Smackdown 10/10/14 results

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Ziggler vs Rusev was a very entertaining match.

HHH/Rock segment was fun.. and that tease.. Rock vs HHH at WM31? Hmmm...

15 man tag up now..

This has actually been a pretty good show tonight.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Gonna give this episode a 7/10... the 15th anniversary show had some good segments and some good matches as well.

Ziggler/Rusev was really good... AJ Lee vs Alicia Fox was forgettable.. the Kane/Adam Rose segment was forgettable and unnecessary, the flashbacks were fun to watch.. the HHH/Rock segment was very good.. the 15 man tag had it's moments, it was great to hear Booker on commentary again... Miz TV with Cena and Ambrose was very good as well.

Well put together.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
It was a really good show. Big Johnny and Teddy was a fun match, and brought back some good memories from WrestleMania 28.

7/10.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Ziggler vs Rusev was a very entertaining match.

HHH/Rock segment was fun.. and that tease.. Rock vs HHH at WM31? Hmmm...

15 man tag up now..

This has actually been a pretty good show tonight.
Rock/HHH >>> Any Mania main event in the past 15 years for me (and this includes the stale bread Rock/Austin from WM 17)
Unfortunately, the Rock hasn't been seen in over 10 years. I see a facsimile, but nothing resembling the Brahma Bull.
Nevertheless, Rock/HHH in 2015 would be better than anything a babyface John Cena would pull off.

What I'd really enjoy, actually, is Rock circa 98-99 or maybe 2003. Babyface Rock makes me want to puke for the most part.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Rock/HHH >>> Any Mania main event in the past 15 years for me (and this includes the stale bread Rock/Austin from WM 17)
Unfortunately, the Rock hasn't been seen in over 10 years. I see a facsimile, but nothing resembling the Brahma Bull.
Nevertheless, Rock/HHH in 2015 would be better than anything a babyface John Cena would pull off.

What I'd really enjoy, actually, is Rock circa 98-99 or maybe 2003. Babyface Rock makes me want to puke for the most part.

I really think both Rock and HHH did well in this one.. had an old school feel to it..

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I really think both Rock and HHH did well in this one.. had an old school feel to it..

You're absolutely right. That's the best segment I've seen on WWE television in a very long time, maybe ever.
For me, I dig when you have two or three performers (including Steph) who are comfortable talking and don't feel or look out of place.
Rock/HHH beats any match up for me, outside of CM Punk v Stone Cold (and maybe not even that).

Both Rock and HHH are 'above' the business and don't have to play by the standard rules. They may not 'main event' but the build would crush anything else going on.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Absolutely enjoyed that HHH/Rock segment. I assume it was prolly the best thing on SmackDown. I'll watch it later today, though. Not expecting anything too mind blowing.

Man, those two are so larger than life characters. I'd love it if they went at it one more time.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Absolutely enjoyed that HHH/Rock segment. I assume it was prolly the best thing on SmackDown. I'll watch it later today, though. Not expecting anything too mind blowing.

Man, those two are so larger than life characters. I'd love it if they went at it one more time.
The only downside to this matchup is that HHH is a very physical performer and Dwayne Johnson and the Rock are physically incomparable.
I enjoyed Rock/Austin matches where Rock was the heel.

HHH is the only worker who brought true nastiness from babyface Rock in my opinion.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Sheet, glad to hear it was an enjoyable SmackDown, got a lot of cleaning to do tomorrow so I'll have it on in the background.

Reactions: Red Rain

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The only downside to this matchup is that HHH is a very physical performer and Dwayne Johnson and the Rock are physically incomparable.
I enjoyed Rock/Austin matches where Rock was the heel.

HHH is the only worker who brought true nastiness from babyface Rock in my opinion.

I'm positive the match could work out... HHH is one of those guys that can work with pretty much anybody and bring out the best in them... (Just like Kurt Angle)
Rocky can still go, even though he hasn't been performing constantly like Hunter has for more than a decade... Yes, HHH is a very physical performer, but if they wanna go at it one more time... They could work it out and they will (because Rock + HHH = Money), or at least I'd like to think so. They're one of the biggest legends in the business.

Oh yeah, I also enjoyed Rock/Austin matches with Rocky as a heel. In this case, it wouldn't matter who the heel/face would be, one thing's for certain... The match would rock all the way, nastiness included... (what you've mentioned in your last sentence).

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Just watched it. It was pretty good, actually... And a little bit entertaining, something that it hasn't been in a very long time. If only SmackDown could be this good every week. 7/10

Positives:
- Off to a good start with Steph, Big Johnny and Teddy Long. I've pretty much marked out just like JBL did when Teddy's music hit. lol
- Thank you, Kane... For being a party pooper. Genuinely can't stand Rose and the gang.
- Rollins squashing Kofi. Literally.
- Rusev vs Ziggler was a decent match. Now, I don't like Rusev, however I do like Lana... But, that Accolade that Rusev locked onto Ziggler was the best one, by far... All because of the master salesman Dolph Ziggler.
- Rock/HHH segment was gold. Absolutely enjoyed that one!
- 15 Man Tag Team match was fun-tastic... Well, the closing moments of it.
- MizTV was alright. Ambrose fucking killed it on the mic. Dude's pure gold and man, that Double Arm DDT is awesome. Oh and btw... FUCK YOU CENA!

Negatives + 'I don't give a fuck about this' segment:
- The Divas division crap

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I heard it was announced that Cena/Ambrose will be a pole match. Not sure there's any smiley that accurately portrays my level of disdain for this, but this one is close enough :eww:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I heard it was announced that Cena/Ambrose will be a pole match. Not sure there's any smiley that accurately portrays my level of disdain for this, but this one is close enough :eww:

Yeah, it's a pole match. 'cause Vince doesn't wanna swallow the pill of Cena putting someone over clean. He also doesn't wanna accept the fact that Ambrose > Cena (all the way, in every way), So, I say Ambrose wins this and Cena's loss won't basically count, 'cause it wasn't by a pinfall or submission. lol

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Yeah, it's a pole match. 'cause Vince doesn't wanna swallow the pill of Cena putting someone over clean. He also doesn't wanna accept the fact that Ambrose > Cena (all the way, in every way), So, I say Ambrose wins this and Cena's loss won't basically count, 'cause it wasn't by a pinfall or submission. lol
Yes, exactly. Which also makes the action much worse, because, you know. It's also stupid; every pole match is stupid. So what was going to be a positive, well, not necessarily it's going to suck but it's not gonna be that great either.