Smackdown is going live

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
TBH these news has made my day..I don't know how they are going to handle it with the current lacking roster but I'm really excited nonetheless..
It's obvious that they are planning to put RAW & SmackDown side by side and no longer belittle SD, the reports are saying that this will be a complete split and each brand will have its own EXCLUSIVE roster!
I expect that this decision was driven by the fact that Shane is back, and now this will probably be the start of SD (Shane) VS RAW (Authority) era or something like that..
They will definitely bring back or make a new world title, I just pray to God they won't screw this because this has a lot of potential in my eyes.

Last edited:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
John Cena and Sahsa Banks are on the SmackDown brand split banner. Hopefully we get Cena back on SmackDown.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
You have a point. But I'm just saying test the waters for the tv 14 see if viewership increases. Just a thought. Plus a little competition between the 2
TV-14 is not returning for any of the shows that are made for TV. Because the sponsors WWE wants won't sign off on a TV-14 product.

I've said it a million times and it is probably the hill I am going to die on. But making something TV-14 does not equal better product.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Awesome news. Smackdown going live is one of the main things that show needed to do! I'm hoping for a cruiserweight division too, maybe too much but still :p there's hope with the cruiserweight classic or whatever its called going on!

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Ok regardless of the rating, they just better not screw it up lol.
The funny thing though is on fb posts there's already so many people arguing about which brand was better in the original split...the rivalry begun already lol

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Some of the best feuds in 02-04 and maybe early 05 on smackdown. The star power was incredible. I was a smackdown kid back then. Rewatching old events and episodes from then is so fun. Angle vs Lesnar. Taker vs show. The smackdown six. Fuckin incredible memories lol

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
So according to Meltzer, Reigns will be the main focus of RAW and Cena will be the main focus of Smackdown. Meaning that a Cena will be on both shows.

:kappa:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
SmackDown was the all round better show, until around 2010/2011, when WWE made it a recap show and started phasing out the brand split.

SmackDown had the better roster, tighter knit group of guys, better storylines and more epic moments. When you look at RAW in the early brand split years, nothing comes to mind as memorable. Brock Lesnar was made a star, John Cena was made a star on SmackDown, Batista was solidified on SmackDown. I loved SmackDown, but it had become so unbearable in recent years.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
SmackDown was the all round better show, until around 2010/2011, when WWE made it a recap show and started phasing out the brand split.

SmackDown had the better roster, tighter knit group of guys, better storylines and more epic moments. When you look at RAW in the early brand split years, nothing comes to mind as memorable. Brock Lesnar was made a star, John Cena was made a star on SmackDown, Batista was solidified on SmackDown. I loved SmackDown, but it had become so unbearable in recent years.
Yeah, RAW was basically the Tripe H show in the early brand extension years and Smackdown had all the excitement.

Reactions: Gman003

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler