Smackdown is going live

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I do agree. But man, the Big Gold is just so pretty.

I have to agree with both points. That old-fashioned title belt is my favorite of all time. It has such a classic look.

Personally, I think having separate "world championships" for each brand is a good thing. They just have to avoid getting bogged down in one of them being the "real world championship" and the other being treated as "the world championship that we call a world championship for that other show so that it has a world championship", which is what the World Heavyweight Championship became.

Damn....that's a confusing sentence.

And, Stop...I know you're from Sweden. Jeez, dude! It was a joke! :bayley:

wk

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I'd rather see a international championship or similar be brought in. Or something other new, new title for a new era and such

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I'd rather see a international championship or similar be brought in. Or something other new, new title for a new era and such

Like I say, I can see your point entirely. I'm just a huge fan of that strap.

Having said that, I don't think it would be feasible to bring it back and have it mean anything because the fans are conditioned at this point to see it as a secondary championship. I mean, it was the main event of Wrestlemania XX (when HBK and Trips wrestled some dude for it), but it became the title that they gave to guys so they could market them as world champions without putting the big title on them. At this point, that Big Gold Belt wouldn't be capable of carrying a serious level of prestige.

If they're going to have separate primary titles (and keep the IC and US Titles secondary), it's going to have to be, as you suggest, a "WWE International Championship" or something along those lines.

wk

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
Smackdown has always been based thank God its going independent again. At the very least it will be a show not dedicated to thick juicy Samoan cock.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
This is great news because Smackdown will be live, but championships are questionable and it's unclear if this means Raw will return to a 2 hour format since this means Smackdown quality will increase. Now we can have Tuesday LDs!!!!

Last edited:

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Does anyone know what's the point of the Cruiserweight Classics thing? I think if they had a cruiserweight title on Smackdown to hype the premiere it might get some eyes.

Also, I like the Gold belt personally, but I'd rather have the IC Title be the top title on SmackDown.

RAW - WWE Champion
- US Champion
- Womens Champion

SmackDown - IC Champion
- Cruiserweight

Neutral - Tag-Team Championship

Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to a new major title, but ehn.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
inb4 WWE 2K17 is SmackDown Vs RAW 2K17
Also, can expect a good Survivor Series now. (I think)

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
So I was browsing comments on a Facebook post and saw a few people mention a brand split (which has been talked about alot recently) so I was like yeah they need that. ....so I Google and low and behold, here we are. A fucking brand split! Finally!
My guess is since smackdown was created around the rock, roman will be the top guy there. And cena will stay on raw.

I'm so hype about this. Since I rejoined last March I couldn't understand why they ended it.

This really makes survivor series look way fucking better. I'm really hoping I can find decently priced tickets when they go on sale.

Reactions: Emo

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Great news, I might actually watch these shows live again and not fast forward through the DVR..

Now, they need to bring back the Hardcore Championship and the 24hr rule for it. I mean they've been hinting more and more at heading back toward TV-14, barbed wire bat and 2x4s, thumbtacks, an adult cartoon show on the network, the E&C show was TV-14. Just bring it all back already!

Oh, and I nominate Dean Ambrose as the 1st Hardcore Champion of the New Era!

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
Maybe they should do an experiment first. Make one tv 14 and the other stays pg. See what gets better ratings

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Maybe they should do an experiment first. Make one tv 14 and the other stays pg. See what gets better ratings
WWE is already one of the most watched things in the 18-49 demographic. Upping the rating isn't going to do much

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
You have a point. But I'm just saying test the waters for the tv 14 see if viewership increases. Just a thought. Plus a little competition between the 2

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
I just wanna know which one will be the Kevin Owens show. Because if he's not a top guy on either brand it's all pointless.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Can't bother to see if this has been posted, but yeah it's basically set that WWE will be holding a draft soon.
A SmackDown shakeup is about to completely reshape all of WWE. Beginning July 19, the second longest-running weekly episodic program in television history, SmackDown, will move from Thursday to Tuesday nights and air LIVE each and every week — for the first time ever — at 8/7 C on USA Network, the exclusive cable home to WWE’s marquee properties.

This bold move will have major ramifications for all of WWE and exemplify the New Era, as both Raw and SmackDown will each feature their own unique rosters and rivalries following an imminent Superstar draft.

"WWE's flagship programs will both leverage the incredible depth of our talent roster, distinct storylines and the unpredictable nature of live TV," WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon said. “This move will undoubtedly build more excitement and deepen engagement with our fans around the world.”

With so many explosive competitors emerging from WWE NXT, and top Superstars like John Cena and Seth Rollins returning from injury, WWE’s star-powered roster has never been stronger. Its historic division and the monumental revelation of SmackDown’s shift to a live format each week reflect the excitement and unpredictability of WWE’s New Era.

What awaits SmackDown on its new night, starting this July? Which live shows will claim your favorite Superstars? What will this all mean for the future of sports-entertainment? Stay tuned as WWE prepares to get shaken up like never before.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I'm probably the only wrestling fan who doesn't think the Big gold belt is the prettiest belt in existence
Not the only one. The big gold for the most part was a bent out of shape, blurry mess. It had a prestigious look, but for the most part was kind of suckish.

Anywho, I'm pretty pumped up for a live SmackDown. It was unbearable with the canned crowd and awkward cuts. I'm gonna love being a Blue mark again.