Smarks Talk Hip Hop

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
zybXHYe.png

I think it's high time with the number of apparent hip hop heads that are on this forum, both old and new... that we create a thread simply designed to talk hip hop, rap, and hell even some alternative R&B. Whatever fits under the pretty large umbrella that is hip hop.

Really, what better place to kick things off than talking some 2019. We're pretty much at the end of the year now so why not talk our favorite songs and projects of the year? I'm still not entirely locked into what my rap rankings for the year are but I can say pretty safely my top 10 albums of the year (in some order!) would be...

All My Heroes Are Cornball - JPEGMAFIA
IGOR - Tyler, the Creator
Bandana - Freddie Gibbs and Madlib
GREY AREA - Little Simz
Arizona Baby - Kevin Abstract
The Plugs I Met - Benny the Butcher
Floor Seats - ASAP Ferg
Die For My Bitch - Baby Keem
The Sailor - Rich Brian
Ventura - Anderson .Paak

Some honorable mentions go to...

Lamb Over Rice - Action Bronson and The Alchemist
uknowwhatimsaying? - Danny Brown
The Big Day - Chance the Rapper (sue me)
Lost Planet - Smokepurpp
CrasH Talk - ScHoolboy Q
Television - 99 Neighbors
Netflix & Deal - 03 Greedo and Kenny Beats
Ginger - BROCKHAMPTON
So Much Fun - Young Thug
Hiding Places - Billy Woods and Kenny Segal

Been a really strong year in rap really. Not as many major mainstream releases as 2018, it seems but a lot of stars emerging and a lot of really great underground projects came out. 2020 will be a very interesting year, for sure.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I’m old school, the legendary stuff like Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, LL Cool J, Mobb Deep, Jay Z, Missy Elliott, Eminem, NWA, Beastie Boys, MC Lyte, Remy Ma, etc. There’s not much today I find appealing, a lot of stupid looking kids with drawings on their faces.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
King Kendrick still a step ahead of everyone else tbh but I've been really behind on keeping up with new stuff

Reactions: Worst Player Ever

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Tyler, The Creator - IGOR
BROCKHAMPTON - GINGER
Logic - Confessions of a Dangerous Mind
Yung Gravy - Sensational
ScHoolboy Q -CrasH Talk
Danny Brown - uknowhatimsaying?
Rich Brian - The Sailor

Those are some of the albums I have dug this year. I’m trying to get into more modern hip hop and with the help of EC I’ve been checking out more modern stuff and I’ve liked what I’ve heard so far. Modern artists I like are Kendrick, Logic, Tyler, The Creator, A$AP Rocky, BROCKHAMPTON, ScHoolboy Q, Yung Gravy.

I like old school hip hop too like Biggie, 2Pac, Wu-Tang, Eminem (I like his newer stuff too but his older work is classic imo), Jay-Z, just to name a few.

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I am so out of the loop but knowin' I like most of those names I would enjoy a lot of what ya posted, EC. It's just damn that's a lot of shit to catch up when nowadays as I get older I just tend to get drunk and listen to shit I know I already like. It's kind of like a routine at this point.

My favorite rapper though is JR Writer who I annoy a lot of people with so get prepared for that around here. I think Nas is the greatest of all-time, sorry 2pac and Biggie. Eh, they don't care I'm white.

I do like to listen to Danny Brown, Flatbush Zombies, Joey Badass, Prof, Young Gravy as far as some newer stuff goes even though I'm sure even those names dates me about 5 years behind.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I am so out of the loop but knowin' I like most of those names I would enjoy a lot of what ya posted, EC. It's just damn that's a lot of shit to catch up when nowadays as I get older I just tend to get drunk and listen to shit I know I already like. It's kind of like a routine at this point.

My favorite rapper though is JR Writer who I annoy a lot of people with so get prepared for that around here. I think Nas is the greatest of all-time, sorry 2pac and Biggie. Eh, they don't care I'm white.

I do like to listen to Danny Brown, Flatbush Zombies, Joey Badass, Prof, Young Gravy as far as some newer stuff goes even though I'm sure even those names dates me about 5 years behind.

I fucks with Flatbush a lot, and I agree that Nas is better than both Pac and Biggie or at least that Illmatic is the best album by any of those three guys

Reactions: Hoss and Kiffy Lube

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I would be honest in saying that my love for Hip Hop or Rap hasn't been in the same in Years. When I do listen to it, it's usually from someone like The Weeknd or Kendrick Lamar. I will pretty much listen to anything if you give me a link to a vid or two for sure. I do thank my Dad for getting me into Hip Hop and Rap and that starts with Rakim.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I would be honest in saying that my love for Hip Hop or Rap hasn't been in the same in Years. When I do listen to it, it's usually from someone like The Weeknd or Kendrick Lamar. I will pretty much listen to anything if you give me a link to a vid or two for sure. I do thank my Dad for getting me into Hip Hop and Rap and that starts with Rakim.

You don't say

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

I should of posted this sooner. I can't wait to see to listen to the rest of Eminem's new Album. If you don't get moved by this Song, you have no Soul.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3

Good stuff from Mac. I’m especially digging “Floating”

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Drake has a new album (mixtape?) out. Seems like a good basis for some discussion. I gave it a listen this morning and I've got mixed feelings. I haven't been a fan of Drake since Nothing Was The Same. He puts out the occasional song that I really dig but it feels like his projects are just getting weaker and weaker over the years. From a rapping and musical standpoint, this new project is good. Drake is definitely a good rapper to me. BUT he has just driven his style completely into the ground imo. He's basically become Flanderized. (https://allthetropes.fandom.com/wiki/Flanderization) It's like he exclusively raps in Instagram captions nowadays. And it just prevents me from really getting into his shit. The only song I truly enjoyed was Desire because he and Future make a great combo. Idk. What y'all think about Dark Lane Demo Tapes?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
One of my friends said Drake only raps in Instagram captions a couple years ago and I've never been able to forget it :DEAD: