

Reaction score
maybe he'll booked better as champion than Jack Swagger is right now. Although, you could put the world title on the t shirt launcher guy for a five minute title reign and it would probably be better than Swagger's reign.

Kizza

Reaction score
I like this. Kane has been solid for years now, albeit unspectacular. He always goes about his business. I don't care if he gets a title reign or not, he deserves to be on TV.

chessarmy

Reaction score
Not a huge fan of the guy or anything, but I wouldn't be opposed to a push. Like many have said, he goes about his business and has been loyal to the company for years so he deserves it.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Nice. I've been a Kane fan for many years and have thought for a long time that he was under-rated. Not been that big on him in recent years, but still liked the guy.Like Enzo said, no matter what he was doing, he's always been credible in that role. Although, if he does go for the gold, I'd like for him to get a little build up. I just hope it's not going to be another 1 day title reign or a short one. I always thought that he actually wasn't supose to win that title match against Austin when he won the title. I wasn't a smirk back then so I don't know but does anyone have info on that?

I still remember the 1st time I watched wrestling, DX were in the ring ( I assume it was then cause it was a group of guys in green and Chyna was there) and then Kane's pyro/music went off and they high tailed it out the ring. And one of the DX guys pushed Chyna back in the ring. My 1st thought was this guys awesome, and he became my 1st favorite wrestler.

Reaction score
I wish he'd actually won that battle royal and take Takers spot. Kane has been one of the most loyal and reliable workers in the WWE. You want him to get heat? He'll go out there and get heat. You want the crowd to cheer for him? He'll go out there and cheer for him. He deserves a push.

Airfixx

Reaction score
I always thought that he actually wasn't supose to win that title match against Austin when he won the title. I wasn't a smirk back then so I don't know but does anyone have info on that?

It was a first blood match. So the story goes, Kane wasn't supposed to win, but Austin got busted open and left the E' with no choice but to put the strap on Kane. Austin won it back the next night on Raw (Killer atmos for that match!). Seeing masked Kane waltz to the ring wearing that classic WWE belt was the biz.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
That's what I figured. Even before becoming a smirk, I thought it was odd for Kane to become champ only for one night. Especially in a match like that. But when you have a 1st blood match and the wrong guy bleeds, there's nothing you can do. It'd add some laughs if the ref and commentators just ignored the blood though. Just sucks it came at the expense of Kane having a title reign last for less than 24hrs.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Not a huge fan of the guy or anything, but I wouldn't be opposed to a push. Like many have said, he goes about his business and has been loyal to the company for years so he deserves it.

Pretty much. But a Show title reign? I just can't force myself to sit there each week with him holding it. And Swagger's booking is great right now, from his accomplishment promo to him singing the Sooner song off-key on purpose (I think lol).

chessarmy

Reaction score
That's what I figured. Even before becoming a smirk, I thought it was odd for Kane to become champ only for one night. Especially in a match like that. But when you have a 1st blood match and the wrong guy bleeds, there's nothing you can do. It'd add some laughs if the ref and commentators just ignored the blood though. Just sucks it came at the expense of Kane having a title reign last for less than 24hrs.

Ok, first you say gimmic now smirk? Are you trying to create your own fucking vocabulary? lmao

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Gonna add my two cents into this.

Kane, getting pushed is a good thing imo. Next to Austin he was my favorite wrestler from the Attitude era. He like many people have said is well deserving of a main event spot and even one more run with the belt. Even though I'm not as big a fan of his as I used to be, if he did win the world title I world mark like a bitch. He, and even Big Show for that matter are long overdue for runs with the strap. Kane has lost a few steps since his run as the masked monster that he once was, but he is still a quality big man. I look at him like I look at Abyss in TNA, I like them, they aren't bad in the ring and can remain pretty over face or heel. Kane has been pretty over since his debut.

tbh, I was really digging his mic work on Smackdown. He was always vastly underrated by many people on here, both mic wise and in-ring wise. Not to many people have put as many people over as him, and not lost all credibility imo in doing so.

Honestly, I thought Kane could have won, and had a good run with the world title a few times since his 1st, albeit short run back in 1998.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Ok, first you say gimmic now smirk? Are you trying to create your own fucking vocabulary? lmao

He's black..

I think this sums it up pretty good. It's in my genetics to alter the spelling of words.

Seriously, I thought smirk was the right word. Maybe it's mark I was looking for. I duno. I'll just stick to the being black excuse.

xtremebadass

Reaction score
Kane goes on huge fan run and bulldozes Swagger for the belt only to be turned heel once Taker reveals it was Kane who attacked him. Survivor Series Kane vs. Taker for the World title, since that title match would suck huge dick at Mania.

I am actually pretty optimistic about this. I like how this angle popped up out of nowhere. There are alot of different ways this can go for sure, it might not end up being Kane who attacked Taker, who knows!