SEC probing S&P's downgrade of U.S. debt

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Austin/Rock have never yet been replaced and never will. Want proof? Read what 90% of this forum posts about the current era sucking and the Attitude Era being the best, etc. etc. living proof.

Is it that they haven't been replaced or is it more likely that 90% of the forum is still living in a past that they haven't gotten over?

I've seen Austin and Rock replaced. HHH, John Cena, just to name a couple. They may not be the exact same, but they have very much so effectively replaced Austin and Rock.

Moreover, the fact that John Cena was used as one of the replacements shows that he too can be replaced.

Anybody can be gotten over, it just requires the right booking.

Great One

Is it that they haven't been replaced or is it more likely that 90% of the forum is still living in a past that they haven't gotten over?

I've seen Austin and Rock replaced. HHH, John Cena, just to name a couple. They may not be the exact same, but they have very much so effectively replaced Austin and Rock.

Moreover, the fact that John Cena was used as one of the replacements shows that he too can be replaced.

Anybody can be gotten over, it just requires the right booking.
That and you can't deny in all reality no one is currently on their level, yet.

I'm probably the biggest HHH fan here but I'll admit he's no Rock or Austin... he's apart of the same era even though he still has it. HHH was always there he was just the heel for pretty much the entire Attitude Era, so never really had the chance to shine as a face like them, so it was more of a relief then a replacement, IMO.

Although Cena's reactions were similar to The Rock's when he first started as a face I believe he's nowhere near that level or ever will be in every aspect including the fan reaction which is somewhat different (currently). And that, like you said, can be blamed on booking.

So Snitsky and Steven Richards could get over on the right booking?

Soulpower

^^^ Preach it brother MonekyStyle Cage! People always say that certain wrestler can't get over.. I think that bullshitm the WWE can make ANYONE get over wheter he's good or not (see:Lashley Bobby) look at Lashley, he's still green but he's been getting over more and more the reason? Becuase Vince wants him to get over.

Fact is, Carlito, SHelton, Nitro and pretty much anyone in the E can get over if the Vince and "creative" can book him right. Why do you think people like Murdoch and Cade get no reaction against guys like the Hardys? Its mostly because they've been booked as jobbers/idiots for the past year and a half and its hard for people to take them seriously.

You mentioned Snitsky? The reason Snitsky isn't over is because no matter how much acne or shaved heads he has, he's the guy who was booked as a baby punter with a foot fetish not too long ago, so its hard to take him seriously now in ECW. Had he been booked as this no-selling monster right from the get go he would been gotten over as a legitimate threat.

As for Stevie.... Remember Rights To Censor? People hated those guys.. and who was their leader? Stevie Richards. The difference is that he was booked as a heel and he would actually show up on tv on a consistent basis.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
That and you can't deny in all reality no one is currently on their level, yet.

That depends on what comparisons you're making. Sure if you wanna compare revenues to back in the late 90's they're not doing as well, but that has far more to do with the company as a whole as opposed to one or two individual wrestlers.

I'm probably the biggest HHH fan here but I'll admit he's no Rock or Austin... he's apart of the same era even though he still has it. HHH was always there he was just the heel for pretty much the entire Attitude Era, so never really had the chance to shine as a face like them, so it was more of a relief then a replacement, IMO.

Of course HHH is no Rock or Austin, he's HHH. But is he as popular as Austin? Sure. Was he as hated as the Rock? Absolutely. He's on the same level as those two. But there are way too many comparisons looking for the next Austin, Rock etc. There will be no next Austin or Rock. Austin and Rock have been and gone.

Although Cena's reactions were similar to The Rock's when he first started as a face I believe he's nowhere near that level or ever will be in every aspect including the fan reaction which is somewhat different (currently). And that, like you said, can be blamed on booking.

He is getting very, very strong reactions though. Just not the reactions he's looking for. But yeah, that's almost like 99.99999% booking.

So Snitsky and Steven Richards could get over on the right booking?

Actually, I dunno if you'll recall this but when Stevie Richards was doing his imitations of other wrestlers way back when on Raw. Stevie seemed to be on his way over.

