Scarface remake

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Coen Brothers to Pen SCARFACE Remake Script; Release Date Revealed

Coen-Brothers-Scarface-Dragonlord.jpg

Universal Pictures‘ previously “Untitled Universal Event Film” has been announced as Scarface, which is set to star Diego Luna (Rogue One, Blood Father) as the title gangster.

The Scarface remake release date will be Friday, August 10, 2018, and also boasts a script work by none other than the Coen Brothers!

An explosive reimagining of one of the most iconic sagas in film history, Universal Pictures’ Scarface shoots from a script polished by four-time Academy Award winners Joel Coen & Ethan Coen (No Country for Old Men, Fargo).

Martin Bregman, who produced the 1983 film, serves in the same capacity in the telling of this generation’s Scarface, which the studio first brought to the screen in 1932.

Director Antoine Fuqua exited the project due to his commitment to Sony Pictures‘ upcoming The Equalizer sequel. A search is now underway for a helmer to board the project immediately as the studio is reportedly keen on getting the new Scarface into production in the very near future.

Scarface Remake Gets Coen Brothers Script and August 10, 2018 Release Date

Peter Berg and David MacKenzie Frontrunners to Direct SCARFACE Remake

Peter-Berg-Scarface-021017-Dragonlord.jpg

Hell or High Water filmmaker David MacKenzie and director Pete Berg are the front-runners to helm Universal’s remake of Scarface, which has an August 10, 2018 release.

Antoine Fuqua was to have sat behind the camera but departed last week to focus on Sony’s sequel to 2014’s The Equalizer, which he also directed.

MacKenzie and Berg are meeting with Universal execs, setting up an interesting competition of sorts. Berg has a relationship with the studio having directed its releases Battleship and Lone Survivor. But interestingly, he acted as MacKenzie’s boss when in 2015 he hired the man to direct Commancheria, the movie that eventually became Hell or High Water.

Funnily, however, and in true Hollywood fashion, MacKenzie had trouble getting though many studio doors as early as last summer. In fact, MacKenzie tried to get the Scarface directing gig but was passed over, with the studio settling on the more experienced Fuqua in early August 2016.

High Water was released weeks later, becoming a breakout sleeper hit and earning Jeff Bridges an Oscar nomination. It also put MacKenzie on the Hollywood map, with the filmmaker fielding scripts from almost studio in town … and in full circle fashion, back in play for Scarface.

Scarface is the story of the rise and fall of a gangster, with previous versions made in 1932 and 1983. This one is a modern story set in Los Angeles and focuses on a Latino gangster.

'Scarface' Remake: 'Hell or High Water' Helmer, Peter Berg Are Frontrunners to Direct (Exclusive)

I don't know what to think about this.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Oh fuck no.

Reactions: The Phenom

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Some things just need to be left alone

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
You'd think the millions they spend on remakes and licensed movies would go better intro hiring some good writers to make up a good, unique story. Just a thought.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Damn, Why are they going to butcher Scarface just leave it alone!

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
The Al Pacino Scarface is already a remake

Reactions: Keith

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Just because it's a remake, doesn't stop it from being just another film studios desperate attempt at cashing in on another popular film property.

Better off rereleasing the original with color correction and film conversion.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah cause the Ben-Hur remake went so well...

Drew

Reaction score
Well there have been worse remakes than even Ben-Hur.

I'm at least willing to see who's cast and maybe a trailer or two before immediately dismissing it.

The Coen Bros have earned some leeway with their movies imo.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Diego Luna is the protagonist.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Coen Brothers remade True Grit and did fine.

I trust those guys. That's the bright spot

Yeah and I even think they did a respectable job with the Ladykillers remake and the original to that is probably one of the greatest films ever made.

The 83 Scarface is a very good film, but I don't think its the masterpiece so many make it out to be. It has been more than 30 years. For me at least I don't think it falls into the "somethings I should just leave alone" catagory. There are things from that film that can be updated. I just wish the Coens were directing it not just writing it.