Silver Linings Playbook

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
Silver_Linings_Playbook_Poster.jpg

Silver Linings Playbook is a romantic comedy-drama film directed by David O. Russell,[SUP][5][/SUP] from a screenplay by Russell, adapted from the novel of the same name by Matthew Quick. The film stars Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence, with Robert De Niro, Jacki Weaver,Anupam Kher, Julia Stiles and Chris Tucker in supporting roles.

So I went out to see this movie today with a couple of friends, since it was my day off and I saw how this film had gotten eight nominations in all the major acting categories. Spur of the moment decision to see this movie, and I was curious as to what kind of movie it would be as I did not see any trailers of the sort.

It was fantastic. There's no other way to describe what kind of movie it was. I was so surprised, so pleasantly thrilled at everything going on at once... at the end of the film, I was sad that it was over. The movie was a complete film. It was a serious film that attacked the issues of mental illness, it was a comedic film that made the audience laugh at a lot of parts. It was romantic at it's heart, with the main plot being between Cooper and Lawrence.

The acting in this movie was superb. Jennifer Lawrence is gorgeous and she looked incredible throughout the entire film. Bradley Cooper portrayed Patrick so well, in all his mannerisms... the way he walked and talked, it was perfect. Robert Deniro and Chris Tucker were a joy to watch when they were on screen as well.

If you are hesitant to see this film, as I know a lot of the forum will scoff at the idea of seeing a romantic comedy, seeing the immaturity I witness when I lurk around on a daily basis, I give you this:

tumblr_mdg6bapSfP1qbnazvo3_250.gif

She's sexy as fuck.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well I don't think it is a romantic comedy, but like you suggested a powerful and very engaging look at mental illness.

The central relationship is very believable and the acting very good. Lawrence just gets better and better. What impressed me was how a film with such a subject matter managed to be entertaining and by the end truly up lifting.

Think it has a chance of winning a few Oscars, Lawrence is likely to win, but also De Niro maybe a dark horse and I can see it getting Adapted screenplay.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
Jennifer Lawrence was the biggest surprise of this film, it was a very emotional film through and through. I was captured in a trance watching this movie, all the acting was truly fantastic. I do hope it wins a few awards!

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Jennifer Lawrence was the biggest surprise of this film, it was a very emotional film through and through. I was captured in a trance watching this movie, all the acting was truly fantastic. I do hope it wins a few awards!

I thought Cooper was a slight weak link, but because his character was so well written he got away with it.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Wow, two Academy award nominations at that age.

Not to hijack the thread, but I loved Winter's Bone, that was an amazing film. I'm always more excited at the prospect of seeing dramatic/serious films, but I'll watch this at some point.

EDIT: Ebert described it as being similar to an "Old classic."

Last edited:

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I've seen some trailers, and I will admit I have a HUGE crush on Jennifer Lawrence. I like all the actors named in this film, it's especially great to see Chris Tucker back in action. I may check this out.

Aniking

Reaction score
The only reason I'd watch this movie is for Jennifer Lawrence. From the day I saw The Hunger Games, I've also had a massive crush on her. There's something about her that makes her so sexy, so I definitely love the GIF you posted Jay. Thanks for that :p

I've seen the trailer and it doesn't seem like that bad of a movie. She might be the main reason I see it, but put that aside and I'd still go. Seems like it has an interesting story.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I've seen some trailers, and I will admit I have a HUGE crush on Jennifer Lawrence. I like all the actors named in this film, it's especially great to see Chris Tucker back in action. I may check this out.

Yeah a odd bit of casting that but he is actually pretty good, De Niro also gives his best performance in a very long time too.

Am with you NRGU on Winter's Bone, thought it was an impressive gothic piece of cinema with a well judged performance from Lawerence, such a tough part for someone of her age to pull off, but she was great. Its still early days, but so far she has not put a foot wrong and is odds on to win the Oscar for this film and I have no problem if she does.