Short Match Writing Description

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

CruiserWeights

For one of my predictions in the 07 predictions contest is that the cruiserweight division would become more competitive and today i was thinking why i would say that?

I thouight about it, and the WWE has been building up the cruiserweight division for the past 1-2 years with us not even knowing it! But the question is are they building up cruiserweights? Or the Division? To Start we got

Gregory Helms: As Top heel, and seemingly unbeatable? or is he? Is that because there is just a lack of competition? None the less he has held the belt for so long, he is now viewed as a ''superstar''

Rey Mysterio Former Heavyweight Champion. This guy would easily be a top face and a very credible champ. Many people want to see him return to the cruiserweight division to restore it.

Paul London and Brian Kendrick: Tag Team Champs for some time now. Many people view this team as an updated verison of the rockers. Only question is, when are they going to split like all tag teams. I would like to see Kendrick go heel, with a HBK cocky style with Ashley at his side. These two would also make the cruiserweight division very credible

SuperCrazy: He's having a real good run on raw, as the fans are now really getting into crazy for his off the wall high flying moves. He would make a credible top contender.

JTG of Cryme Tyme Chyme Tyme is losing a bit of steam, and we could see of these guys getting let go? None the less, JTG would spice things up in the cruiser weight division.

Chavo: Another top heel character, probably wouldnt wrestle much in the cruiserweight divison. But if they really wanted to make it sucessful, he is availible

Jimmy Wang: I like the guy, even if no one else does. Great in the ring. Dumb gimmick but oh well. Very Entertaining.

Matt Striker: Seems like a real hard worker, and plays his role perfectly. In a few years, Stiker could have a nice career. ( he was one of the lowest paid wrestlers)

Plus guys like : Divari on ECW, Scotty to HOtty the vet, and more
====================================================

To me, it seems like they are pushing cruiserweights just not the division of cruiserweights. So is the WWE goign to pull it all together, now that they have sucessfully build these guys up to WWE standards? I guess we will have to wait and see.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I love the idea of JTG being used in teh cruiser division as I think that Shad can be repackaged and pushed to at least the IC/US side of things. Leave Super Carzy on Raw though. I like him there he gets more exposure.

You forgot Daivari though. I think he can be a top heel in the cruiser division.

And he's damn fine wrestler too. The only other person I'd like to see in there and get a push is Little Guido. I've always been a fan of his but he really never gets teh push. Too bad.

Wrestling God

Reaction score
I agree with monkeystyle Daivari is quite talented in the ring and would make a good champion, could he make a good face champion now that he is not a manager? I would love Super Crazy to get a title run. I think they should put the Cruiserweight title on both SD and raw that way Crazy can stay on raw were i think he his doing rather well and defend the title.

Switchy

Reaction score
Matt Striker? Are You Sure He Is A Cruiserweight?
I Agree With Everything Else Though. The Cruiserweight Division Is Lacking The Highflying The X Division Has Though And Has Gone More Normal Style Wrestling.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
I think that all the cruiserweight divison is it a time filler for SD! anymore,the matches are all pretty normal,mcruiserweights are supposed to bring a new exciting diffrentstyle of wrestling and all WWE does it make em look like normal low carders.W/E as of right now i can not see the CW division getting big again.

millman4134

Reaction score
I agree with Matthardyv1, the WWE doesn't let them show there full potential . And they end up looking like no talent jobbers for the heavyweight division.

Juggalo187

Reaction score
Cruiserweights deserve a lot more credit than they get.

Wrestling Station

Talking about Cruiserweights, I think the best way to make this division alive again is by making the title matches of this division involves (special features match), i mean ladder match, TLC match, steel cage, Last Man Standing, Iron Man Match (if the feud was build really good), etc.. This will make it interesting again. As these kind of matches are only used for IC title, Tags and Heaveyweight titles.

Montana

Talking about Cruiserweights, I think the best way to make this division alive again is by making the title matches of this division involves (special features match), i mean ladder match, TLC match, steel cage, Last Man Standing, Iron Man Match (if the feud was build really good), etc.. This will make it interesting again. As these kind of matches are only used for IC title, Tags and Heaveyweight titles.

thats a good point.

The wwe really doesnt want to push a cruiserweight division, they have the wrestlers with the talent.

I dont see Divari, on the same level as Helms, rey, supercrazy, London Kendrick and others. I think Jimmy Wang would even make a better champ, but thats just me. Hes a good low level heel cruiser in my opinion.

Matt Stiker accordin to his Profile is 237, although i think more around 200. He looks pretty short. None the less, he could be considered a cruiser.

X Division? Who said anything about X Division

ChiWa

Reaction score
After tonights Smackdown, I think this is leading to some kind of tournament, or battle royale, that leads to Rey vs. Helms.

oneofakind

Reaction score
thats a good point.

The wwe really doesnt want to push a cruiserweight division, they have the wrestlers with the talent.

I dont see Divari, on the same level as Helms, rey, supercrazy, London Kendrick and others. I think Jimmy Wang would even make a better champ, but thats just me. Hes a good low level heel cruiser in my opinion.

Matt Stiker accordin to his Profile is 237, although i think more around 200. He looks pretty short. None the less, he could be considered a cruiser.

X Division? Who said anything about X Division

when he was at HWA he was 5'9 im sure he hasnt grown any

Lashley

Reaction score
I would really love to see Rey Back in the cruiser weights division. He was sort of the face of it. I like that they're having a cruiser weight open at NWO. It'll open that back up since they haven't really emphasized the division as of late.

Fanaah

Reaction score
Rey won't be coming back yet. He's still injured and, at the least, he'll be back just after WrestleMania.

I don't think the cruiserweight division will get any better than it already is. If the WWE really cared about it, they wouldn't keep trying to ram people like the Great Khali and Snitsky down our throats. Cruiserweights are there for filler, and that's it. It's a shame because there are so many amazing talents at cruiserweight level but the WWE - and Vince McMahon - will never change.

3lions

Reaction score
Rey is appearing on Smackdown! next week. I doubt it will be in a wrestling capacity, because I'm lead to believe he is still injured. Maybe his return will set up a future feud for his return?

I would like to see Rey in the US Championship division. He shouldn't be in the Main event, but is too good for the Cruiserweight Division. Benoit/Rey feud could be interesting (minus any Eddie stuff).

sex&violence

Reaction score
I think within reason they could use any of the smaller wrestlers as cruizerweights if they wanted including m striker, hardys ric flair etc if they so wanted so to bill striker as a CW would be no probs. I think there is some potential talent in the CW division and i think it needs a major boost as IMO its a joke title at the min as helms gets the ocasional challenge but has never really looked under theat as a champion since he has had it. If it was me in charge i would bring all potential good CWs to smackdown and have the division as follows

Main Contenders

Helms
Rey Mysterio
Supercrazy
Chavo

Others

Jimmy WY
Diavari
M Striker
Jamie Noble

They could do some sort of theme match at WM23 involving 6 of them or something like that could have some potential