Shawn Micheals, Y2J and Batista

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Ok, I sorta mentioned this a few days ago in another thread, about Batista, and Im glad to see Im sorta right, so far.

However, there is more than the issue of direction with these three. HBK has now gone 2-0 at Backlash and JD, with two clean pinfalls over Batista and Y2J respectively. Now I'm interested because they seemed to have just dropped Batista/HBK and moved right into HBK/Y2J, but since last Friday we know thats not the case.

HBK is on a serious roll right now, but what does this mean? Why give him these two wins in a row, like this? Are they making him out to be a super-baddy within the three of these guys? He cleaned up Tista, no worries, and then Jericho. I can somehow see this 'fued' continuing back around Batista/HBK, with Jericho possibly getting involved in it somehow. Maybe Jericho wants another shot at HBK, but Batista also has his eyes on him, leading to a triple threat or something.

I just want to get your thoughts on HBK's 2-0 status right now, I know it's not much - but it seems out of place.

Also, where do you think WWE is going with HBK, Batista and Y2J, and what do you want to see happen?

C4

Shawn Michaels has always been entertaining as a top main event superstar and this time it's no different, they are going towards another major push for Shawn Michaels. But as you mentioned it's quite odd that he gets clean pin falls over two other major superstars of the roster, i.e. both Batista and Chris Jericho. And it's pretty weird to see the switch in between the feuds as well. Once they go with Batista and Michaels and then for Jericho/Michaels and Batista/Jericho and now I see them reverting back to Michaels/Batista.

I don't know which direction they're going to go but I can sense a major main event feud between all 3 of these superstars for the World Heavyweight Championship on Smackdown.. yes, I said Smackdown! :shifty:

The Rated R CMStar

Again, I think this is all leading to a Triple Threat Match at Summerslam. Batista vs HBK will happen at ONS, I am pretty sure we will have HBK vs Y2J for the IC Title at Night of CHampions, in both those matches I think Big Dave and Y2J will get their victories back. GAB is missing, but I think it will be another rematch, leading to the triple threat match.

Also, I think WWE was going for heel HBK, however since people won't stop cheering him, they turn him into a tweener. I think it is more than obvious since last Raw, in which he acted in classic heel way, and still got cheered, and yesterday, in the taunting part, he was as arrogant as he could be

kingovkings

Reaction score
Im loving the HBK heel/tweener personer. His cocky little smile and taunts pure gold. I also see a triple threat match happening somewere along the line. next tho it will b HBK vs Tista at ONS. But i hope they go with these 3 fueding for awhile because im loving it.

Conc3pt

Reaction score
It looks like HBK is prime for another heel run. But jeez, he needs a shave really badly before he does so.

eggthief

Reaction score
Nah he doesnt has to, he looked better than ever this raw, even for someone who is above the 40.

Reaction score
Why lose the beard now? Nothing wrong with stubble/beard like that. Plus, it sorta helps with his tweener/heel status - I can only see the baby face HBK clean shaven. This makes his look rougher around the edges, a little more unlike the HBK we've come to know since his big return.

Could we see this push of HBK's continue down to WrestleMania 25? They're going to HBK's hometown/state. Maybe a title defense even? It's still waay too far off to guess properly, but Id like that (even though a lot of you will turn down the idea of another HBK title run).

eggthief

Reaction score
I would love it if he won the title, but I see no reason for it to happen, after all he is probably gone within 2 years so it would have little use.

noumenon

I'm sure if HBK wanted a title they'd have no problem giving it to him. I think he's right where he should be right now, helping to boost up the mid card a little bit and making some of the younger talent look good. I'm sure when he's ready to retire we'll see him jump up to main event/title scene once again. I see HHH being around longer than HBK obviously. If HBK does decide to leave within the next year or so it would be an awesome oppurtunity to turn HHH back into that monster heel we're all used to... a nice little retirement match.

kingovkings

Reaction score
ooh yea id love to see that HHH go heel and to use HBK would be the way to go as HBK is the total face fan fave that would get TRIPS some awesome heel heat and i wicked retirement match for HBK but TBH i think that is way of HBK still got a few years in him yet i think.

Anyhoo back on topic Shawn is doing what he does best at the moment and that's putting on wicked matches judgement day was sweet and now he faces Tista at ONS i only hope this match goes as good as judgement day and not like his match at backlash, But hopefully i think it will be a good match.

As for the the whole y2j tista michaels thing i would like it to continue for awhile yet but with Kennedy stuck with no feud now maybe y2j and ken can get something going now i dont know but id like to see it happen.

noumenon

Yeah, Kennedy/Y2J would be the way to go right now...ya know...for that belt that Y2J carries around every once in a while. Maybe throw Burchill in there as well...Kennedy as a face...Burchill as the heel and Y2J as the tweener.

chessarmy

HBK beating Jericho and Tista over the last few PPV's was a smart decision, it keeps things interesting and we all know HBK doesn't like jobbing so that could be part of it. Also, I see Batista re-entering himself back into this fued, and Jericho moving on to something else

Viva!

Reaction score
Obviously I'm not happy that the Intercontinental champion is feuding with two wrestlers who are of World championship status. It means the Intercontinental division is practically redundant at the moment. I don't see Batista or Shawn Michaels ever competing for that belt again. If the WWE was to put on an Intercontinental title match between Y2J and one of the others it'd almost be a guaranteed Chris Jericho win.

On the feud however I see Batista winning the match against Shawn Michaels at One Night Stand because he was saying how he's going to hurt Shawn Michaels. If he doesn't win then he looks weak.

The purpose of this feud I think is several things, namely:

1) To move Batista over to Raw (Probably in exchange for Umaga or Jeff Hardy).
2) To establish a Chris Jericho/Shawn Michaels heel faction.
3) To enable Chris Jericho to drop the Intercontinental championship to one of the lower guys without making him look weak. I see some interference in a future title match.
4) To elevate Chris Jericho and Shawn Michaels from the mid to top card again
5) To turn Shawn Michaels heel and make Batista a super baby face (Notice how he shakes every fans hand round the ring in recent weeks).

Overall I think it's the most interesting and complex storyline happening in the WWE at the moment. On the other hand though, the sooner Chris Jericho drops the Intercontinental title to someone else who can carry the division forward the better.

Final Verdict

Reaction score
^^^

The thing is they did the exact same thing when Hardy was holding it also. I understand the title is supposed to elevate the wrestler, but not into upper card feuds where they never defend it.