Shelton. Which way to go?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
If you didn't know, Shelton Benjamin is on ECW. And he just turned face, because he's in a feud with Sheamus. Shelton has switched from heel to face tons of times already. There's times when you think "hell yeah, he's going to get a main event push" and then he just gets forgotten. He has the talent, and was developing some kind of confidence on the mic and the ring. How will Shelton get the best opportunity.

Face
-Easier to get the crowd behind you with "OMG" spots.
-Lots of heels to feud with on ECW.

Heel
-It's easier to get the crowd to hate you with heel tactics.
-Gimmick.

Is Shelton better off a heel or face? Or some random midcarder that will go nowhere at all?

noumenon

Shelton has had years, numerous title runs and multiple face/heel turns to make people care about him...and they've all failed.
He's talented in the ring and a great addition to multi man matches for an "OOH" and "AAH" but other than that he's completely void of fan reaction

It's sad that his best time was with the "momma" gimmick.
It doesn't matter if he's heel or face... he's been both and has always been a random mid carder who goes nowhere.

seX-Power

Which way to go? Out the door! I'm all for midcard obscurity but there are other guys out there who could be cared about.

Kizza

Plenty of chances, hasn't made the most of them, spot monkey, no charisma and in his mid 30's.

Yeah.

noumenon

Just so long as he has a decent little mini-feud with Sheamus...he can then do whatever the hell he wants.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Unfortunately I see him going the way of most guys with the similar look of him. Such as Butch Reed and Elix Skipper. Immensely talented with little charisma to get him carried over the top. I love me some Shelton Benjamin. Unfortunately, the majority doesn't.

kingovkings

Reaction score
IMO he is really good in the ring but it ends there. The fans dont give 2 fucks about him. Face or Heel they just dont care. He has NO charisma very little to no mic skills and when he does talk he has a monotonous tone. How many pushes,Gimmicks, and Rubs does 1 guy get before they say fuck it no gives a shit. He will stay treading water in the midcard till either he leaves or He gets the wishes you goodluck in future endevours card.

Airfixx

Keep him where he is - I think he's finally found his spot.

Glad to see him turn face (although would have liked to have seen him have a run vs a champ Christian)... Can't wait to see what kid of match Regal can drag out of Shelton's over-rated ass.

Kizza

Good athlete, but is basically a black Jeff Hardy with less spots.

He hasn't wrestled a technical-esque match since 2003 really.

soulreaper545

Reaction score
so far in his entire career the only good thing he's done are his ladder dives at the MITB matchs and thats about it

noumenon

^That's not fair. He also did a wicked springboard into a Sweet Chin Music.

Hometown Kid

The IWC is so ridiculous with Shelton, it's even stupider than with Anderson. I'm not gonna go into a big thing about the respect I have for him as a worker, but I will say this, he's on his way to becoming the most over face on ECW (not that anybody really gets over there.) The chances for the WWE to go all the way ever moving him up to even mid-card without jobbing him out and killing his heat is so slim, I would rather him stay where he's at now and just let him wrestle.

Hometown Kid

Sheamus and Ryder are more deserving of pushes than Shelton at this point. He's just getting too old...although something I forgot to mention is it's possible they give him a token MITB win since he's been in all of them (well, all the good ones.) But that would just mean he'd probably just be the first person to lose his title shot so it's not so obvious every year...