So since when is the WHC not the SD champion?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Because DZ is a SD no show back to back weeks. I've never given enough of a shit to pay attention, but doesn't the WHC generally appear on SD, and maybe even *gasp* have the show built around them? That's what I always thought anyway.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Well I went to wwe.com, and I see the reason why Alberto continued to show up on Smackdown, because he is a Smackdown superstar. Smackdown no longer has the WHC belt, since Dolph Ziggler is a Raw superstar, and took the title with him to Raw. Even though the brand split doesn't exist anymore, that's the only thing I can really think of.

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
Because DZ is a SD no show back to back weeks. I've never given enough of a shit to pay attention, but doesn't the WHC generally appear on SD, and maybe even *gasp* have the show built around them? That's what I always thought anyway.

He wasn't on SD but I saw him the same day as the tapings, at a house show in Nottingham, so whilst it's a loss for SD. He was a boss for me xD

Reactions: Crayo

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Yeah, but apparently he's been working RAW live events cause Punk is gone.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
At the moment it's probably because the taping schedule's so tight over there... wait, no, Fandongo was on both shows. Never mind. There goes your one logical explanation, *tips cap and leaves*

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I love how WWE dictates their tv programming based on who is working what house show circuit. Fucking imbeciles.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I wish they would just stick to the brand split. The 'Raw Supershow" shit has come and gone--- no reason we can't have two separate shows again. SD was at least a helluva lot more watchable when things were that way as opposed to now.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
The brand split is a good idea, but the booking isn't good enough. It makes the roster look like shit. I don't know why they haven't experimented on SmackDown and haven't completely rebranded it. SmackDown will always be the most watched show on its network by a mile, so viewership decline isn't something they need to worry about. The current NXT should be SmackDown, and SmackDown should be independent from RAW.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I don't see how a brand split makes the roster look shitty. They have enough guys to easily have two shows. The only reason they don't IMO is because it creates more work for their terrible creative team whereas now they don't have ANY real feuds that are being grown or developed on SD, it is basically just Superstars at this point.

Reaction score
So Smackdown doesn't have any title, I don't see why they keep SD! since all the RAW superstar can go on SD! and SD! to RAW, there is no need for a different brand

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I don't see how a brand split makes the roster look shitty. They have enough guys to easily have two shows. The only reason they don't IMO is because it creates more work for their terrible creative team whereas now they don't have ANY real feuds that are being grown or developed on SD, it is basically just Superstars at this point.
Who was on SmackDown this week who currently looks good?

Shield - Predominantly a RAW stable, although they're at both shows.

Ziggler, ADR, Henry, I suppose, but without Henry in the title frame you have to have him feud with Sheamus, Orton, or Big Show. WWE's roster is fine, and can be spread over both shows, but with the way SD is booked it will always make everything look shit. Also, having spoilers everywhere ruins it as well. At this point I have lost hope, and just want the brand split over.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Who was on SmackDown this week who currently looks good?

Shield - Predominantly a RAW stable, although they're at both shows.

Ziggler, ADR, Henry, I suppose, but without Henry in the title frame you have to have him feud with Sheamus, Orton, or Big Show. WWE's roster is fine, and can be spread over both shows, but with the way SD is booked it will always make everything look shit. Also, having spoilers everywhere ruins it as well. At this point I have lost hope, and just want the brand split over.

You need to have a draft to re-establish the brand split. Obviously no "SD Superstars' looked good on SD this week--- nobody even knows what a Raw/SD superstar is at this point.

You build the brand around Ziggler, ADR, Big Show (good monster heel to have around even if the IWC hates him), Swagger ect and put the midcarders who are badass wrestlers on that brand. Cesaro, Kofi, Barrett, Fandango, Orton, ect

Then you still have a TON of talent running around on Raw from Cena/Ryback/Shield to Henry to Punk & even the part timers when they show up. Rosters too thin? OK, time to call up Bray Wyatt/Ohno/ect from NXT to SD and send the more over guys to Raw.

SD should be its own brand with its own champions used to get guys over and prepare them for the big stage of Raw. You use a handful of guys who are already big time to interact with the younger ones who you want to get over.

Reactions: Farooq and Snowman1

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
"You build the brand around Ziggler, ADR, Big Show (good monster heel to have around even if the IWC hates him), Swagger ect and put the midcarders who are badass wrestlers on that brand. Cesaro, Kofi, Barrett, Fandango, Orton, ect "
This sounds horrible.