SD's US title hunt

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

Tell me, especially with a GM like Vicki, what the hell did MVP do to prove to her he deserved even a non-title match with the US champ? ...I'm pretty sure she saw the outcome of the LMS match like the rest of us.

Regardless of what matches have or haven't been televised, MVP has been PORTRAYED as having being on a long losing streak, whereas Chavo hasn't (*)... Based on that it IS a stretch of the imagination that MVP is even being place in matches with a champion to start with.

(*Call it the 'houseshow effect' if ya like - You're not party to every result from every match and that's intentional... It's like Bret Hart getting heralded as a fighting champion by the time he had his first TELEVISED WWF title defense.)

In the world of unspoken kayfaybe, 'maybe' Chavo has been kicking Funaki's ass half-way round the world on a weekly basis.

BESIDES.... It's not like they named Chavo #1 Contender... They just said he was "in the hunt" (or similar)... i.e. He wants it. Doesn't mean to say he gets a title match any time soon.

(For what it's worth though, I'd like to see Chavo get a little push... Highly underrated IMO.)

Reaction score
A "jobber" that, about a year ago, beat CM Punk for the ECW title!

But ECW is just a gloryfied FCW. CM Punk began at ECW no hes the fastest triple crown winner in history. TheMiz he was ok before ECW no he's much better. Matt Hardy got better on the mic so on and so forth

The Rated R CMStar

But ECW is just a gloryfied FCW. CM Punk began at ECW no hes the fastest triple crown winner in history. TheMiz he was ok before ECW no he's much better. Matt Hardy got better on the mic so on and so forth

So...because on ECW people improve it's a developmental territory. Look, I won't argue that, as imo ECW is in fact glorified developmental territory, but the reasons you gave are not the ones you should use.

By that notion, Jeff Hardy improved on SD. Kennedy went from midcard to main eventer in half a year on SD. Does that make SD a developmental territory? No

Kaedon

Reaction score
Do you guys want me to create a general ECW thread? Oh wait....

The SD undercard is, as per usual, far better than the rest of the companies. Matt vs. Jeff is a money feud, Ron Killings (when he's not lazy) Shelton Benjamin, MVP, Mr. Kennedy, The Colons, all of them are great talents

Christian 2.0

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the IC and US titles because of what they CAN mean. Shelton is maybe the greatest active wrestler now to never have been in a major championship match. Shelton, MVP, and Chavo are great wrestlers and a triple threat at WM would be a great match. It's the type of match that should be the opener.