• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Smarks Talk Hip Hop

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
I really don't hesitate to say that Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers is the best rap album I've heard in several years. It's one of the best I've ever heard, period. A serious contender for greatest of all time in my book, and I would feel it's premature to say that, but I've listened to the album several times already and I feel totally confident saying it belongs in that tier. I mean, it's basically a flawless album. The music, lyrics, hooks, verses, features, theme, narrative, flows, interludes and structure of the album is all perfectly on point. The only thing I can possibly see being held against it is that it doesn't have as many commercial hip hop sounding songs as his previous albums, and maybe therefore it isn't as much as a "daily listening" type album, like DAMN or GKMC, but that's not something I'd personally hold against it.

Top tracks for me would be Worldwide Steppers, Father Time, We Cry Together, Savior, Mr. Morale and Mirror, with Auntie Diaries and Mother I Sober being the absolute peak for me because those two songs specifically are fucking phenomenal.

N95 and Silent Hill are great for the more casual listens.