So what if Daniel Bryan is stripped of the title?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who should be the next WWE Champion, if Daniel is stripped of the title.

• Total voters

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
So let's say Daniel gets stripped of the title on Raw, who in your opinion should hold onto the title until he returns?

I think a good choice could be Kane, now before anyone jumps on me let me explain. Kane is probably in his last run, and besides his World Title run and his ECW Title run(which tbh uh idk if it should count as a major title) he's not had much of a run before as champion, his WWE Title run was more like a WWE Title Jog, he only had it 24 hours if that. Plus with Kane being the one they will have putting him out it makes perfect sense for Daniel to come back and take the belt off of Kane to get his revenge and his title back.

Now who do I think they will put it on? Likely Batista or back to Orton. I'm just ready to see exactly what happens and it has me excited for Raw.​

Swinny

Reaction score
Bray Wyatt would actually be pretty great. He could take out Cena, win the belt and then reignite his feud with Bryan for the belt when he returned. Bray vs. Bryan with the belt on the line, main eventing PPVs, could make for some spectacular matches.

Starlight

I am going in the opposite direction. I'm going with a Paul Heyman's guy. You know, Paul Heyman who managed a superstar to Wrestlemania and that wrestler was Brock Lesnar who had the 1 in 21-1?

But the Paul Heyman guy who I would like to see wear the gold is Antonio Cesaro, the king of swing!

Starlight

I know it wouldn't happen right now, but if it's not D-bry, I would love to see Roman Reigns with the gold.

Reaction score
I think a good choice could be Kane, now before anyone jumps on me let me explain. Kane is probably in his last run, and besides his World Title run and his ECW Title run(which tbh uh idk if it should count as a major title) he's not had much of a run before as champion, his WWE Title run was more like a WWE Title Jog, he only had it 24 hours if that. Plus with Kane being the one they will have putting him out it makes perfect sense for Daniel to come back and take the belt off of Kane to get his revenge and his title back.

Sure he has. He was World Heavyweight Champion for half of a year in 2010. He spent most of the title reign doing the impossible and defeating Taker on PPV three times in a row. There isn't much of a point of giving Kane a thank-you reign when he already had one. Besides, do you really want the Kane/Bryan feud to continue? If nothing else, Bryan's injury can be a blessing in that it kills the Kane program.

If you want to give anyone the title, put it on Cesaro to continue his momentum that began at Mania. Giving Cesaro a meaningful reign as champion can end up creating a new WWE main eventer. That would be far more beneficial than another reign for Kane.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Sure he has. He was World Heavyweight Champion for half of a year in 2010. He spent most of the title reign doing the impossible and defeating Taker on PPV three times in a row. There isn't much of a point of giving Kane a thank-you reign when he already had one. Besides, do you really want the Kane/Bryan feud to continue? If nothing else, Bryan's injury can be a blessing in that it kills the Kane program.

If you want to give anyone the title, put it on Cesaro to continue his momentum that began at Mania. Giving Cesaro a meaningful reign as champion can end up creating a new WWE main eventer. That would be far more beneficial than another reign for Kane.

They was going to have one more match anyway, so Daniel can come back, have that one match and move on to something better. Kane can get a good run with the top title, I mean yeah his World Title run was good, but honestly he deserve a good run with the top title for all the work he's put into the company and being loyal.

That be a good choice also, but do you want him having a run that will only be a good 2-3 months or so? For Kane that will okay for a thanks for being loyal run, but for Cesaro I want his first run to at least be 4-5 months.

Reaction score
Again, I don't see why Kane deserves another thank-you reign when he already had one. Keep in mind, this is the same wrestler who's entire career was losing to the Undertaker. Then, he wins the World Heavyweight Title and not only does he FINALLY get a win against Taker, but he gets three straight PPV wins against Taker, including a HIAC match. If you want to thank Kane for his work, having his last major title reign be that is far better than throwing him the title to keep the title warm for the real champion when that program was arguably only the third biggest angle in the company.

If Bryan has to be out for several months, let's not devalue the title by putting it on Kane. Put it on someone who is on his way up in the company so that not only is the title not being hurt, but you're helping boost up a wrestler too.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I hate "thank you" reigns.

The WWE title has been in a good place champions wise for a while now. Putting the title on Kane would be a massive step backwards.

Realistic scenario time:

Triple H said to both Orton & Batista after WM that both are due rematches for the WWE title. Whoever wins the Cena/Wyatt match will also be in with a shot (or they can just make the Payback match for the vacant title). So yeah, Cena, Orton or Batista. I know, not terribly exciting but as I said, realistic.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Even though, Lesnar would be the logical choice, since he did end the streak, I wouldn't like to see another part timer as champion. I mean, when The Rock was champion he really didn't make every RAW appearance, and fans at House Shows pay to see the Title defended. Also, I don't really see him in the current story line with Bryan and The Authority at the moment.

Now with that being said, I can possible see another Triple H reign since he is one of the corner stones of the story line. This would give Daniel Bryan another Obstacle to over come when he comes back. Even though, coming back from a serious injury/surgury is an obstacle all in itself, this will make him a bigger underdog playing into his current character.

However, I would like to see the impossible happen. I would love to see Triple H make a deal no one thinks he would ever make, and that is find a way to bring back CM Punk and put the title on him. A heel Punk with the Authority vs. The Underdog/fan favorite/guy who replaced Punk Daniel Bryan could be a huge feud. I know it is wishful thinking but I think it would seriously go over.