So... does anyone here watch hockey? lol

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I'm a casual hockey fan. Rest of the family loves it and both brothers play it on a high level (one in the third highest division in Sweden so he's getting paid to play, and the youngest in the junior 20 team) but I don't have a team I root for. Should I hop on this season of the NHL and pick a team?

Kooldip

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm a casual hockey fan. Rest of the family loves it and both brothers play it on a high level (one in the third highest division in Sweden so he's getting paid to play, and the youngest in the junior 20 team) but I don't have a team I root for. Should I hop on this season of the NHL and pick a team?
Very cool, are they both aiming for the NHL? It's never too late! I'd say hop on :p

Stopspot

Reaction score
Very cool, are they both aiming for the NHL? It's never too late! I'd say hop on :p
I'd say their goal is the SHL at least. For the older of my two younger brothers I'd say its reaching the All Swedish division (the one under the SHL). They'd love playing in the NHL but they are both realists and know that if that was the case scouts would have already been on them.

A childhood friend of theirs (in essence mine as well I guess since I've known him since he was in diapers) did a try out with Nashville in the summer though.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I watch it from time to time, red wings fan.

Reactions: Kooldip

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Stop, If you want to start I'd say go for the Detroit Red wings. They have quite a few Swedes on the team and are very competitive. Are you familiar with Johan Frazen, Henrik Zetterberg, or Daniel Alfredsson?

Reactions: TheArabHammer

Stopspot

Reaction score
Zetterberg yeah, childhood hero of my brothers. There's a good amount of Swedes in the NHL overall from what I know. Hedman is doing good in Tampa.

Nick

Reaction score
Watch it every now and then. Rangers are my favorite team

Reactions: Shannon_724

Kooldip

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Stop, If you want to start I'd say go for the Detroit Red wings. They have quite a few Swedes on the team and are very competitive. Are you familiar with Johan Frazen, Henrik Zetterberg, or Daniel Alfredsson?
Definitely, if Canada fails in tournaments, I always cheer for Sweden. Forsberg and Lidstrom are two of my all time favorite players.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Zetterberg yeah, childhood hero of my brothers. There's a good amount of Swedes in the NHL overall from what I know. Hedman is doing good in Tampa.
He's OK. Other than his size not too much stands out. I'd say Zetterberg, Lundqvist in New York, Erik Karlsson in Ottawa, and the Sedin twins in Vancouver are the top 5 Swedes by far.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Well there the guys who have been there the longest, established names and all.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Fun fact: I'm from the same town as Samuel Påhlsson. I had his parents as teachers in school. He brought the Stanley cup to the town square after he won it.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Fun fact: I'm from the same town as Samuel Påhlsson. I had his parents as teachers in school. He brought the Stanley cup to the town square after he won it.
Great defensive third liner for the Ducks for many years. Underrated guy IMO.