Shane McMahon reaches out to AEW Talent

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Oh since Roddy lost I haven’t seen you comment at all
Decided to take a short reprieve from commenting on AEW, because people really didn’t like the fact that I voiced my opinion that I didn’t like that choice.

And I’ll be honest I was kind a little annoyed, because like I only commented on it a little bit and then the next day I was actually trying to talk about how happy I was about the bang bang gang having juice back, but then someone else brought up on they didn’t think kingdom would be following up on their feud with MJF so all I did was commented on that topic and then people seem to be annoyed with me just because I wasn’t super positive with the idea that they were just going to blow off the main angle that I got hooked into way back when they first revealed themselves and stabbed MJF in the back. I’m really looking forward to seeing that angle continue with Cole and MJF when both are ready to go.

Reactions: Cwalker

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I’m taking a short break from live discussions as I had a feeling people are not going to like my current opinions. People already agitated that I didn’t like that will osprey defeated Roderick Strong, so I figured people would be equally irritated. If I mentioned, I don’t like the fact that he’s already in the world title match after winning the international title so I was just taking a short break but I’m still watching and I’ll be back by forbidden door.
Tbh. I think you would’ve been okay saying this, others have been kinda shocked it’s already happening, so maybe saying it’s too soon would’ve went over well. I would’ve held off on if also. :lol even told my girlfriend I’m kinda sad it’s happening already because Will’s my favorite, but Swerve don’t need to lose yet, so I’m like conflicted.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Tbh. I think you would’ve been okay saying this, others have been kinda shocked it’s already happening, so maybe saying it’s too soon would’ve went over well. I would’ve held off on if also. :lol even told my girlfriend I’m kinda sad it’s happening already because Will’s my favorite, but Swerve don’t need to lose yet, so I’m like conflicted.
Glad it’s not just me then because my first thought was I thought will was supposed to be the workhorse that brought International Title back to glory and then he’s fighting for the world title at the next pay-per-view instead of letting a new Japan guy challenge for the international title.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Yeah my dislike of Shane is purely based on his on screen stuff. I do not want him to be apart of my fav story in AEW minus Ospreay/Swerve atm in the Elite takeover story after his Smackdown stuff which was SO FUCKING SHITE

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
That one I'm not gonna call good yet u til I see how Wembley shakes out on it but I'm in the dreaded "wait and see" mode that people get annoyed at when you say lol bc it's weird but could be good still

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Decided to take a short reprieve from commenting on AEW, because people really didn’t like the fact that I voiced my opinion that I didn’t like that choice.

And I’ll be honest I was kind a little annoyed, because like I only commented on it a little bit and then the next day I was actually trying to talk about how happy I was about the bang bang gang having juice back, but then someone else brought up on they didn’t think kingdom would be following up on their feud with MJF so all I did was commented on that topic and then people seem to be annoyed with me just because I wasn’t super positive with the idea that they were just going to blow off the main angle that I got hooked into way back when they first revealed themselves and stabbed MJF in the back. I’m really looking forward to seeing that angle continue with Cole and MJF when both are ready to go.
If that was me, I wasn't annoyed. I just wanted to see MJF move on till Cole is ready to go

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Glad it’s not just me then because my first thought was I thought will was supposed to be the workhorse that brought International Title back to glory and then he’s fighting for the world title at the next pay-per-view instead of letting a new Japan guy challenge for the international title.
Like, i definitely think the match will be amazing, but I definitely also would’ve held off on it a little bit longer. Just because I want him to win the World Title. But not yet, let Swerve have a good and decent run, and Will do his thing with the International Championship. Then he can drop it at some point and decide he wants to shoot higher, then go after the World Title.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Tbh I’m not thrilled with Ospreay getting a title shot so soon after winning the title off Roddy

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Happy to see that I’m not as alone on this island as I thought.

Like I know, Roddy is one of my favorites and im biased and wanted Roddy to have a longer run, but like one of my main objections was that I knew before that match even took place that will one didn’t really need it but more so that Tony was going to want to push him immediately into the world title picture so he didn’t really need the international title. Like with Brock Lesnar skipp d over the intercontinental because he was going to win the WWE championship a month later at SummerSlam .

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Made no sense for Ospreay to get a World Title match the week after he won another Championship.

Makes no sense to beat either man right now too.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Made no sense for Ospreay to get a World Title match the week after he won another Championship.

Makes no sense to beat either man right now too.
Just weird planning.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Happy to see that I’m not as alone on this island as I thought.

Like I know, Roddy is one of my favorites and im biased and wanted Roddy to have a longer run, but like one of my main objections was that I knew before that match even took place that will one didn’t really need it but more so that Tony was going to want to push him immediately into the world title picture so he didn’t really need the international title. Like with Brock Lesnar skipp d over the intercontinental because he was going to win the WWE championship a month later at SummerSlam .
One thing I’ll say is, now you know how I felt when Toni lost to Jamie :bosque and I was made to feel like I shouldn’t have been mad about it. In the end I got what I wanted out of this current reign of hers, so have hope you’ll get something good for him one day!

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Like, i definitely think the match will be amazing, but I definitely also would’ve held off on it a little bit longer. Just because I want him to win the World Title. But not yet, let Swerve have a good and decent run, and Will do his thing with the International Championship. Then he can drop it at some point and decide he wants to shoot higher, then go after the World Title.

I'm cool with it because:
  • Gives Swerve a big win
  • Ospreay is still defending the title regularly on TV
  • There is a clear story being told between the two
  • And it might stop the obsession with Ospreay needs to win the world title this year at Wembley
Also the Ospreay can't lose right now stuff feels kinda of weird. He is not someone super dominant like Bron Breaker for example. Him losing to the World Champion is fine

Last edited:

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
One thing I’ll say is, now you know how I felt when Toni lost to Jamie :bosque and I was made to feel like I shouldn’t have been mad about it. In the end I got what I wanted out of this current reign of hers, so have hope you’ll get something good for him one day!
I’ll always understand not wanting to see your favorites get their push cut short, but I probably did defend the decision at the time and still would just because it was Jamie‘s time. I think Toni was a victim of just Tony trying to make the booking a little too complicated. Jamie was on the rise long before that. She should have beat Rosa for it. And when Rosa got hurt, have Jamie win it in the 4-way. They basically gave it to Toni for the sole purpose of losing it to Jamie. I’d have done Rosa-Jamie-Toni.