Shelton Benjamin

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

As you may or may not know, Shelton Benjamin, "the Gold Standard" just won his first United States title at the Great American Bash. I didn't watch the event, but I am pleased with this result, but is everyone else?

The WWE have given Shelton about 7000 small pushes, none of which have worked out. This clean title win obviously means that the WWE are trying another. I have honestly no problem with this, because Benjamin's in ring work is solid, and the crowd like a spot monkey, which he also his. His mic skills are average, but he is improving and has a cocky edge to him.

Now the reason all of these pushes have failed, is because of his lack of crowd reaction. He is more over as heel than face, but even then, his lack of charisma means nobody cares. From the reports I have read, at the GAB, Shelton drew a fair amount of heat, and even more when he won. I was just wondering if this means that we could see him pushed to ME or upper MC.

Do you support his title win?

Do you agree with people who say he has no value, except spots?

Is a large push to the upper mid card in line for him?

Unrelated, but should ECW now get their own midcard title?

Just post your thoughts, you don't necessarily need to answer your questions. Many people have divided opinions about this guy, so I just wanted to hear yours.

Moonlight Drive

I suport the title win. Matt Hardy bores me to tears

He can wrestle too, better than plenty of guys. Watch the match at the GAb, he was mat wrestling more than he pulled spots out.

He wont get a push into the Upper Mid-Card yet, he'll be strugglin the SD! Mid-Card for a while

No. They should not. It's a 1 hour show and bascially developmental

DanDaMan

Reaction score
I thought the match was pretty good last night I hope Hardy a Shelton battle for a while for the US title. I thought Shelton was great back in 05 as the IC champ. He is a great wrestler. As far as ECW um no the amount of titles in WWE is already way to many because of the brands. ECW needs nothing. If they did I could only see the TV title of the Hardcore title.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I don't really care about Shelton personally, but it could've been worse. It made sense with Hardy being drafted to ECW, so now I can assume that he's eventually going to chase Mark Henry for the title at some point relatively soon.

Reaction score
shelton benjimon deserves a push. i remember when he had mama benjimon by his side. his air moves deserve to get noticed. one thing i dont like about shelton is his boring personality. fans cant relate to shelton because he rarely talks and just jumps off the ropes. i cant wait to see how shelton will be as united states champion.

CenaMark54

This is probably his last shot at a upper midcard push. If he can't get over, he is a career jobber.

Reaction score
I support his title win but did not see it coming because of a lack of match build up.

I totally disagree that Benjamin is a spot monkey he is a well rounded wrestler who can wrestle or fly high I prefer when he chain wrestles.

I don't know if I see Shelton getting a upper mid-card push for a long time if he ever gets one at all.

ECW shouldn't even have it's own show half their guys should be in FCW the other half on Raw and Smackdown Dreamer should be an agent and Bourne should be Cruiserweight Champion did I forget to mention that WWE should resurrect the Cruiser Title on Smackdown?

the-gaffer

Reaction score
I am delighted with his title win, Its hard to say where it all went wrong for Shelton, he was destined for the top in 2005 and his match with Michaels in that Gold Rush tournament was superb, he had an excellent IC match with Jericho and it looked like a future main event feud, he really should be better now on the mic but with little or no promo time no one could really be sure if he is or not!

I agree with CenaMark though, this is the last chance saloon for Benjamin, if he cant make it now then I doubt they will continue to give him the push he craves, for the record I believe his character has been handled badly over the past 2 years but since his move to ECW I have held more hope for him!

The BASH was good for tying up some loose ends, it gets the Tag belts and the US strap back on SMACKDOWN and it frees up Hardy Morrison and The Miz to make a serious play for the ECW title and try and make that more prestigious

edgehead09

Reaction score
what they need to do is team Shelton with Carlito.

that would be epic.

maybe throw in Burke and Kofi.

would be cool

Famou$ 187

Shelton Benjamin is the most underrated wrestler in the WWE. The only reason he don't try in the WWE is because he don't wanna be there. And he don't wanna be there because he will & never has been gave him a chance or a title shot. He should either make a tag team with Kofi or Elijah or just go to TNA.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
shelton is my fav wreslter in wwe next to kennedy, and i think hes better as a face than a heel, they want him draw fan fare..fued him with edge make it be him vs la familia although they seem to broke up, have big show attaching a face maybe maria (making show heel) and have benjamin come to the rescue, he has a solid finisher now, 1 that can be pulled outa no where like the RKO, stunner, he has good skill, power, speed, mat work could add a submission to his arsinal, then hed have all type of wreslting style in 1 wreslter, wouldnt know what he would do in the ring.... mic skill is all i think hes lacking now give him a good manager whos good on the mic, i just hope they have him in the new smackdown vs raw 09 game cause hed be champ in no time..seems to be they only way hell be world champ anytime soon

Qwake

I am not a fan or Shelton (world greatest tag team I was) but he is an alright wrestler and everything. I would have liked Matt Hardy to keep it because it was Matts biggest signles title ever. But Hardy with it on ECW was bad and he will be most likely going for the ECW world title. Shelton was probably the best guy to take it from Matt Hardy, but he could have done it in a heelish way. I would have liked Carlito to win it a little more then Benjamin though :eek:

I have a feeling this will be Sheltons big break. If he holds the title long enough it will be good for him and the belt. He could also have some good feuds/matches while being the champ. After he loses the US title he could have some feuds with good and popular smackdown superstars, Jeff Hardy could be a good one or also Kennedy.

Nation

Shelton Benjamin is the most underrated wrestler in the WWE. The only reason he don't try in the WWE is because he don't wanna be there. And he don't wanna be there because he will & never has been gave him a chance or a title shot. He should either make a tag team with Kofi or Elijah or just go to TNA.

Wrong! Stevie Richards and Val Venis are far more underrated.

Famou$ 187

Stevie has had titles in ECW & Val Venis has the IC title more than once.