So, Yoshi Tatsu eh?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
He won the pre-show battle royal which they did make a minor deal out of on the show. Do you think he'll get a push out of the deal? I think he's on Raw so maybe a shot against the Miz eventually for the US title or maybe he'll be a part of another make shift tag team for ShowMiz to mow down.

Reaction score
I've yet to watch him wrestle. Is he any good?

How are his mic skills?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
He's a good wrestler. He was on ECW before being moved to Raw. Don't think I have ever heard him speak though.

He also has amazing entrance music.

Kizza

He was a jobber in Japan, and not much has changed. I like him in the ring, but foreign gimmicks hardly get over/become successful.

Agreed on the amazing entrance music.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
He was a jobber in Japan, and not much has changed. I like him in the ring, but foreign gimmicks hardly get over/become successful.

You're right but Tajiri (stereotypes ftw) was able to get a couple of decent runs while he was with the WWE.

I don't ever see him challenging for the world title but put him and Evan Bourne in a tag team together and you could have a pretty popular face team.

Kizza

I think that him challenging for any title might be a stretch. This is what happens when there's a lack of titles on offer for guys like Yoshi. They could easily make a title (i.e the Light Heavyweight title) and give these guys a proper position on the show, with storylines and something to strive towards. Right now, they're lost in the shuffle, with only the U.S/IC title and the tag titles to strive to. They're still above guys like Bourne and Tatsu, so another lowercard title wouldn't go astray on each show I reckon.

csg370

Reaction score
Even though it was just a dark match I don't think they'd put him over like that unless they were planning on using him in some way.

Who won last time? Kane or Big Show? Whoever it was, they didn't get any push.

Kizza

Kane won, beat Chavo for the ECW title on the show and received a solid push iirc.

Qwake

So pissed Ryder was eliminated last by Yoshi, Ryder has been horrible since ECW became NXT.

Anyways, not a big fan of Yoshi and if theyre looking to push another lightweight type of superstar I'd much rather have Bourne before him, even Kofi if he counts. Yoshi isn't too bad, good in the ring, he can't talk though, see his promos with Goldust for proof.

Great One

So pissed Ryder was eliminated last by Yoshi, Ryder has been horrible since ECW became NXT.

Anyways, not a big fan of Yoshi and if theyre looking to push another lightweight type of superstar I'd much rather have Bourne before him, even Kofi if he counts. Yoshi isn't too bad, good in the ring, he can't talk though, see his promos with Goldust for proof.
God damnit, my exact thoughts again. I was PISSED when Ryder got eliminated, fuck that, he shoulda won. He could brag about that shit so hard, wtf is Yoshi gonna do? Sigh.

As far as Yoshi goes, fuck him. What is so special about him? He's not even that good in the ring. I remember him fucking up hardcore in one of those large tag-team matches of the sort and just seemed ridiculously lost. Evan Bourne aka Matt Sydal on the other hand, is fucking amazing. Guy is more talented than a large part of the roster and it's a travesty that fucks like Kofi get a push when talented dudes like Bourne can do just about anything better. Don't even think they give the guy a chance to talk, it's quite sad.

Oh, and Yoshi is pushing 33 years old, add on the fact that his entrance theme and Blue gimmick has been done before and screams 'jobber', and you have someone who will make it nowhere and rarely gets a reaction as is (WM crowd was dead when he won). They already used the Jackie Chan reference so that's one of the very few amount of cheap references they can make with his character, but I'm sure we'll see it again anyways until it gets completely stale.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

You're right but Tajiri (stereotypes ftw) was able to get a couple of decent runs while he was with the WWE.

I don't ever see him challenging for the world title but put him and Evan Bourne in a tag team together and you could have a pretty popular face team.

Tajiri was so much more talented than Yoshi. Yoshi was basically New Japan's trash, and it really shows. He's very average in the ring, and he isn't marketable at all.

As far as the battle royal goes, even if Ryder won, we wouldn't get to hear about it because he doesn't get time to speak anyway.

Qwake

Tajiri was so much more talented than Yoshi. Yoshi was basically New Japan's trash, and it really shows. He's very average in the ring, and he isn't marketable at all.

As far as the battle royal goes, even if Ryder won, we wouldn't get to hear about it because he doesn't get time to speak anyway.

Sad but true tbh. Ryder's career has really gone downhill since his MITB qualifer with MVP where he was destroyed in a matter of seconds :(

I'm not saying Yoshi is totally horrible but there are so many others that should be pushed ahead of him.

Edit: rofl Great One.