Smackdown 12/5/14 Results

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

u_cant_c_me

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
* Dark match: Natalya defeat Paige. Paige tapped out to the Sharpshooter after a good back & forth match.
was a good match but kinda wanted Paige to win

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Yeah, I was actually surprised that it wasn't so much shittier than RAW. In fact, it wasn't shittier than RAW, even though I expected it to be. This episode of SmackDown was actually watchable all the way through (except with the divas division which I can't be arsed enough to watch anymore), and the usual BS was kept to a minimum.

I have to agree. I think Smackdown has the advantage of only being two hours so they don't have to stretch things out as long as possible. Even when RAW is a really good show, there is a huge lull in the middle where I find myself sort of phasing out. It's not that a three hour show is a bad idea, I can watch wrestling all day. But a three hour show is bad when you don't have three hours worth of material to keep it interesting.

Lately, Smackdown has had a few good matches and has been a little easier to watch than it has been in the past. I mean, it's still Smackdown and sometimes seems to be pointless since the end of the brand extension, but it hasn't been too bad lately.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I have to agree. I think Smackdown has the advantage of only being two hours so they don't have to stretch things out as long as possible. Even when RAW is a really good show, there is a huge lull in the middle where I find myself sort of phasing out. It's not that a three hour show is a bad idea, I can watch wrestling all day. But a three hour show is bad when you don't have three hours worth of material to keep it interesting.

Lately, Smackdown has had a few good matches and has been a little easier to watch than it has been in the past. I mean, it's still Smackdown and sometimes seems to be pointless since the end of the brand extension, but it hasn't been too bad lately.

SmackDown hasn't been too good lately, but it hasn't been like 'I'm not gonna watch this show anymore' either. Sure, there's a crappy episode here and there, but that's reasonable, considering their flagship show has crappy episodes, as well. And there's that brand extension stuff, so... It's kinda reasonable that SmackDown is the way it is.

A three hour show is a good idea, yeah... But it doesn't have that urgency factor, ya know? It doesn't have that 'I can't wait to see what they're gonna do next' thing. That's why we end up skipping so much stuff. And it's all because of Vince's yes-men, nobody stands up to him. If the Empire was lead by Shane/Steph/HHH, I think we'd be in a much better era of pro-wrestling (Oh, I'm sorry, Vince, sports entertainment) than we are now. Not saying it totally sucks now, but I think it'd be better.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I used to really love NXT, but the shows haven't been as great now

Raw is the main show, but it's 3 fucking hours so there's a lot of filler.

SmackDown is amazing for me because it's 2 hours, which makes it enjoyable and not too long like Raw. Not only that, but the last couple of weeks, the SmackDown shows are really improved and they're much better than they used to be 2/3 months ago.
A great wrestling show for me is one hour. ECW was only one hour, flew by and hit each point flawlessly.
NXT's still better than RAW, imo. And it's getting better each week.

Oh man, there's an avalanche of filler on RAW, indeed. That's reasonable, considering they have to put out 3 hours every week. But it should be a must not miss show, nonetheless.

SmackDown just doesn't do it for me. Sorry, bro. I don't remember watching an overall good SD episode. There are usually 3-4 things (at best) to look forward to. Ambrose/Wyatt feud, Damien Mizdow being an entertaining goofball and now the arrival of the New Day and Ziggler/Rollins/Harper matches from time to time. Everything else is pretty much a yawn fest. When it should be a must see TV, just like RAW.
Smackdown, the 15th anniversary was tight as f*ck. It may not count, but the basic elements of that particular show don't have to be dropped suddenly. (That's a lie actually)
Back in the early 2000's when people were breaking their headstems left and right WWE decided to cut back on the very nature of high risk moves.
It's the main reason the Summerslam match between Lesnar and Cena in 2014 was so extreme. Matches like that are brutal on those stack of dimes you call a neck.
Smackdown is devoid of interesting storyline progression, is predictable and the quality of wrestling is largely vanilla with similar to drinking a gallon of water.

Why anyone would watch SD, in reality, is beyond me. Fandom and force of habit are factors, but I believe the Universe are knuckle dragging idiots.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Smackdown, the 15th anniversary was tight as f*ck. It may not count, but the basic elements of that particular show don't have to be dropped suddenly. (That's a lie actually)
Back in the early 2000's when people were breaking their headstems left and right WWE decided to cut back on the very nature of high risk moves.
It's the main reason the Summerslam match between Lesnar and Cena in 2014 was so extreme. Matches like that are brutal on those stack of dimes you call a neck.
Smackdown is devoid of interesting storyline progression, is predictable and the quality of wrestling is largely vanilla with similar to drinking a gallon of water.

Why anyone would watch SD, in reality, is beyond me. Fandom and force of habit are factors, but I believe the Universe are knuckle dragging idiots.

You're right on point here, and I effin' love the way you express yourself. You have a way with words, bro.

Yeah, the 15th anniversary of SD was a good show, I'll give 'em that. But it's a shame, 'cause these good episodes don't come around so often... When it really should have that urgency factor, it should be a must-see TV every week. But, I guess it's too much to ask of 'em nowadays.

Also, sometimes they tend to produce a better Main Event episode than they do on SmackDown. Screw the WWE Network and pull the plug on ME, Superstars and crap like that. Focus and invest in SmackDown, FFS. Nowadays, it's just so corny. You pretty much explained it why others and I are still watching it. "Fandom and force of habit are factors." Hell yeah, they are.