Smackdown moving to Thursdays?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Why would anyone assume that the product is gonna suddenly improve or increase in viewership just because they move Smackdown back to Thursday nights? It's not like anything significant changed when they moved the show to Fridays back in 2005, and there was far more incentive to make the show better then since Friday is about the worse day of the week for television ratings since people are usually out having a good time and stuff (except for me... *sad face*)

Also, what's wrong with The Usos being on the production trucks? They usually slap random faces on nearly all of their production trucks. I recall Wade Barrett and Kofi Kingston being on the production trucks for Wrestlemania 29, back when both guys were doing a whole lot of nothing.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Why would anyone assume that the product is gonna suddenly improve or increase in viewership just because they move Smackdown back to Thursday nights? It's not like anything significant changed when they moved the show to Fridays back in 2005, and there was far more incentive to make the show better then since Friday is about the worse day of the week for television ratings since people are usually out having a good time and stuff (except for me... *sad face*)

Also, what's wrong with The Usos being on the production trucks? They usually slap random faces on nearly all of their production trucks. I recall Wade Barrett and Kofi Kingston being on the production trucks for Wrestlemania 29, back when both guys were doing a whole lot of nothing.
The Uso's add nothing to mankind. They are Triple U and epitomize retardation more than words allow.
Their act is lame and I wish Rikishi had worn a rubber.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
If they make it live and attempt to improve it... maybe, and that's still a small maybe. It just means you can get the spoilers to Fandango matches one day early really. Which is a shame because during Ruthless Aggression I enjoyed Smackdown! more than Raw. How things change.

Reactions: Red Rain

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
So one would presume if this is happening that the schedule would be

MONDAY - RAW
TUESDAY - MAIN EVENT
WEDNESDAY - NXT
THURSDAY - SMACKDOWN
FRIDAY - SUPERSTARS

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
FFS get rid of Superstars and Main Event already.
Nobody I'd manage to care about would be working those programs anyways.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
FFS get rid of Superstars and Main Event already.
Nobody I'd manage to care about would be working those programs anyways.
Well, certainly there's no point in watching them but the low card guys need work too. And Superstars was actually a pretty ace show a few years back.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Actually, a move to Thursday would be welcomed in my book. Seeing as how TNA has been awesome lately, the contrast in quality would stare at you right in the face.
Unfortunately, the general public are a bunch of idiots who prefer to be told what to like, buy and eat.
If TNA's quality progressed, it would overtake Smackdown and either force its cancellation and encourage the Empire to make it a better product.

Unfortunately, Smackdown's track record far exceeds TNA's. WWE does far too many things correctly and has a network that does its job.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Thursday means going up against the NFL 16 times a year. It isn't quite Monday night football but it is moving to CBS this year from the NFL network which will increase the number of households who can view greatly.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Might add a few viewers. I know usually I can't download it until early friday if I want to watch it early. People may tune in early

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Thursday means going up against the NFL 16 times a year. It isn't quite Monday night football but it is moving to CBS this year from the NFL network which will increase the number of households who can view greatly.
F***, I had no idea. I hate the NFL more now. The NFL is smart for taking this deal, but its annoying they will now be working hand in hand with another network. Why the f*** would you take programming off your own network and allow it to be shown on another. It's annoying to me because its 100% about money.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
F***, I had no idea. I hate the NFL more now. The NFL is smart for taking this deal, but its annoying they will now be working hand in hand with another network. Why the f*** would you take programming off your own network and allow it to be shown on another. It's annoying to me because its 100% about money.
They already show games on CBS on Sundays, so they just expanded the deal. Like I said, TNF isn't quite MNF, but over the past few years Thursday has basically become another NFL night, and going to network TV from a channel many don't have/can't get will only boost that trend.

As for Smackdown, I'm not sure Thursday/Friday makes a difference if it isn't live. I think the majority of people who watch it watch it either on DVR or somewhere online after the fact anyhow. I can't even begin to imagine the demo numbers for the Friday Night SyFy showings... it is surely all boys 18 and under.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
They already show games on CBS on Sundays, so they just expanded the deal. Like I said, TNF isn't quite MNF, but over the past few years Thursday has basically become another NFL night, and going to network TV from a channel many don't have/can't get will only boost that trend.

As for Smackdown, I'm not sure Thursday/Friday makes a difference if it isn't live. I think the majority of people who watch it watch it either on DVR or somewhere online after the fact anyhow. I can't even begin to imagine the demo numbers for the Friday Night SyFy showings... it is surely all boys 18 and under.
I do enjoy CBS, to be honest. It's always been the AFC's network, correct? That means it doesn't show the jobber conference; the NFC.
If it had to be any network I'm glad it was this one. If I'm off base for sh**ting on the NFC let me know, because last I checked the AFC has far better QB's and rivalries (as a whole) than the jobber conference.

It's an excellent deal, but too much change can be excessive. I'm only just getting used to TNF. I'd hate Wednesday Night Football, simply because the money was good. It just seems excessive.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
The only way smackdown ever gets ratings up is to make it live. Even if you DVR it and watch it a day after it doesn't add to the viewership. You have to be able to watch all the ads live or some shit. It's weird how they do that stuff.