So RAW has no GM again?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
If Hart is going to be GM, he needs to step up his mic skills a bit. Name one promo he did this year without him making a mistake.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Bret has never been anything to get excited about on the mic. He has never liked being on the mic, as a matter of fact he was always scared of talking. I wouldn't hate him as GM, but I wouldn't love it either. I think that he could make a decent face GM, he wouldn't need to go out all that often and cut promos, just make matches and keep the peace so to speak.

Axis

Reaction score
I'd rather they do it like they did before the "General Manager" role was created and bastardized. Have an authority, sure, but they don't need to be on television every week, and they certainly don't need to be involved in on-screen feuds. Have them show up every several weeks just to settle big-time conflicts and make huge announcements ("huge" meaning "huge," not "huge" meaning "SHEAMUS VS CENA IN THE MAIN EVENT OMG"). On any given week, all the GM segments combined take up about as much time as a simple Evan Bourne vs Yoshi match would.

As for bringing up Shawn Michaels, if they are going to bring him back at all, it should be in a role like I stated. The whole reason he retired was to spend more time with his family. If they make him the Raw GM though, they should make Bret Hart the Smackdown GM. Neither guy would have to be on weekly, but there could be the underlying theme of each guy wanting to one-up each other (given their history) in order to put on a better show. It would certainly make a PPV like Bragging Rights actually mean something.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I would mark like fuck is my Shane came back and took over GM duties but since that probably wont happen....it would be kick ass if The Rock took over <3

Airfixx

Reaction score
I'd rather they do it like they did before the "General Manager" role was created and bastardized. Have an authority, sure, but they don't need to be on television every week, and they certainly don't need to be involved in on-screen feuds. Have them show up every several weeks just to settle big-time conflicts and make huge announcements ("huge" meaning "huge," not "huge" meaning "SHEAMUS VS CENA IN THE MAIN EVENT OMG"). On any given week, all the GM segments combined take up about as much time as a simple Evan Bourne vs Yoshi match would.

As for bringing up Shawn Michaels, if they are going to bring him back at all, it should be in a role like I stated. The whole reason he retired was to spend more time with his family. If they make him the Raw GM though, they should make Bret Hart the Smackdown GM. Neither guy would have to be on weekly, but there could be the underlying theme of each guy wanting to one-up each other (given their history) in order to put on a better show. It would certainly make a PPV like Bragging Rights actually mean something.

Thats a sweet idea! :y:

JurassicBonez

Reaction score

Ah, the good ol'days. Would be a nice change if this were to happen. I honestly don't see it happening in a very long time.

hbkfan

Reaction score
im so glad vickie is not going to be the permenat gm i cant watch her segments its awful. i wouldent mind jbl as gm tho.