Should this teacher be fired? Think if it was your kid.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

scottcs88

Reaction score
WASHBURN, Mo. -- A mother is upset over over a classroom incident that left her kindergartner embarrassed. A 6-year-old girl had an accident in her classroom, and her parents are pushing for policy changes."They told me that the teacher had asked her to go to the restroom before testing time," said mother Lisa Skidmore.Skidmore says asking a young child to go to the bathroom on demand is next to impossible.

"You can't do that to a 6-year-old."
That's why, when her kindergartner told her teacher she had to go to the restroom during the test and wasn't allowed, Skidmore couldn't believe it. Her little girl couldn't hold it.

"They didn't even bother trying to clean her up or anything. She still had poop, diarrhea poop, coming out the back, up her front, down her legs," she said.

Skidmore says her daughter was forced to sit in the class for the remainder of test time, about 15 minutes, then mom was called after the test, and it was a 20-minute drive to school to pick up her daughter.

All the while, the little girl had to sit in the mess. No one bothered to clean her up, although a teacher did give her a trash bag to wrap around herself.

"You don't even treat a dog that way!" Skidmore said.

She says she's hoping policy will change, and common sense will prevail.

"I don't want this to happen to any other kid. That's the point of this: I don't want this ever happening."

School District Superintendent Bob Walker didn't want to go on camera, but said he wishes the school would've handled it differently.

"Bottom line, we regret what happened," Walker said.

He says, from here on out, he has instructed all his teachers to be more sensitive to other situations that might come up during testing like this one.

The little girl's dad has a tough time even talking about it.

"If any parent sent their kid to school with crappy pants, diarrhea-type crap, wrapped up in a garbage bag, stench badly, I believe with all my heart those parents would be facing criminal charges, I believe that with all my heart."

The family isn't pressing charges, but likely pressed hard enough for the school to consider changing its ways.

"If it's your child, I mean it hits a raw nerve, deep."

Many kids right now are taking Missouri Assessment Program (MAP) tests, the state standardized testing required by law. Those tests start in third grade, but the superintendent says the reason the teacher was sticking so closely to MAP testing guidelines, even for a kindergartner, is because she was trying to simulate the stringent rules to prepare students for what's to come.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Its just one of those "shit happens" where some horrible, random incident takes place and its not really anybody's fault.

I understand the parents being upset over the child's likely traumatic experience, but it seems to me that the teacher was upholding the school rules and doing her job in the way she believed she should have. She also did make sure to ask the kid if they needed the restroom beforehand and the girl refused.

The teacher didn't handle it perfectly, but I just can't really bring myself to point the finger at the teacher here.

If anything, I'm amazed this person was so level-headed about it (apparently up until the accident, anyway), having to put up with all those screaming, drooling little shits (I live down the road from a school and I can still fucking hear them almost throughout the day).

Then imagine asking one of your students before a 15 minute exam if they need to use the bathroom, they say no and yet go ahead and shit themselves anyway. Then you learn the parents are pissed at you for not cleaning her up or not having a spare change of clothes for a 6 year old girl on you.

Vivido

Reaction score
If a kid shits themselves you don't give them a trash bag and tell them to sit there untill the test is finished.

A vote for fired right here.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
This rule makes sense if it was in high school for example where they can obviously do better at controlling themselves but never thought the rule made sense when it came to young kids who grade school who obviously don't have as much control. Most fucked up part was just letting the kid shit there shit and all. Could have at least tried to help the kid after it went down.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I saw the name Skidmore... and laughed :p

But that is pretty messed up.

The_King

Reaction score
This story is sorta' hilarious.
I wouldn't fire the teacher personally. I remember there were plenty accidents like that in grammar school, but to be fair, the teachers would usually intervene after the kid sh*t/pissed. Clearly, she probably shouldn't have just stuck the kid in a garbage bag, even though it's hilarious. However, had she stopped the testing or let the kid leave, she'd probably catch flack from administrators. So, she's in a lose-lose.

On top of that, are you really going to fire a presumably qualified teacher for following instructions? Seems kinda' dumb, and I wouldn't want to deal with psycho, over-protective parents.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
The kid must have been a mess for a garbage bag and she probably called the Parents even before the testing.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Regardless of whether she should be or not (really haven't decided yet), she will be fired. And incident like this, especially if it's blown out of proportion (and it will be), will make the teacher look way worse than she probably should, so the school will fire to avoid any backlash and bad publicity.

scottcs88

Reaction score
Well only reason why the parents are mad and they should be, is because after the student shit themselves the teacher should of allow them to leaved to get clean up instead of putting a garbage bag on them and making them sit in their own shit for the rest of the test.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Fire her ass. Seriously. I hate teachers that are Nazi about people using the bathroom. Then whenever they want to use it during class time, it's okay. No, screw you. If we can't go, you can't go.

But yeah, I agree with the father. If they would have sent her to school like that, they'd be in major trouble, but it's okay for the school to send her back like that. Totally wrong. The school probably didn't even think anything of it until the parents started speaking up, Then they come up with the "Oh, we regret this" shit. No you don't. Schools don't regret anything until the worse happens, and the parents get mad.

Ryan

Reaction score
Honestly, the part about preparing students for what's to come is a crock of shit. If a 6 year old asks you to go to the bathroom, you have to let them go. Sure, you can try and introduce them to the idea of going when it's most appropriate, but we're talking about a child here, they'll learn that quickly enough. Standardized tests are strict, but it's not the end of the world if the student has to leave during the test to use the bathroom when they're only in kindergarten. I didn't even complete my entire standardized test in kindergarten because I was bored and felt I had done enough and I'm pretty sure I turned out alright. The fact is that you learn to take these things seriously later on in life. I'll be the first to tell you that, by and large, the American educational system needs to be put on life support because it's a joke, but we're talking about kindergarten here: not high school, not middle school, not even grammar school. Hell, you even get bathroom breaks during the AP exams in high school and before college, I never took a more heavily monitored test.

Also, I don't know about the rest of you, but sometimes I just get hit with having to go to the bathroom quite suddenly. It's not always a gradual process.