Also, lets not forget RTC. Richards got great heat for that, and he was teh ideal lead guy for the stable.

Snitsky? Well it don't matter what happens to him. Its not his fault anyway. :D

Soulpower

^^ Hey, hey! Don't steal my material! I already mentioned RTC and Stevie Richards.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
As noted earlier today, the WWE web site gave this one line, saying "WWE has taken action against Randy Orton for unprofessional conduct." At this point he's being punished with what is believed to be a fine, but no suspension. Vince McMahon was apparently mad because WWE was the last to report on a major story on his own talent, but he didn't want the full story reported either so WWE's main website guy Michael Cole was only allowed to put up one line.

Soulpower

So there you have it... You'll be punished/de-pushed if you make out with your girl in Iraq or if your real-life GF happens to be an bitch backstage (Cough*Melinacough*). However, you can use steroids, get caught smoking weed,harrass female employers and trash hotel rooms while only getting a fine.

Joey Mercury gets hooked on drugs that he legitimately needs, and is released. Orton's been having drug problems longer than Mercury was even with the damn company. Mercury actually goes to rehab, and Orton simply gets suspended a couple of times. Can somebody explain that logic to me?

You gotta love the logic >_>

Great One

^^^ Preach it brother MonekyStyle Cage! People always say that certain wrestler can't get over.. I think that bullshitm the WWE can make ANYONE get over wheter he's good or not (see:Lashley Bobby) look at Lashley, he's still green but he's been getting over more and more the reason? Becuase Vince wants him to get over.
He's "green", but he doesn't suck. All you need is to look strong and be somewhat intimidating and you'll automatically get some wrestling fan tools.

Fact is, Carlito, SHelton, Nitro and pretty much anyone in the E can get over if the Vince and "creative" can book him right. Why do you think people like Murdoch and Cade get no reaction against guys like the Hardys? Its mostly because they've been booked as jobbers/idiots for the past year and a half and its hard for people to take them seriously.
Wrong, the first thing you have to have to get over is the passion for the business and actually WANT to get over, that throws Carlito out. Secondly, you need probably the main tool being drawing power and charisma which throws Shelton Benjamin out. Now I think booking could possibly be holding Cade/Murdoch back, but yeah.

You mentioned Snitsky? The reason Snitsky isn't over is because no matter how much acne or shaved heads he has, he's the guy who was booked with a foot fetish not too long ago, so its hard to take him seriously now in ECW. Had he been booked as this no-selling monster right from the get go he would been gotten over as a legitimate threat.

As for Stevie.... Remember Rights To Censor? People hated those guys.. and who was their leader? Stevie Richards. The difference is that he was booked as a heel and he would actually show up on tv on a consistent basis.
Once again, just random names but my point is just booking won't get you over... thinking that is very ignorant.

Of course HHH is no Rock or Austin, he's HHH. But is he as popular as Austin? Sure..
Yet Austin is still a much bigger draw than HHH.
But there are way too many comparisons looking for the next Austin, Rock etc.
That's the point of this argument. They're looking for them because they can't be replaced.

Actually, I dunno if you'll recall this but when Stevie Richards was doing his imitations of other wrestlers way back when on Raw. Stevie seemed to be on his way over.

Also, lets not forget RTC. Richards got great heat for that, and he was teh ideal lead guy for the stable.

Snitsky? Well it don't matter what happens to him. Its not his fault anyway. :D
Ok, so I gave you guys probably the most random names I could think of and they were both on ECW, hence my point. I could sit here and list 1000 more names of people who didn't get over but the point is you can't just get over due to booking you have to have SOME fucking wrestling ability and most all have some charisma and drawing power.

However, you can use steroids.
Haha no, Orton's never been caught using steroids ever, just buying ones PRESCRIPTIONED for him and that's a fact.

Soulpower

Back to Carlito.... They say he's lazy and has no passion... I've been watching the guy wrestle for about 8 or 9 years. He's not lazy and he has passion, however, its pretty easy to lose your "passion" if you're being BOOKED in feuds against Chris Masters every four months.

