SEC probing S&P's downgrade of U.S. debt

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Great One

Maybe that is the reason why he hasn't reached "full potential" (which isn't even true, he just hasn't won the title for 3 years...), but if you would READ (I know, it's hard), that wasn't my point.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has asked rating agency Standard & Poor's to disclose which employees knew of its decision to downgrade U.S. debt before it was announced last week, the Financial Times said, citing people familiar with the matter.

SEC's move is part of a preliminary examination into potential insider trading, the FT said.

The inquiry was made by the SEC's examination staff, which has oversight of credit rating firms, one person familiar with the matter told the newspaper.

Red Tape Chronicles: Was S%P downgrade an act of revenge?

However, the securities regulator is not aware of a leak from an S&P insider, nor was it aware of an aberrational trade, the paper said.

S&P and SEC could not immediately be reached for comment by Reuters.

The U.S. Senate Banking committee has begun looking into last week's decision by S&P's to downgrade the U.S. credit rating, a committee aide told Reuters on Monday