Smackdown moving to Thursdays?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Also the Uso's are not blatantly holding the titles on the truck, is it possible they have lost the belts by October? Surely they would promote their championships right?
They never do that.

Titles change hands to often to promote a champion on a truck.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Good times. Not one WWE champion (or challenger) this year has managed to show that much shameless aggression.
I hate to be 'that guy', but JBL was a GREAT heel.

Anytime someone says they hate to be "that guy", they actually in fact love being that guy. Admit it, I am the same way. :4/10:

I thought JBL was an awesome heel, too. People used to shit all over his title reign in 2004/2005 but I was one of the few people who loved it. We all knew Batista was being drafted to Smackdown after seeing Cena drafted to Raw, but the moment where JBL thinks he's won the vacant championship only for Teddy Long to announce not-so-fast because the WHC Batista is the last SD draft pick was awesome. Good times.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I loved to hate him, as much as that sounds cliché
The man was fired from CNBC and did the Nazi salute in Germany.
If you didn't have an opinion of him, I'd question if you even had a soul.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Anytime someone says they hate to be "that guy", they actually in fact love being that guy. Admit it, I am the same way. :4/10:

I thought JBL was an awesome heel, too. People used to shit all over his title reign in 2004/2005 but I was one of the few people who loved it. We all knew Batista was being drafted to Smackdown after seeing Cena drafted to Raw, but the moment where JBL thinks he's won the vacant championship only for Teddy Long to announce not-so-fast because the WHC Batista is the last SD draft pick was awesome. Good times.
I should sig that first sentence.
I admit, JBL was of poor taste to me from 2004-2005.
Coming off of Guerrero and the awesome clashes over the title from the 2002-2004 time period, JBL disgusted me.
However, being dense as I was, I could not appreciate it. Stick that JBL in any time period and he's effective (to varying degrees of course)

I've yet to find a pure heel on that level in many years. Chris Jericho (circa 2008-2010) deserves a mention, though)

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Now that it's official the question is what will this do to the ratings?

Increase Largely
Increase Slightly
Stay the Same
Decrease Slightly
Decrease Largely

Personally I think the ratings will be a little bit lower at the start simply for the sake of it being on a new night and it may take the regular crowd a few weeks to adjust to the new schedule.. however I think with the addition of people who will watch now that it's not on a night usually spent with the family for dinner or something like that and partying with friends and after a few weeks of adjustment it will end up having an increased amount of viewers.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Now that it's official the question is what will this do to the ratings?

Increase Largely
Increase Slightly
Stay the Same
Decrease Slightly
Decrease Largely

Personally I think the ratings will be a little bit lower at the start simply for the sake of it being on a new night and it may take the regular crowd a few weeks to adjust to the new schedule.. however I think with the addition of people who will watch now that it's not on a night usually spent with the family for dinner or something like that and partying with friends and after a few weeks of adjustment it will end up having an increased amount of viewers.

I think that Thursday Night Football may dig into the ratings slightly.. kind of like when there's a football game on the same Sunday as a PPV and the PPV numbers drop slightly. But it should only be a very slight drop and as you said being that Thursday night is generally family time they could grab more viewers from that. If it goes live though.. ratings will increase largely.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I think that Thursday Night Football may dig into the ratings slightly.. kind of like when there's a football game on the same Sunday as a PPV and the PPV numbers drop slightly. But it should only be a very slight drop and as you said being that Thursday night is generally family time they could grab more viewers from that. If it goes live though.. ratings will increase largely.
They afraid of going head to head with TNA. Now, they don't have to.
Everybody knows TNA is bigger competition than the NFL

• Haha
Reactions: Swift

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
Moving night is going to make no difference to me at all. I won't be watching until they can improve the content.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I watch one or two matches every once in a while- but that's it. They could utilize it and keep the less important feuds going, instead of just dropping them altogether.
Or they could just give a f***. I don't now maybe I'm just old fashioned in that way.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Have fun trying to compete with not only Thursday Night Football, but especially with Canada, NHL.

Reactions: Red Rain

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Have fun trying to compete with not only Thursday Night Football, but especially with Canada, NHL.
The Empire is accustomed to going head to head with football. Vince hates change but this isn't new for him. He isn't p*ssing his trousers over this one.
It's no different from what RAW has been doing for over 20 years. You could argue 'but this is Smackdown, not RAW'. I would agree.
Switching back and forth between Smackdown and your viewing pleasure isn't out of the ordinary. People go out Friday, not Thursday.

I'm sure it could air Wednesday, but the editing process likely makes that day impossible.

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I'm not to sure I can deal with that, but i guess that's what the internet is for!!!