CenaMark54

The number one tool a wrestler needs to get over is charisma.

Look at the most over wrestlers ever. They all have one thing in common, Charisma.

Good booking ans storylines may get a wrestler over for a short period of time, but they will never stay over consistently.

You can't just take anyone and make them a star in the wrestling industry.

Great One

Back to Carlito.... They say he's lazy and has no passion... I've been watching the guy wrestle for about 8 or 9 years. He's not lazy and he has passion, however, its pretty easy to lose your "passion" if you're being BOOKED in feuds against Chris Masters every four months.
True, but then again how many wrestlers have each won a singles title on their FIRST match each time debutting on a WWE show? None. He's also been booked like shit though, but then again hasn't been in the company that long.

circle

Reaction score
Too many good points here, but Orton with his antics is pissing off WWE. I would say move Orton to ECW or Smackdown instead of keeping him on RAW. Frankly I wouldn't suspend Orton b/c he hasn't learned his lesson, but move him to another brand. I know they did this earlier, but they need to move him out of the top show as punishment.

I'm not for them firing Orton or letting him sit at home either. I think the WWE is stuck with a catch 22 with RKO.

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
Iam pretty sure by now that the rumours are true and Orton has been sent home. Because in Raw they mentioned the Edge and Orton match which never happened WTF was up with that? and Orton not being in raw.

And also to the person who said that orton probally knew he wasnt going to win at backlash so he probally didnt give a damn

THATS EXACTLY WHAT HOLDS ORTON BACK FROM REACHING HES FULL POTENTIAL. HE JUST DOESNT GIVE A DAMN.

The Nagasaki Dream

Reaction score
Iam pretty sure by now that the rumours are true and Orton has been sent home. Because in Raw they mentioned the Edge and Orton match which never happened WTF was up with that? and Orton not being in raw.

And also to the person who said that orton probally knew he wasnt going to win at backlash so he probally didnt give a damn

THATS EXACTLY WHAT HOLDS ORTON BACK FROM REACHING HES FULL POTENTIAL. HE JUST DOESNT GIVE A DAMN.

WWE knew they'd sent Orton home, so they consciously chose not to push the Orton-Edge match on Raw.

I haven't a clue what you're getting at with your second paragraph. It reads like convoluted second-grade speak. My friend's sister with MR could compose a more cohesive paragraph than you have.

You're right with your final, unnecessairly CAPITALIZED comment. Orton needs to acquire a better attitude if he wants to fit into WWE's scheme of things and be the impact player management wants him to be.

Viva La Luke

Reaction score
Austin/Rock have never yet been replaced and never will. Want proof? Read what 90% of this forum posts about the current era sucking and the Attitude Era being the best, etc. etc. living proof. Cena is basically there to try to replace Rock, Austin, AND Hogan all in one and look at how well that's turning out /sarcasm. I agree, Orton isn't as big as those guys and MAY never be, but he could, just like Edge I think he has the potential to be the best in the future. One GREAT point CenaMark54 brought up is how he still has a solid fan base and good reactions over the basis of 3 years of being down pushed, etc. I personally don't really care to an extent what happens outside the business as long as he still performs. Being penalized for simply trasing a hotel room is bullshit, although I understand how it was part of a chain of problems which he had done a good job of stalling for awhile. Orton may have got caught smoking weed at a live event backstage and harassing backstage women and trashing hotel rooms, but one thing he never did was get into a shoot fight with another WWE wrestler which is the worst thing that can happen. And right now that person is a 2 time WHC, so yeah, Orton didn't really do anything that bad it's just little shit which now had a big period of consistency in between (which again probably had something to do with his anger management problems). Oh one, MAIN thing I would like to point out to all the morons saying Orton 'ruined his chances' of winning at Backlash. Think for a second, if he doesn't win, he obviously knew he wasn't going to win at Backlash, thus didn't really give a damn. Got to think outside the box, right now I sadly probably don't think he'll win at Backlash and he'll prob be the one pinned/tapped out (hopefully by HBK).

I was refering to this comment made by Great One where he said orton probally knew he wasnt going to win therefore he probally didnt give a damn.