Smackdown possibly moving to Thursday nights causes panic for TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
- There was said to be panic backstage at the TNA Impact Wrestling tapings on August 6th, the second night of this week's tapings. The cause of the chatter was news that came out about WWE possibly moving SmackDown back to Thursday nights.

This combined with everyone expecting some kind of announcement regarding TNA's future with Spike TV caused people to worry. Regarding reports of Spike not renewing TNA's deal and TNA management denying those reports, there are many people in the company that talk like they believe management but others are more skeptical.

TNA officials reportedly held a meeting the next night that left some talents in an upbeat mood but officials did not give a clear answer about their future with Spike. Talents were told previously that they would be getting good news at this week's tapings.

It's no secret that SmackDown going to Thursdays would hurt Impact's ratings and any chance of a deal they may have with Spike and other networks. Spike likely would not move Impact to Friday nights because of Bellator MMA. Sources at Spike have noted that there is nothing new between the two sides since the reports from last week came out.

And the news gets worse

Joey

Reaction score
Awe sheeeet, I like Smackdown on Fridays. Whatever.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
This is the Shark swimming around the tank. The biggest rival for WWE right now I'm major trouble and Vincent is smelling blood.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Who even watches Smackdown?

It's awful. I do suppose the same could be said about TNA most of the time.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Who even watches Smackdown?

It's awful. I do suppose the same could be said about TNA most of the time.
How would you know its awful if you don't watch it?

Idiotic comments like that aside, minus the over-reliance on recaps, SmackDown consistently puts on at least two strong matches a week and helps further angles. The same can be said for Main Event and Superstars.

Oh and yes, I watch it and almost always prefer it to the three hour shitfest that Raw has become.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
How would you know its awful if you don't watch it?

Idiotic comments like that aside, minus the over-reliance on recaps, SmackDown consistently puts on at least two strong matches a week and helps further angles. The same can be said for Main Event and Superstars.

Oh and yes, I watch it and almost always prefer it to the three hour shitfest that Raw has become.
How do you know Drake is awful if you don't listen to him?

It's the same principle.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
When did I say I've never listened to him? I've heard more than enough Drake to know that its not my cup of tea.

Nice try though.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
When did I say I've never listened to him? I've heard more than enough Drake to know that its not my cup of tea.

Nice try though.
I've seen enough of Smackdown to know that I don't like it.

I've always seen Smackdown as a recap of Raw with maybe a good match on it, it has that reputation too.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Yeah, God forbid someone who watches wrestling would, you know, want to watch wrestling. :lol:

I'll take it in any form available and since I rarely watch the entire Raw (because again, too long and mostly boring backstage segments I couldn't care less about) SD serves a useful purpose for me.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Yeah, God forbid someone who watches wrestling would, you know, want to watch wrestling. :lol:

I'll take it in any form available and since I rarely watch the entire Raw (because again, too long and mostly boring backstage segments I couldn't care less about) SD serves a useful purpose for me.
I for one enjoy segments. I must be one of the only wrestling fans who actually prefers the entertainment aspect of the shows to the actual wrestling.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I for one enjoy segments. I must be one of the only wrestling fans who actually prefers the entertainment aspect of the shows to the actual wrestling.
Nah, I think there's a lot of people that appreciate/enjoy the segment stuff. I just tend to watch for the wrestling these days, my soap opera enjoyment of the program has long since fizzled out. At least with SD, I can usually FF through all the recaps and segments and only have to spend a half hour watching the show, so it saves me a lot of time in the long run.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Nah, I think there's a lot of people that appreciate/enjoy the segment stuff. I just tend to watch for the wrestling these days, my soap opera enjoyment of the program has long since fizzled out. At least with SD, I can usually FF through all the recaps and segments and only have to spend a half hour watching the show, so it saves me a lot of time in the long run.
Time for what

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Time for what
Well, there's the sock drawer I've been trying to re-arrange, my tiddly winks league, axe-throwing, watching 24 on high speed so it becomes 12, pocket lint investigations, learning new ways to fry meat so it tastes like chicken...and that's just for starters. I've got some weird hobbies as well.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Well, there's the sock drawer I've been trying to re-arrange, my tiddly winks league, axe-throwing, watching 24 on high speed so it becomes 12, pocket lint investigations, learning new ways to fry meat so it tastes like chicken...and that's just for starters. I've got some weird hobbies as well.
Don't forget the midget anal sex

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Had to give it up, I was getting short changed.