Simpsons Movie Follow-up is Far, Far Away

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
hollywoodreporter said:
Fans of The Simpsons will have to wait a long time for a sequel to the 2007 theatrical movie, according to series creator Matt Groening.

Despite its $500 million gross and the enduring popularity of the Fox series, a movie follow-up isn't a priority.

"It took us four years [to make] and it killed us," Groening said Saturday at UCLA's annual entertainment symposium, where he sat for a keynote Q&A with longtime Simpsons producer-director David Silverman.

The movie "stole animators from the show," Groening said, and drained other resources.

"Maybe another 10, 15 years" Silverman added.

I am actually happy about this as I was really disappointed with the first movie. Spider pig was funny but the majority of it was pretty boring and a real let down. It makes more sense for them to attempt another movie when The Simpsons finally stops producing new episodes. That way the demand will be there for new material and it frees up the writers and animators to solely work on the movie.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Agreed. I still cant believe they bothered to make a Simpsons movie and NOT have Mr Burns as the main villain.

Franco

Reaction score
The first movie felt like a really long episode, nothing that would you make go wow in comparison to what you get to see on TV weekly.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
The first time I watched that movie I fell asleep on my couch. It just seemed like a normal 30-minute episode that was dragged out to death for an hour and a half. I'm positive you could chop out 1/3 of the crap that was in that movie and actually air the important parts as a regular episode and it would be just as good.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I actually must be one of the few that actually liked the movie. I also pretty much like anything Simpsons though so my opinion may not count for much.

If they ever do decide to do a new movie the only thing I would ask them to do differently would be to make it a much more epic story. I'd love for the next movie (if it does happen) to be the last chapter in the Bart/Sideshow Bob story. I think that would make for a great movie. Who doesn't love Sideshow Bob?