Should we address the big CM Elephant in the room?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
The lawsuits have settled between the WWE doctors and Mr. Brooks.

Mike Johnson at PWInsider reports that Punk was at Fox Studios earlier this week to discuss a role as on-air talent for the upcoming FS1 studio show "Backstage." While there's no confirmation Punk has signed a deal to take part in the show, the report does state he participated in on-camera tests with lead host Renee Young in attendance.

Triple H has addressed everything:

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
meh. I've been able to enjoy wrestling without Punk. I am seriously burnt out on the "Is Punk returning to WWE/wrestling?" speculation so I have just switched off to it

Either he is on my screen in the ring or he isn't. Otherwise I would rather not give the speculation talk oxygen

Reactions: DualShock and Doxo

DualShock

Jobber
Reaction score
His UFC "career" killed his momentum for good.

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
And all the CM Punk disciples will rejoice...

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
If Punk returns to WWE I will lose any respect I have left for him. It will show that everything he has said for the past five years has been nothing but bullshit. After Ric Flair and Roddy Piper, Punk is my third favorite wrestler of all time. Yeah, I know he is a prick. But I don't care. He is a prick from the greatest city in the world. I am sorry that people who have never been to Chicago understand why it is great.

DualShock

Jobber
Reaction score
If Punk returns to WWE I will lose any respect I have left for him. It will show that everything he has said for the past five years has been nothing but bullshit. After Ric Flair and Roddy Piper, Punk is my third favorite wrestler of all time. Yeah, I know he is a prick. But I don't care. He is a prick from the greatest city in the world. I am sorry that people who have never been to Chicago understand why it is great.
I don't know why some people think Punk is someone with integrity and should be respected for that. Punk, just many other wrestlers was unhappy with some things in the business (just like many of us are unhappy with some things at work) but unlike many wrestlers who without wrestling have nothing left Punk had a plan B and that plan B was UFC therefore he could afford to say some things other wrestler's couldn't.

Not only that, Punk was so confident that UFC will become a big part in his life, not only did he say some things others couldn't, he gave a big middle finger and a fuck you to some important people in WWE. Since his plan B has backfired he has only pro wrestling left now and he will be back. Nothing wrong with that and not a reason to blame Punk

Last edited:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Not only that, Punk was so confident that UFC will become a big part in his life, not only did he say some things others couldn't, he gave a big middle finger and a fuck you to some important people in WWE. Since his plan B has backfired he has only pro wrestling left now and he will be back. Nothing wrong with that and not a reason to blame Punk

Punk was in a weird position. He wanted to be WWE's top guy and they wouldn't allow for it. Not only that, but the way they handled medical issues back then was a bit of an issue. He got sick of the treatment and left. Let's not forget Vince and people at WWE are very petty as well. Didn't they officially fire him on the day of his wedding? Something like that I remember.

He is returning as a host I think, I don't think he will be in the ring like before.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I don't know why some people think Punk is someone with integrity and should be respected for that. Punk, just many other wrestlers was unhappy with some things in the business (just like many of us are unhappy with some things at work) but unlike many wrestlers who without wrestling have nothing left Punk had a plan B and that plan B was UFC therefore he could afford to say some things other wrestler's couldn't.

Because I actually believe he does have integrity and I don't care if you know or believe it, because honestly, your opinion about Punk means nothing to me. And this isn't me being mean to you, this really applies to everyone. My opinion of Punk is based off my experiences of him and that's not something you or anyone else has the ability to change.

Punk did not leave WWE with the intention of joining the UFC. They were completely separate things. He had made it quite clear that he was simply done with WWE and hated working there. He wasn't talking to UFC during that period and he simply played hockey video games for months. He took it easy.

Punk is not a moron. He knew he was not going to be successful in MMA but it was something he wanted to try.

Punk has no need to go back to WWE. He has a net worth of 8 million dollars, he doesn't NEED to come back to WWE or anywhere. Furthermore, MMA is still a big part of his life since he is a commentator for Cage Fury Fighting Championships. AEW, NJPW and plenty of others would scoop him up in an instant. So if he comes back to wrestling, I said I would lose respect for him going back to WWE since WWE was responsible for making him hate wrestling. It was a gut reaction, actually, and I'll get over it. I just would rather see him somewhere else.

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Look at what Punk did and look at what Cody did.

I love Punk as a performer but I just feel like he isn't worth the hype given his attitude out of kayfabe.

Reactions: DualShock

DualShock

Jobber
Reaction score
Punk was in a weird position. He wanted to be WWE's top guy and they wouldn't allow for it. Not only that, but the way they handled medical issues back then was a bit of an issue. He got sick of the treatment and left. Let's not forget Vince and people at WWE are very petty as well. Didn't they officially fire him on the day of his wedding? Something like that I remember.

He is returning as a host I think, I don't think he will be in the ring like before.
Yes he was but UFC made his decision a lot easier. You are right about him being fired on the day of his wedding but 5 years have passed since then. Wrestlers have returned where worse things have happened between them and WWE. Vince McMahon is known to bring almost anybody back if that makes him money and I believe Triple H will do business the same way.

Because I actually believe he does have integrity and I don't care if you know or believe it, because honestly, your opinion about Punk means nothing to me. And this isn't me being mean to you, this really applies to everyone. My opinion of Punk is based off my experiences of him and that's not something you or anyone else has the ability to change.

Punk did not leave WWE with the intention of joining the UFC. They were completely separate things. He had made it quite clear that he was simply done with WWE and hated working there. He wasn't talking to UFC during that period and he simply played hockey video games for months. He took it easy.

Punk is not a moron. He knew he was not going to be successful in MMA but it was something he wanted to try.

Punk has no need to go back to WWE. He has a net worth of 8 million dollars, he doesn't NEED to come back to WWE or anywhere. Furthermore, MMA is still a big part of his life since he is a commentator for Cage Fury Fighting Championships. AEW, NJPW and plenty of others would scoop him up in an instant. So if he comes back to wrestling, I said I would lose respect for him going back to WWE since WWE was responsible for making him hate wrestling. It was a gut reaction, actually, and I'll get over it. I just would rather see him somewhere else.
I think it's funny that after so many years you obviously still don't get it what's the purpose of an internet forum, it's just a place of different people posting their opinions. Nobody's trying here to convince anybody here what to think of a certain wrestler. I think nobody who is older than 14 would change his view on a certain person because of a few posts in a forum (except if someone posts facts with quotes and sources).
You care enough to read and reply to my post and there is nothing wrong with it, I do the same and everybody here should do the same with your and mine posts, nothing more, nothing less, that's what a forum is for.
Of course CM Punk has enough money and doesn't need WWE but maybe he wants WWE. The Rock, Cena, Lesnar, Taker and Goldberg also don't need WWE because they have enough money but they still come back.

Maybe Punk was officially not in negotiations with UFC but he was (even back then when he was still in WWE) friends with UFC stars, trained with them, was hanging around with Chael Sonnen, was upset that Brock Lesnar was allowed to have sponsors on his trunks but his request was denied (that would bring the UFC feeling). Punk was in touch with the UFC world long before he left WWE and played certainly with the idea to join UFC one day and him being unhappy in WWE made him try UFC sooner than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.