So what the fuck was the point of

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BlueB V1

Reaction score
NXT if they all got contracts!
That one guy with the title shot isn't enough justification.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Setting up a big time angle?

Pretty damned good considering what most of us thought the outcome would be.

Reaction score
If you recall they said that they thought they were disrespected and paraded around like a bunch of idiots, performing asinine competitions on NXT.

It'd be a pretty lousy angle if it just ended last night because they got contracts.

-TJ-

Reaction score
Create a group of people who will stand up for eachother. A new force in WWE, something WWE does not have now excluding the SES...

soulreaper545

Reaction score
NXT was just one giant fucking failure.

NXT would be much better if it wasn't a competition and was more of a "holding cell" for the Indy guys. NXT should just have a roster of nothing but Indy no Pros or any stupid shit like that, and just let them work the way they do in the Indy circuit. This way they can get used to having all the fans watching them, and get used to the pressure of a higher up business. Then once a Superstar has proven themselves ready they get pushed up to RAW or SD and have another guy from the Indies fill in there spot. Doing it like this would have been much more efficient then just giving all 7 Jobbers contracts only to have most of them be buried within a few months.

And BTW why the fuck is the next season already started when the first season rookies still have nothing to do after this whole unity thing is over with?

noumenon

Reaction score
I think the group would have been far better off being streamlined a bit. Perhaps just, Barrett, Gabriel and Otunga. Tarver, Skip and Heath can seriously fuck off. As of right now it's just a bit odd since we were expected to believe that they were in some way a bit inferior to the other WWE talent by being rookies, now they're running a rampage on half of the company. It took half of the RAW locker room to run them off last week. I'm sure at least two of these guys will be released by the time it's over... most likely Tarver and Skip.
Although they did make themselves look like asses by saying only one would stay, it's certainly not a bad thing seeing some fresh talent.

maty619

Reaction score
The point is getting people to watch, if they didn't get contracts then this would be the worst thing ever.

NXTers "We want contracts!"

Bret Hart "You can't have them"

THE END

Is that entertaining? It doesn't have to make sense just enjoy what is a great angle and be graitful that you haven't seen the above.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^If it doesn't make sense it ISN'T a great angle.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^"Great"?

If you wanna be all "but it's a business" about it then 'effective' or 'decent' maybe, but great? ....Big overstatement.

A great angle should tick all the boxes.

Besides, when, for example, I'm sat watching Raw scratching my head trying to make sense of a botched angle, the last thing I'm thinking is "Hmmmm... As long as it draws, this is great".

CMS

Reaction score
I can't see how it doesn't make sense. Vince Mcmahon teased this in his promo with Bret, then he hired the NXT crew to create havoc on Raw to put Bret Hart in a predicament and to give him a reason to fire him, because we have learned to believe that Vince wouldnt just fire Bret, he would want a "in his mind" justified reason to do it. He awards all the guys contracts and why shouldn't he?

The show ends with the cliffhanger of why the NXTers attacked Vince Mcmahon, altough we kinda know the answer. It was Vince, in the form of WWE Management, the one who made them look like idiots in the show. Or they could come out and say they don't want to be Vince's pets or something along those lines.

Reaction score
^^^"Great"?

If you wanna be all "but it's a business" about it then 'effective' or 'decent' maybe, but great? ....Big overstatement.

A great angle should tick all the boxes.

Besides, when, for example, I'm sat watching Raw scratching my head trying to make sense of a botched angle, the last thing I'm thinking is "Hmmmm... As long as it draws, this is great".

I don't necessarily see it as a botched angle. When I saw it I thought "Hey, I thought Vinnie Mac was on their side. I wonder why they attacked him. Interesting, I'll have to tune in next week."

Reaction score
It reaks of desperately throwing something against the wall and hoping it'll stick. Luckily, it looks like enough people are willing to accept the angle, so it has the potential to be successful. To me, however, it's just another knot in a string of nonsensical knots that form the NXT concept.

If the seven losers had attacked the winner and moved on to create chaos within the WWE, I might have bought into it, but including the "winner" of season 1 just shows that WWE's creative team have no common sense.

Alex C

Reaction score
Am I the only one that likes NXT Invasion?

hbkfan

Reaction score
i actully like the angle with the 1st class of nxt. its something kind of new with newer stars being thrown in with the top guys. hopefully this turns out well and wwe dosent drop the ball.