Seth Rollins appreciation thread: The Messiah, The Savior, The Architect

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
2sXSd2Y.jpg

My Messiah shirts arrived this morning :proud :mark:

It's funny cos I had plans to make a SETH IS MY MESSIAH sign for Summerslam and the live event which now won't be happening (boo) and then WWE brings out this shirt. I could have worn the shirt and held the sign haha,

Showstopper

The Icon That Can Still Go
Reaction score
6 years ago tonight, Seth won the 2014 MITB briefcase. This past Christmas, I posted a pic of Seth's ring-worn 2014 MITB Kickpads that I got for Christmas:

This match also features one of my favorite bumps of all time:

tumblr_n7yjrvWLTB1srbyoyo1_400.gif

Not only hitting the ladder on his back, but after that, if you watch closely, before he lands on the ring floor, his head hits the bottom step of the other ladder. Insane stuff. Such a great match:

Reactions: Chris and DammitC

Showstopper

Reaction score
BTW, that Seth/Rey video package they aired tonight before the match was excellent. Love these pics from it:

JZKlYVW.jpg

ZlvP36S.jpg

I00YOXG.jpg

MVXP0uY.jpg

Reactions: DammitC

Buffy

The Vampire Slayer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Sports Team
Aed870G

For the Rollins fans in here with a little Big E Langston, back when I used to go to the NXT Shows on the regular.

Mox Girl

Resident Mox fangirl
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
SethRollins1
Favorite Wrestler
8zeSJYf
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
jtPFFXH
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
155A5F8B25.jpg

I love this Rob Schamberger print so much, it would be perfect for my collection of his prints (I have 5 already lol), but it doesn't ship outside the USA so I can't have it :(

Reactions: Showstopper

Showstopper

Reaction score
10 YEARS AGO TODAY, Seth signed his WWE Developmental contract. Thank God, or I might not be watching WWE today:

Showstopper

Reaction score
Cool SB Nation headline of an article from when Seth first signed with WWE 10 years ago yesterday when he was ROH World Champion:

Ee7W5RfXgAAnQdI

Showstopper

Reaction score
One year ago today, Seth beat Brock at SummerSlam 2019 for the WWE Title. I've never seen it happen where a crowd boos the guy pretty loudly during that guy's entrance, only for them to start cheering him mid-way through the match (and it's not eve a long match, just 13 minutes and 25 seconds) and give him a loud, long evation AFTER the match. And Toronto is a smark crowd, too. Incredible performance and babyface work by Seth, and incredible match, in general:

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Definitely one of my top 10 matches on 2019 and a great example of what Seth is capable of at his best.

Showstopper

Reaction score

I'm really looking forward to this match at SS. The build has been absolutely fantastic. You can make an argument it began on the Raw the night after last year's Survivor Series when Seth officially turned heel when he cut that promo in the ring with the Raw roster standing on the outside of the ring and he blamed Rey for losing when he said, "I beat Brock Lesnar not once, but twice and brought the title back to Raw. You couldn't even get the job done with a steel pipe and your stupid kid!" Love that line. The build since then has been so well written unlike most stuff in WWE. I don't even care if Seth loses at this point. He took out a legend's eye last month, won the match. This is gonna be street fight and I have a feeling it's gonna be awesome. The fact that WWE and Rey himself trust Seth enough to make Dom look good and get him over speaks VOLUMES to how highly Seth is perceived in WWE. I'm really looking forward to it due to the great build. Seth is bulletproof at this point with wins and losses. He's still gonna be over no matter what. It also helps that this might be the best run of his career. Mic work, character work, matches, everything has been on for him.

Showstopper

Reaction score
Yet another Seth WWE Youtube video from this feud, last night's segment, well over a million views already; 1.37 million views already, well less than 24 hours from when the video was uploaded. This feud is certainly has the interest of fans. And it deserves it, it's been extremely well-written by whoever is writing and well-performed by Seth, Dominick, Buddy, and Rey. Just an excellent story being told here. Credit to Dominick, especially. He is still so green in experience but has performed extremely well with what they've asked him to do. Sure, last week, they had Samoa Joe do most of his promo during the contract signing (and, of course, Joe did great, no shock there). But thus far, with everything they've had Dominick due, he's performed well-beyond his experience level, IMO. Good for him. And everyone else, as I said earlier (Seth, Rey, Murphy) have also done great. And kudos to the writers for once, too. We roast the writers alot because unfortunately it is deserved alot of the time. But in regards to this storyline, they've done a tremendous job.

Reactions: DammitC and Hoss