So what the fuck was the point of

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

Reaction score
I don't necessarily see it as a botched angle. When I saw it I thought "Hey, I thought Vinnie Mac was on their side. I wonder why they attacked him. Interesting, I'll have to tune in next week."

I wasn't suggesting that this, specifically, was an outright botched angle.

Look back at the angle where Kane was carrying a bag to the ring (leading to the fued with Mysterio).... That provoked a fair amount of speculation which pressumably casued x-amount of people to tune in to see where it led.... Didn't stop it being a poorly conceived and generally a fail, did it?

Back to my point... To me, deeming something to be "great" should entail it being particularly good on a number of levels, not merely catching my interest. Calling the NXT invasion "great" at this juncture is a massive overstatement.

Reaction score
NXT was just one giant fucking failure.

NXT would be much better if it wasn't a competition and was more of a "holding cell" for the Indy guys. NXT should just have a roster of nothing but Indy no Pros or any stupid shit like that, and just let them work the way they do in the Indy circuit. This way they can get used to having all the fans watching them, and get used to the pressure of a higher up business. Then once a Superstar has proven themselves ready they get pushed up to RAW or SD and have another guy from the Indies fill in there spot. Doing it like this would have been much more efficient then just giving all 7 Jobbers contracts only to have most of them be buried within a few months.

And BTW why the fuck is the next season already started when the first season rookies still have nothing to do after this whole unity thing is over with?

Uhm, considering the WWE method is completely different to the indy method and that people get sent to developmental so they can learn to work the WWE way, this is one of the stupidest ideas I've ever read. Seriously, it just lacks all common sense.

I think the group would have been far better off being streamlined a bit. Perhaps just, Barrett, Gabriel and Otunga. Tarver, Skip and Heath can seriously fuck off. As of right now it's just a bit odd since we were expected to believe that they were in some way a bit inferior to the other WWE talent by being rookies, now they're running a rampage on half of the company. It took half of the RAW locker room to run them off last week. I'm sure at least two of these guys will be released by the time it's over... most likely Tarver and Skip.
Although they did make themselves look like asses by saying only one would stay, it's certainly not a bad thing seeing some fresh talent.

Tarver's the man. Good on the stick and can work a match just fine. He should have been pushed much heavier than Otunga, who can only work the stick as well as possibly Gabriel, who gets stagefright from the guys you seem to like.

Reaction score
Making us wonder what will happen next, is considered a good/ great angle. It's not too obvious angle and this classifies it as one of the best angles for the past few years.

Airfixx

Reaction score
:sigh:

Maybe it's just me then, but I like a well told, coherent story (whether it be a book, wrestling or whatever) regardless of how simple or complex... Not just a clusterfuck of run-ins.

It reaks of desperately throwing something against the wall and hoping it'll stick.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that can see it. NXT has been like that since day one....

Reaction score
I'm just going to brief this. It's great to me for a few reasons.
1. It's got me interested to the point where I want to tune in because I'm really wondering what's going to happen next week. The swerves are great and I want to know who's backing Nexus (heard that's going to be their name) and who the new GM is and if its the same person. Could be two really great surprises or one surprise or it could be a letdown. Doesn't matter to me right now because I'm hooked.

2. It's giving a bunch of guys a chance to get some airtime and get over that they normally wouldn't have had the chance to as singles entities. Plus, they are giving these opportunities to young, fresh faces. One of the biggest problems people have had with WWE is their unwillingness to push new acts, but the last year and a half they've been doing it in fucking spades. Punk, Sheamus, Swagger, DiBiase, Bourne and now the NXT guys and people are still finding ways to dump on it. Guess what, it takes time to establish people, it doesn't happen over night. The E is doing a fine job, but bitches will bitch for the sake of bitching.

