SD's US title hunt

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
So for the past weeks, we've been hinted at a Shelton Benjamin vs MVP feud and their match(s) so far have been great. All they need is more time, preferably a ppv with a title defense. Now I didn't want MVP to win on his 1st attempt but eventually get it. This would have been a great feud for the both of them.

But after watching Smackdown, the commentators were saying that Chavo was in the title hunt as well. When did Vicki's bitch become a contender? Why should he even be in the title picture? This could have been a great feud just with Benjamin and MVP, now Chavo's involved in it. And they had small talk about R-Truth being in the hunt as well during his entrance.

Am I the only one that see's this as being dumb adding Chavo and possibly Truth to this? Am I the only one that thought Benjamin vs MVP would have been a great feud with just them two?

Hometown Kid

This is HORRIBLE. An absolute joke to 2 of the 2 worst booked guys on the roster in recent memory.

Now to be fair, I like Chavo, heck when it comes to mic skills + in-ring i'd say he's probably one of the most underrated people on the roster so I think the matches can actually be pretty good with these 3 but it's not going to help MVP's or Shelton's cause in getting over any, which both are in desperate need of fan support. I have a feeling what we're going to get now is a couple of matches between the 3 and ending in a triple threat with MVP getting the title on the first try and then Shelton and MVP will go at Backlash and both of their momentum gets killed because they were stuck with Chavo for a month and had a meaningless 1 off feud (where has that gotten Hurricane and R-Truth at this point?).

I wouldn't mind seeing somebody over like Khali or...some kind of heel on SD that gets a good reaction to put them over if they want to go long term with Shelton/MVP though, just not Chavo.

The Rated R CMStar

LOL, you should all be glad that WWE is actually doing some booking around the US belt. Now we have 4 men challenging for the belt. That's way better than a one on one feud that may or may not happen

Moonlight Drive

Am the only one that noticed nobody involved is white?

Smackdown = Racist. :smh

Hometown Kid

LOL, you should all be glad that WWE is actually doing some booking around the US belt. Now we have 4 men challenging for the belt. That's way better than a one on one feud that may or may not happen
No, that should be expected. I mean you know, writers actually writing feuds around a title belt is what they're supposed to do. But you're right about it being better than the crap they've put around the belt ever since Matt won the title.
Am the only one that noticed nobody involved is white?

Smackdown = Racist. :smh

All the white guys go to titles that actually matter, minorities get U.S title shots. :yes:

seX-Power

HoTown Kid said:
All the white guys go to titles that actually matter, minorities get U.S title shots. :yes:

What about Jimmy Wang Yang? He's the WWE's only white jobber. :yesyes:

The Rated R CMStar

No, that should be expected. I mean you know, writers actually writing feuds around a title belt is what they're supposed to do. But you're right about it being better than the crap they've put around the belt ever since Matt won the title

I know they should, but since they haven't and know they are starting to, I actually like it.

Of course Shelton vs MVP is more interesting, however, do we really think that was going to get a PPV match without getting the feeling of just getting thrown away? I have the feeling Shelton vs MVP would have gone the same way Helms vs Shelton and Truth vs Shelton. In fact, I think this feud would have been dropped to favor the possible MITB.

Instead, I can see WWE booking at Mania Chavo vs MVP vs Shelton

RatedDCA

Reaction score
LOL. Okay, Let me get this straight. When they weren't doing something with the US Title... You'll bitch and moan about it. Then when they are making it interesting by adding Chavo and MVP to the hunt. You'll also bitch and moan.. Guess there's no pleasing the IWC now.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I know they should, but since they haven't and know they are starting to, I actually like it.

Of course Shelton vs MVP is more interesting, however, do we really think that was going to get a PPV match without getting the feeling of just getting thrown away? I have the feeling Shelton vs MVP would have gone the same way Helms vs Shelton and Truth vs Shelton. In fact, I think this feud would have been dropped to favor the possible MITB.

I didn't think that the Benjamin/MVP program would have ended up like those. One thing that I liked about how that went was when they went for the title, they didn't win. Almost every feud for the titles now, result in the challenger always winning the gold. With Benjamin, he went through those too, and still has the title.

With MVP, he went through that 4+ month losing streak and I think the pay off will be a push, starting with challenging for and winning the US title (not with him winning on the 1st attempt but the 2nd or 3rd). The matches they've had so far have been good, they work well together. If they have time, a ppv, it would have been a great match.

Chavo has been Vicki's bitch and jobbing out to guys, so now all of a sudden, he's US title worthy? When was the last time he's won a match? They should have at least gave Benjamin and MVP one ppv match, just one by themselves. I don't have a problem with Chavo being added, but he should have actually won matches or something in order to even get in the program. This could have been a long term program with these two (Benjamin and MVP) and they could add in some people here or there, but if it's Chavo going all the way as well, I think is dumb.

LOL. Okay, Let me get this straight. When they weren't doing something with the US Title... You'll bitch and moan about it. Then when they are making it interesting by adding Chavo and MVP to the hunt. You'll also bitch and moan.. Guess there's no pleasing the IWC now.

Hey I have an idea, why don't we go in the thread, and post stuff we know nothing about... damnit too late Rated Dickuptheass already beat me to it.

What are you talking about? Who's bitching? Who said it was bad that MVP is added to the US title picture? How does that make it interesting by adding jobbering Vicki's bitch Chavo to the picture?

The Rated R CMStar

Chavo has been jobbed to main eventers or newcomers, and has always looked strong in the process. His defeats mostly come from HHH, so I don't see how that weakens his aspirations for the US gold.

Besides, nobody says he's a worthy challenger, SD isn't even pushing that way. They are just pushing that he wants the championship.

Besides, again, I prefer a DIVISION for the belt than hopes of MVP vs Shelton, which you can build an scenario as perfect as it gets, but I doubt it was going to happen.

LKP

Ill say shelton vs mvp vs chavo at wm25. R truth will be in the Mitb that is just my guess.

MaZZacare

Reaction score
as long as the US title is on the card at mania i could careless about if its a triple threat or a 1 on 1 if anything a triple threat makes more sense since it gets more ppl on teh card

Airfixx

Note to all those bitchinga bout Chavo....

He may have been losing to all and sundry for some time now, but surely his inclusion is no more of a stretch of the imaginiation than that of Mr Losing Streak himself, MVP?

...At least they can play the Vicki 'card' when it comes to Chavo.

I don't see this three/four man fued getting WM time - I think it's more like something to tide us over, action-wise on SD , while there is a lot of WM build and mic time elsewhere on the show....

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Note to all those bitchinga bout Chavo....

He may have been losing to all and sundry for some time now, but surely his inclusion is no more of a stretch of the imaginiation than that of Mr Losing Streak himself, MVP?

...At least they can play the Vicki 'card' when it comes to Chavo.

When was the last time Chavo won a match? And not by DQ? MVP broke his win streak by beating the Big Show in a Last Man standing match. He's beat the US clean. He's pinned the US champ twice. He didn't go on the losing streak, and then the next day, becomes a contender for the title, that's what Chavo did.

And sure they could play the Vicki card on Chavo. Chavo's been pissing Vicki off, not doing what he's told to do, failing in what he's suppose to do, always getting yelled at, and she puts him in the US title hunt? Makes perfect since.