So since when is the WHC not the SD champion?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nano

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Website
www.pheed.com
Brands are supposed not to exist but yeah, it's supposed too that the WHC should appear in SD, he's a champion yeah but can compete in both programs, Raw and SD

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
"You build the brand around Ziggler, ADR, Big Show (good monster heel to have around even if the IWC hates him), Swagger ect and put the midcarders who are badass wrestlers on that brand. Cesaro, Kofi, Barrett, Fandango, Orton, ect "
This sounds horrible.

Thought you were a big fan of the brand split? (Were, anyway)

Koskey's still head writer like he was when SD was really good in 2011, but there's obvious Vince oversight at play here.
Koskey's booking drew, Vince's isn't, so the answer here seems simple... but then again you can't bring the brand split back until Rollins turns face.

As you said you can either have a brand split on and off TV or one big roster on and off TV. You can't have it both ways.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I WAS a big fan of it, and think it's a fantastic opportunity to rebrand a show desperately needing it, but it won't happen. With the current product, I would much rather just one show.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I WAS a big fan of it, and think it's a fantastic opportunity to rebrand a show desperately needing it, but it won't happen. With the current product, I would much rather just one show.

Just an observation, but this is such a common theme I've noticed when discussing anything pertaining from WWE.

You'll get two people discussing something and somewhat disagreeing... but in reality they agree, the difference is one is talking about an idealistic situation and the other is talking about a realistic situation pertaining to how WWE would actually go about doing it.

Basically we can all agree on two things: 1.) A properly done brand split with two uniquely entertaining rosters/shows is the way to go but 2.) WWE can't accomplish that as they stand in 2013, or are unwilling to put that much effort into things.

Am I reading this properly?

Reactions: Farooq and Crayo

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
WOW YET OK? SMACKDOWN! BEST WWE SHOW TAKIN OVER IWT! LOOK YEERS 2000-2004!

Goddamit Senhor. Here I was like, wow yet OK? Another Gohan post. How often can we do this. But then the "look years 2000-2004!' part made me lol for some reason.

Reactions: Senhor Perfect

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I support the end of the brand extension. It's all just one show now and while I liked it in it's infancy, the whole idea has run it's course. I never thought even when it began that it would last forever. The fact that the current world champion isn't even centered around the show (at least the past two SD episodes) proves that the show doesn't really serve much purpose as far as pretending there is still a roster split of any kind goes.

They have all the talent to just have one big, great roster now. Just unify the world titles eventually (Wrestlemania XXX seems like an ideal place) and push the Intercontinental Championship as your second most important title (as it used to be), the United States Championship as the secondary midcard title (the same place of the European/Television Championship) and then you have your Tag Team Titles and your Diva's Championship and you're all set.

Reactions: Farooq and Swift

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
That all sounds fine and dandy but they aren't merging the titles. The WHC, just like the IC/US titles, is a feud crutch for the uncreative team. No way they just merge their most prestigious mid card belt into the WWE Title.

Reactions: Snowman1