And just as it takes time for a great superstar to develop, it takes time for a great storyline to develop. They've only been into this storyline for 3 weeks, give it some time to take shape. The nWo storyline was similar, the only difference was that people knew who Hall and Nash were and they being invaders from the WWF was shocking and gave it insane merit. But Hogan being the leader was the icing on the cake and put it over HUGE. If the WWE delivers even half decently on who the leader or the GM is, this will get over just fine. And there are so many variables, including how and when Danielson gets back into the company, how Vince gets his revenge, how Cena finally gets some revenge and WTF about Sheamus? How does he continually get away from their beatings? What if he is the leader? There are so many possibilities here that it's asinine to call this a failure, just 3 weeks in.

Fixx, man, for someone who enjoys coherent storylines, you're displaying impatience and ignorance. It hasn't been a clusterfuck of run ins, every run in or attack has had rhyme and reason to it. This is classic, long and methodical booking. Could it blow up in our faces? Yes. But it hasn't thus far and there is no need for the complaining yet.

-TJ-

Reaction score
I seriously felt that this storyline has been great. I also COMPLETELY agree with Enzo. 100%. This storyline has pushed these 7 guys with a chance to become big. 7 guys who would usually not even be thought of. They all have something that makes them good, except Barrett who has everything and the WWE is making the most out of it. I'm sure in a few more weeks there will be guys who have come to accept this storyline. I'm sure there will be people who still bitch. Well go ahead.

BlueB V1

Reaction score
I still don't see the point of NXT. Giving the whole first season contracts really kinda shitted on the premise of the damn show itself. I watched it for nothing and the people's votes mean nothing. I wonder wtf they're gonna do with the second season. Also more then half of season one will start jobbing real soon.

Fucking stupid

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
This storyline had the potential to be great, the problem is that it was formed out of desperation without an end game in place, and it shows even this early in the storyline. It's up to where they're going with it, which I can't say I have much faith in besides expecting a tired Triple H appearance to save the day in the end.

The main problem in the future I see is this...it's imperative for this not to be fail for at least 2-3 to pick up WINS against the upper midcard/ME guys. 2 can feud with THD and 2 (Slater/Tarver/Young/Skip) can just be jobbers. They've been made to look so bad wrestling in the past that it would take a leap of faith that I don't think WWE has in them.

My feeling on the storyline is a wait and see attitude...but pessimistic.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Here's a shocker for you all, BEFORE NXT ever started........THEY ALL HAD CONTRACTS!!! Do you think Vince is going to let people on his precious TV time and not MAKE SURE they are going to show up? These guys were ALL going to be in the WWE pretty much no matter what, barring some bullshit like what happened with Bryanson (which still could be a work) or barring them just not getting over. So relax kids, THEY ALREADY HAVE CONTRACTS!!

Airfixx

Reaction score
Fixx, man, for someone who enjoys coherent storylines, you're displaying impatience and ignorance.

On the contrary, I'm simply reserving my judgement and urging others to do the same.

triceki

Reaction score
I would like to simply point out that I believe Wade Barret is going to be a Huge Star very quickly the man has it all................and hes caring 6 blueberries on his back at the same time!

Kaedon

Reaction score
You also know that the winner of the match is predetermined. The outcome isn't necessarily the point. The story told is the point. And the story told was these guys banded together to get into the business by any means necessary; and they did what they had to do to get there. I understand where you're coming from, but it's like complaining about the no sell of an arm in a match when the rest of the match was flawless. It's a minute point. The WWE is "telling you" they are there to win contracts, just like they are "tell you" a lot of shit. If you're gonna complain, talk about how none of these are worth a bowl of shit and don't walk, talk, or act like WWE superstars. That's a lot more important than "Well you SAID they were competing for contracts."

Kaedon

Reaction score
You also know that the winner of the match is predetermined. The outcome isn't necessarily the point. The story told is the point. And the story told was these guys banded together to get into the business by any means necessary; and they did what they had to do to get there. I understand where you're coming from, but it's like complaining about the no sell of an arm in a match when the rest of the match was flawless. It's a minute point. The WWE is "telling you" they are there to win contracts, just like they are "tell you" a lot of shit. If you're gonna complain, talk about how none of these are worth a bowl of shit and don't walk, talk, or act like WWE superstars. That's a lot more important than "Well you SAID they were competing for contracts."