Smackdown missing one key element...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

Well, Mike brought up the fact that RAW is missing main event heels. HOWEVER, Smackdown is missing something even more important..A MAIN EVENT FACE!
Alright, they've got Taker, but we all know he's not around consistantly enough to be considered a main event face.
They aquired CM Punk... nowhere near big enough to carry a show yet.
Who does this leave Edge to feud with? Unless a return of Y2J is right around the corner I really think Smackdown's main event could be in serious trouble until a major face comes foward.
Right now Jeff is the only possibility on the show.

PeepShow

I'm predicting Edge will turn face after losing to Cena tbh. Seems far-fetched, but with Vickie, Chavo, and Show on Raw, and given how stale Edge has been for the longest time, I wouldn't be surprised. Not to mention it'd actually be a good idea. WHAT A NOVEL CONCEPT.

MikeRaw

Well, the way I see it, they have it, in CM Punk. I know yoyu said he can't carry a show, and while that's definately true, I don't think he'll have to. I think Edge and Jericho and Taker are good enough to carry the show, and Punk can be the main face, without being the main guy.

noumenon

I had suggested an Edge face turn as well. But how would he turn face? Because he's sad he lost Vicky? By spearing Vicky? By appologizing to the fans? I really don't think there is an effective enough way to turn him face right now.
Smackdown just seems fuckin empty right now...

PeepShow

They could do it any of those ways. But yeah, coming out and not nessisarly appologizing, but saying he's done with his old ways and he needs to get back on track with his life and needs support from his Edgeheads or something. Wouldn't be too hard.

Smackdown just seems fuckin empty right now...

:confused:

noumenon

I think a feud with Jericho would be the way to spark it. Jericho coming out and calling him a farce..a disgrace to the belt (assuming he's gonna win at Backlash)...saying he's a broken man, he's nothing without Vicky...you know...Jericho stuff..lol.

Ghostbusters420

Reaction score
Im hoping CM Punk finally proves himself now that hes got the chance. I would have rather had him turn heel but I think hes got what it takes to be top face on smackdown and put on a good show,you know some ROH type shit.

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
I think they'll build Punk and Jeff into the two top faces. One of the big things about this draft was to make SD the developmental show. So yeah, it might suck a bit at first (even though I'm a big fan of both of them), but in a few months time who knows? They'd never get the chance on Raw, lets see if they have what it takes on SD.

noumenon

It would seem that they've for the most part trimmed the fat over on Smackdown. I'de definately expect a few releases in the coming week or so. Maybe Hawkins, Jesse and hopefully Wang Yang.
The roster is honestly spread pretty thin over on Smackdown right now and it really seems like it's going to take at least half a year to build up much interest in the show.

Airfixx

^^^Assuming a title comes to SD after Backlash, holding a #1 contender 4-way elimination match at said PPV should kick things off nicely... A no nonsense way to set up the next main event whilst laying the foundations for fueds amongst the 4/5 guys....

e.g.

Backlash:
*Edge v Cena (c) - Edge wins.

SD the following Friday:
*Jeff v Punk v Jericho v Morrison - Jeff & Morrison get counted out fighting outside, Punk eliminates Jericho to be come #1 contender.

Judgement Day:
*Edge (c) v Punk - Jericho interferes in revenge for punk eliminating him on SD, costing Punk the win and begin their own fued (maybe MITB is put on the line?)
*Jeff v Morrison - Grudge match... "You cost me the title blah blah"
Jeff wins becoming challenger and has a title match at ONS.

One Night Stand:
*Edge (c) v Jeff (Ladder Match)
*Jericho v Punk (Street Fight)

Like i said, only an example, but come JDay there's no reason why SD can't be off and running.

plachi

Banned
Reaction score
I don't see why CM Punk would be in a number 1 contenders match when he already has a guaranteed title shot. Seems a bit contradictory to me. Nice set of feuds though regardless.

Airfixx

^^^I see your point, but:

1. It was more about the booking than wrestler a or b.

2. I would still enter if I was him... That case can just serve as an insurance policy if you're smart enough (kayfaybe). For arguments sake tho', replace Punk with Taker and use the Jericho attack as the catalyst of a Taker/Jericho fued and run that from ONS > SSlam.

3. It WAS "only an example". ;o]

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
For some odd reason, something is stirring deep in my gut implying to me that Cena will not lose his belt and be traded over to Smackdown so Vickie can get rid of one problem, and Teddy can acquire a championship superstar he's familiar with...

noumenon

You suggesting a last minute trade?

In that case, who does Smackdown possibly have right now who could be traded in exchange for Cena......with a title. Asides from Undetaker, and we all know he isn't going anywhere.