Smackdown moving to Thursdays?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
A photo has surfaced on Reddit.com that shows an updated version of WWE's equipment trucks, which also features SmackDown with the updated WWE logo, as well as mentioning that the show airs on Thursday nights on SyFy.

This has since led to speculation that the show may be moving back to Thursdays, but there is also the possibility that the image may have been Photoshopped as a hoax.

You can check out the photo below:

V2att0A.jpg

Source

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
This seems like a definite possibility to me.. WWE is trying to recreate itself with the new logo, the network, and pushing a few boundaries again.

No, I am not saying the Attitude Era is returning.. that will never happen.. but a new openness is settling over the WWE.

The one thing that I would love to know is.. if it is moving to Thursdays again, will it be live?

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
5 years later and they still can't get the updated SmackDown logo.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
If that is a new promotion, why would the Uso's be featured?
It does look fake to me, but I see no reason WWE would Smackdown to a new night at this point.
If this were true, there would have to be a selling point.
Nothing out of the ordinary is happening on the show that leads me to believe they are preparign for something big to happen

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Same shit different toilet. Nothing's gonna change except it's gonna be a day earlier.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Changing a night won't hurt them as much as changing channels. They went from UPN to CW to MyNetwork to Syfy (Last three have been all in the past 6 years). The show's haven't changed but rather deteriorated every time they move.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Changing a night won't hurt them as much as changing channels. They went from UPN to CW to MyNetwork to Syfy (Last three have been all in the past 6 years). The show's haven't changed but rather deteriorated every time they move.
I don't believe Vince would sign off on the night change without some sort of proper promotional package.
Featuring the Uso's on a production truck isn't good business. Bringing Daniel Bryan in in some capacity would be better.
The name of the show would have to change. The guide on your remote lists the program as "WWE Friday Night Smackdown".
A promotional package would be in order, though I do agree network/channel changes are for more serious business.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
^ Disagree. Friday Nights are for people to go out and enjoy themselves. Not watch Smackdown! :eww:

Also, what about NXT?

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
^ Disagree. Friday Nights are for people to go out and enjoy themselves. Not watch Smackdown! :eww:

Also, what about NXT?
You are correct, I'm only pointing out that it isn't as simple as putting the Uso's on a production truck and moving "WWE Friday Night Smackdown" to Thursday.
Of course, this move isn't unprecedented but it is still a name change. WWE promotes all the time. They know better than to put the Uso's on a production truck.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
You can pirate the trash on thursdays already.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Suppose it could help slightly as ppl note Friday a lot of ppl are out but who knows. My concern is what happens to NXT the best show of the week?