Shelton. Which way to go?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hometown Kid

Why would they waste the MITB briefcase on Shelton?

LEARN TO READ.

So they can have someone hold the briefcase for 4 months and job him out when he cashes in, trying to make the chances of a MITB winner seem more unpredictable going forward.

Airfixx

LEARN TO READ.

So they can have someone hold the briefcase for 4 months and job him out when he cashes in, trying to make the chances of a MITB winner seem more unpredictable going forward.

That's actually a pretty good plan.... Would particularly love to see the IWC reaction the day after! lol

@ Kizza: I can't fathom what all the hype is all about either.

Kayfaybe-wise, he's just a had title shot and lost cleanly so fuck him....

Do peeps think he's Batista or sumthin'? : P

Hometown Kid

Ryder puts on good matches, has good mic skills and is a young guy with a fun gimmick that looks like it's about to get a serious edge. Just on young guys he is one who should get pushed because he's worth a damn as a performer. (Not as much as Hawkins but that's another sad story entirely...)

Airfixx

What's "fun" about a guy saying "woo woo woo" for no apparent reason and wearing dumb looking tights?

I honestly never thought I'd see his gimmick cited as a POSITIVE.

Kizza

Good mic skills?

Average at best more like it. Woo Woo Woo and You Know It doesnt equal good mic skills.

I'd rather hear a Jeff promo.

Qwake

^ You're treating Zack Ryder exactly how you treated Mr Kennedy (I think it was you, or else or the other Aussies). Just because he says those lines alot, doesn't mean its all he says and that his mic skills are average, he's seems comfortable on the mic and has cut some good promos imo, like Kennedy had too but you all said he could only repeat his name and whatnot :smh

Zack Ryder's gimmick must be a positive as it usually draws alot of heat from the crowds, I think his character is awesome although some of his attire is kinda gay but still. He's good in the ring and his matches with Christian have both been good so hopefully he has more.

Kizza

Yeah, and look how Kennedy ended up. Shown the door.

Ryder still has a long way before impressing me to believing he deserves a title shot. I'd roll with Regal/Christian for a while because at least Regal and Christian have proven themselves to be able to get over and put on good matches. Ryder hasn't done either.

Qwake

WWE liked Kennedy and he was over and everything, he was fired because of other reasons.

I like Christian and Regal but their feud hasn't been that great imo, their matches could have been much better, I hope the next time they face off theyre given good time so they can actually put on a great match, their matches so far have been alright. Ryder has put on good matches, he's already had two good matches with Christian and a few others with other ECW talent, I think a full on feud with Christian that made it to PPV would really get him over but he's really over for a guy who hasn't been around all that long.

Airfixx

Christian and Regal have had two killer matches. (In particular their one on Suprstars)

As for Ryder's gimmick being good for getting him heat? LOL; what heat?

Check the amount of heat that Regal get's by comparrison - That alone is reason enough for HIM to be MEing for ECW.

Qwake

Christian and Regal have had two killer matches. (In particular their one on Suprstars)

As for Ryder's gimmick being good for getting him heat? LOL; what heat?

Check the amount of heat that Regal get's by comparrison - That alone is reason enough for HIM to be MEing for ECW.

I didn't see Christian Vs Regal on Superstars, but there match on PPV was good, if it were to be longer it would have been better imo.

When Ryder Woo Woo Woos he usually gets a decent reaction, I'm not saying he's the most over guy on the roster but he does get a reaction better then alot of the others on the ECW roster.

Yeah Regal is great at drawing heat but he's already lost to Christian quite a few times and it doesn't look as though he's going to take the title off Christian (not saying its not going to happen but it hasn't looked likely), once Regal is finished I think the next best option to contend would be Zack Ryder.

seX-Power

When Ryder Woo Woo Woos he usually gets a decent reaction, I'm not saying he's the most over guy on the roster but he does get a reaction better then alot of the others on the ECW roster.

Not exactly something to brag about when the roster is filled with guys like Tyler Reks, Shelton Benjamin and Paul Burchill.

The Rated R CMStar

But yes when all you have done is defeat jobbers and you are only a month into an important program.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
The Ryder gimmick is supposed to make you not like it/think he's gay. He's supposed to be an ultra-tool, alpha male. but he could get to the point where he won't be a gimmick anymore, he'll be a character.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
I have never got the huge deal about Shelton Benjamin sure he's a great athlete but he is terrible on the mic and botches more than he does right. He's been overrated since 2004 and nothing has come of it. I'm glad he hasn't gotten a push, it's tough to push somebody who doesn't really deserve it.