Shane Douglas Announce "Extreme Reunion" In Philly

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Smartmark

The opposite of everyone you have ever known
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickiejames2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
In a video that played this afternoon during the CZW card at the ECW Arena, former ECW World champion Shane Douglas sent his regards and apologies that he couldn't make the show, then announced that the "Extreme Misfits" were going to take back pro wrestling again with an "Extreme Reunion" event on Saturday 4/28 at the Philadelphia National Guard Armory.

[video=youtube;3KpPyUBrhmc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KpPyUBrhmc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

PWI

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I don't mind these reunion shows when they are their own entity and not in a place like WWE or TNA. It's in the Philly area those crowds will love it and lets these guy hang with all their old friends once again. It's not hurting anyone at this point.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It has been done so many times before I don't think that there is any need to do it again. He did it before with the Hardcore Homecoming and people got sick of that in the end so I don't know why he has to try to run yet another reunion event.

Smartmark

The opposite of everyone you have ever known
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
mickiejames2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
UPDATE

UPDATE

Former ECW champ Justin Credible has been plugging the 4/28 Extreme Reunion event on his Twitter account, so it appears he is also set for the Philadelphia show.

Thus far, it appears the roster for the show includes former ECW World champions Shane Douglas, Sabu, Sandman, Jerry Lynn, Raven, Rhino and Credible as well as The Gangstas, Axl Rotten and Tracy Smothers.

PWI

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
What a tragic lineup that is.

Its like a whos who of broken down drug addicts.

The only thing that can save this now is Joel Gertner.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Extreme Crappy Wrestling needs to die seriously WWE tried to revive it, TNA had its own version of it its been done to death

MiAMiHEAT

Reaction score
Vince and TNA ruined ECW. Now anytime Shane or someone who is actually a real ECW'er wants to do a simple reunion, fans thinks it's "overkill". Vince and TNA killed ECW....in my opinion, that was Vince's plan. He never wanted to bring ECW back as the real ECW. So now, whenever we see this, we think "OMG, JUST DIE ALREADY!!!!"

It is dead, guys. But why hate because they want to do a FAMILY REUNION? Who cares if these guys are old as hell. They still need a paycheck/want to remember the good ole' days. Let them do them.

Just be happy WWE or TNA or any other fed for that matter isn't trying to a do an "ECW INVASION PART 100000". That's what overkilled the ECW name.

It may not be Show of the Year, but for those old school ECW fans, it will be a night of rememberance. The hate is unreal since WWE did their b/s.

rcoot93

Reaction score
a lot of them said they wouldn't do any more reunion shows and every time there is less and less taking part if they carry on you will end up with only 2 matches

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Hardcore Homecoming was not good. I have the DVD :p. The only revival that was good and felt right was the first One Night Stand. That one had an ECW type of feel to it with the pace of the matches and everything. The second one... ehhhh too much WWE involvement. After that well ya know the story.

TNA trying it... that was just abysmal.

But them lookin to do this... I don't see an issue. I just know I won't be lookin for it. Shane is gonna probably look to book himself in the main event again which will be average at best.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
"Remember when we were young and rasslin' was for me and not some damn kids?"

LOL this is like your parents going to watch their fave bands from the 80s.

Nothing more than longing for the old days.

reefersutherland

Reaction score
I'm a kid, 20, missed true ECW the first time and caught the attitude era at WWE growing up. I can't relate to anything the WWE comes out with these days and I long to see something different. There is an audience out there for this, I'd love to see them do something more than a reunion again. If I could fly out to Philly I would.