Smackdown Spoilers for 17/2

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
*Video package on the World title situation and Raw.

*Backstage, Teddy Long informs Randy Orton that he is not fit to compete and will be pulled from the Elimination Chamber.

*Great Khali & Big Show defeated Wade Barrett & WWE Intercontinental champion Cody Rhodes when Show chokeslammed Barrett for the pin.

*Wrestlemania promo.

*Teddy Long is on the phone talking about the Orton situation when Mark Henry walks in and says Long needs him as champion. Big show interrupts and tells teddy long he wants Daniel Bryan tonight. Henry steps up to him and Show clocks him, then destroys the office.

*Teddy Long promo announcing Big Show had been removed from the Arena.

*Hunico defeated Ted DiBiase after Camacho's interference.

*WWE Tag Team champions Epico & Hunico defeated The Usos.

*World champion Daniel Bryan came out and cut a promo saying that he was a real man, unlike Big Show and Randy Orton. He said that he had proven he was a winner and demanded Lilian Garcia announce him the winner by forfeit. Teddy Long came out and announced a replacement for Orton tonight, Sheamus.

Bryan vs. Sheamus. Daniel grabbed the belt and began to walk away, but was leveled by Sheamus, who took control. Bryan got on the top rope and spit in Sheamus' face. Sheamus lost it and went nuts and in the process, shoved the referee and was DQ'd.

*Teddy Long said he would have a Battle Royal to determine who gets Orton's spot in the Elimination Chamber.

*Jinder Mahal defeated Ezekiel Jackson.

*Tamina and Alicia Fox defeated Beth Phoenix and Natalya. Tamina laid out Beth and teased the Superfly Splash but Phoenix rolled out of the ring.

*John Laurinaitis showed up and added David Otunga to the Battle Royal.

*The Battle Royal comes down to Otunga and Santino Marella. Marella wins, so he replaces Orton in the Chamber Sunday.

PWInsider

Many things to talk about here:

- Cannot see the point of Santino replacing Orton. I'm not being a killjoy, but no one believes Santino will win and will more than likely be fodder for Barrett or Cody so I see absolutely no point in him being there.

- Really want to know how long Sheamus/Bryan goes, because if it goes any longer than 5 minutes, there's no way that match is happening at WM.

- Does anyone buy Barrett or Cody heading into the Chamber match? Neither man has been booked to look like a threat heading into the contest.

- Does Sheamus even have matches booked anymore, or does he just turn up at arenas and wait for someone to piss Teddy off? :lol:

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Wow.

This show sounds absolutely dreadful.

First and foremost, this shows how terribly thin the talent pool is in WWE right now. Santino is the best choice you could come up with for Orton's replacement? So now the Smackdown EC on Sunday consists of Barrett, Rhodes, Big Show, Khali, Santino and Bryan. The only saving grace for this entire fiasco is knowing Bryan will leave with the belt. As for the match itself, it could be a trainwreck of epic proportions, so I'm actually looking forward to it.

As for Bryan/Sheamus I doubt it goes any longer than the time it takes for Bryan to spit in Sheamus' face. From reading that it didn't appear there was any actual match taking place, more of a setup for the shenanigans.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Big Zeke loses to Jinder? Wow. Someones stock has dropped.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I reckon the chamber match will still be good as WWE seems to have perfected that match in recent years, but the lack of any suspense over the winner at this point is disappointing.

Since the battle royal was inter-promotional, guys better suited than Santino:

- Justin Gabriel - Young rising star benefits from just being in the spotlight
- Jack Swagger - US Champ, instantly more credible
- Jinder Mahal - Was pushed for apparently no reason at all throughout January, wouldn't look too out of place as a result

CrimsonTide

Reaction score
Anyone replacing Orton had no chance. But Santino winning was pretty cool. It would be so awesome if he did somehow win the EC and headline Wrestlemania.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Literally this is one of the worst shows I've ever seen. Santino... Has wwe ever heard about Mark Henry. Wade and Cody have pretty much gotten buried going into the chamber. The Great Khali has gotten the biggest push out if all the superstars. Sheamus vs Bryan ends in a quick DQ... Jesus. Jinder mahal beats Ezekiel Jackson why? Hunico and Ted Dibiase continue to trade victories with no point. I hope that a epico and primo vs the usos feud comes out of this. And that brings me back to Santino...

The Viper

Reaction score
Literally this is one of the worst shows I've ever seen. Santino... Has wwe ever heard about Mark Henry. Wade and Cody have pretty much gotten buried going into the chamber. The Great Khali has gotten the biggest push out if all the superstars. Sheamus vs Bryan ends in a quick DQ... Jesus. Jinder mahal beats Ezekiel Jackson why? Hunico and Ted Dibiase continue to trade victories with no point. I hope that a epico and primo vs the usos feud comes out of this. And that brings me back to Santino...

Have you ever heard of having 2 injuries at the same time? WWE didn't put Henry in the Chamber in the first place because he's injured.

I'm calling it right now, they're gonna pull an EC 2009. As Santino is walking to the ring, Christian's music hits, beats the shit out of Santino and takes his spot in the Chamber.

I somehow have a feeling that Santino wont be competing in the Chamber on Sunday so that's what I think might happen.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Have you ever heard of having 2 injuries at the same time? WWE didn't put Henry in the Chamber in the first place because he's injured.

I'm calling it right now, they're gonna pull an EC 2009. As Santino is walking to the ring, Christian's music hits, beats the shit out of Santino and takes his spot in the Chamber.

I somehow have a feeling that Santino wont be competing in the Chamber on Sunday so that's what I think might happen.

If Christian competes I will be happy.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Favorite Sports Team
TTa0tmV
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
If you ask me, I believe if they kept Santino as a heel and didn't do that Santina shit he would've been a credible entrant. But w/e it's not like he's going to win and I could totally see the Christian attack happening with him either winning and feuding with Sheamus while Bryan feuds with Orton or starting a feud with Big Show (the one who injured him) and WWE dropping the Shaq plans.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Sin cara would have been in the match instead of the great khali

Citan

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Santino?

*Miz mode on*

Really? Really? Really? Really?

*Miz mode off*

Seriously, that's the best they could come up with? What about the Funk?