Short Match Writing Description

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

3lions

Reaction score
The division should be built around Helms, Paul london, Brian kendrick, Jimmy Wang and Jamie Noble. They are the most talented and deserving guys in the CW division (or of thoise that are CW's anyway). They all tore it up (except Helms) in ROH and put on a high quality of match each and every time they stepped in the ring. Noble/Wang would have a sensational feud, as would London/Kendrick if they were broken up. Those four alone would create a great division. Then you can add in Shannon Moore and Daivari occasionaly and you're all set.

I have to admit though, I don't want to see Chavo or Rey in the CW division. They should be in the US Division. That is the level which both men are at and should concentrate on that area of their carear.

Soulpower

^^Agreed. Noble is by the most underutilized wrestler in the WWE. I've seen his matches from ROH (particularly the one agianst Danielson) and he is someone who can wrestle pretty much any style that's needed. Yang should have gotten the CW title at Armageddon but for whatever reason the WWE decided not to pull the trigger on that. A London/Kendrick break up has been teased for a whilr but nothing's happened, if it does happen these are two guys who could make the CW division mean something....And please, let these two guys go 20 minutes against one another just once.

Daivari can wrestle and should help the division as long as he's used and Shannon Moore, well...he's Shannon Moore. I believe Helms should step up to the US title picture because he can have some great matches against Benoit, and with Mysterio once he comes back. Chavo on the other hand is someone who I think is better suited for the CW division.... I will say this, if the WWE wanted they could have a good cruiserweight division, but its something they have shown no desire to do...Helms year long title reign is all the proof you need.

Lashley

Reaction score
Rey is appearing on Smackdown! next week. I doubt it will be in a wrestling capacity, because I'm lead to believe he is still injured. Maybe his return will set up a future feud for his return?

I would like to see Rey in the US Championship division. He shouldn't be in the Main event, but is too good for the Cruiserweight Division. Benoit/Rey feud could be interesting (minus any Eddie stuff).

Agreed. I would like to see him back in the cruiser weight division for a little though.

taify

Reaction score
I really enjoy Cruiserweight Division but.. Rey there? No No!
He should be upper ..same for Chavo
London,Kendrick will do great for Cruiserweight Division for sure.. Yang Wang and Hurricane nice additions

kinganarchy13

Reaction score
not that Helms is out of the picture, i think they should move him up, have him challange for the US Title. or they could put him in a tag team with Kennedy.

as for Mania, i can see another Crusierweight Open, but i cant see it being a well hyped match

xtremebadass

I would like Cruiserweights a whole lot more if WWE actually pushed them onto weekly shows

Exxon

Reaction score
The cruisers are only a SMALL step above womens wrestlers. Completely useless and pointless on WWE TV.

X-Pac

Reaction score
Smackdown has a bunch of good Cruiserweights and I wish they would use them more often. Like they have Chavo, Scotty, Helms, Wang, and Jamie Noble. I wish we could see more of the cruiserweights.

Rell

Reaction score
I think WWE should get rid of all cruserweights a stick with the heavyweight division because they will never be able to compete with TNA in that style of wrestling. I watch TNA to see guys like AJ, Daniels, etc (cruiser's). I watch WWE to see guys like Edge, HHH, etc(Heaveyweights).

X-Pac

Reaction score
I watch TNA to see people like Scott Steiner, Christian, Angle, Nash, LAX, The Outlaws, Lynn, and alot of other people. I watch Raw for people like Nitro, Edge, Orton, Hardy, Triple H, and some other people. Now I watch Smackdown for Scotty, Chavo, MNM, Deuce N Domino, Finlay, the other cruisers.

small

Reaction score
Rey Mysterio & billy kidman are the best Crusierweight for me :]

Reaction score
the cw division, i lacking becuz the wwe doesn't put them in good "specialty" matches, and doesn't let them do most highflying moves. in most cw matches you're lucky if you see a moonsault, steering them away from being "cruisers". they need to eliminate the move restrictions, look at guys like paul london, he can do a perfect shooting star press everytime, yet because of guys liek billy kidman, he isn't allowed to. jack evans imo would be a great addition for the cruiserweight division to build it up as highflying again. as for rey, idk if he shoudl go for the cw title, or the US title, when he returns. with chavo having the cw championship right now, it looks liek rey will probably go their. but that is assuming he even stays on smackdown.

Reaction score
Personally i think that whe Crusierweight division needs a bigger push .
I remember when it was a Battle Royal at Wrestlemania 20 , its was a great match with some incredible moves...but i suppose that i Wrestlemania all over :)

I think that half of them dont get to show their best anymore. For example - When was the last time you saw Paul London nail a 450 splash .

Bring back Ultimo Dragon and Billy Kidman!

Dante Cross

Reaction score
You write a match, a complete match, featuring you and your opponent.

Promos: Everything you write that goes on before the match, anything before the bell goes DING DING DING is part of promo, even entrances. promos are used tot ell the story, what's going on with your wrestler backstage and even off camera, and outside of wrestling, outside of wrestling stuff like in his hotel etc is meant to develop the character mentally. Backstage promos dont have to have your wrestler in all of em, you can have one with your opponent and this works more towards the chacter development thing too, and build up.

Match Writing
: You can do whatever you want in your match, but you should make it interesting and fun to read too. I will post some of my matches so that you guys can see what I mean. Its very fun, match writing. So you write the moves the use, and when doing this try to add as much description as you can, but not description that is totally unneeded.

Gimmick
: I will be adding this to the grading scale and removing move variety, b/c that really doesn't have any effect on how good your match is. here it's determined on how good you play off the gimmicks of everyone in your match.

After Match: This helps towards conclusion, which is the match finish and what goes on after match.