Saturday Morning Slam to be Expanded for Cruiserweights?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
There has been chatter within WWE of expanding Saturday Morning Slam. Details are sketchy but apparently WWE is hoping the CW Network will give them an hour on Saturdays so they can air another TV show.

That show would be a show focusing solely on cruiserweights with Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara being the stars of the show. This show would see a lot of the indy talents that WWE has been looking at over the past year and a half.

It’s said that Vince McMahon is high on the idea of a cruiserweights TV show.

- wrestle newz world

It has been the CW and Dabans highest rated show since its debuted, so I have no real problem with it. Then they use a more aerial and fast pace style more or less anyway. Any thoughts on this?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
More wrestling per week so :y:

I've been enjoying the show actually anyhow, a lot more than I expected.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Haven't watched SMS but this I would check out for sure. Could produce a lot of fun matches depending on who they got.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Wait, what the hell is "wrestle newz world"

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I've still seen no proof of them trying to bring back cruiserweights I think it's a load of bull perhaps when they were going to do the network but seems to me thats on an indefinite hold

Also we ban neck moves but jumping off of stuff onto other stuff thats ok? I think that would pose a greater risk then a choke hold.

TKK

Reaction score
If a show like this was to happen it would be the only reason, in my mind, to bring back the Cruiserweight title. Considering that they've looked at Gargano, Callihan, Perkins and Roddy Strong this show could be really good. You add Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel, Sin Cara, Rey Mysterio (really?), Trent Barreta, Primo and Xavier Woods are you have the possibility of creating the most entertaining division in in all of North American wrestling.

There is the possibility for something great from this though it'll probably just be Sin Cara vs. Yoshi Tatsu every fucking week.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Never heard of this website so I don't have much faith in the accuracy of the report. I thought that the Crusierweight show had been planned for the WWE Network and not for this.

It wouldnt be the worst idea as I would assume that it would appeal to children especially if Rey and Sin Cara are on the show because they look like superheros. They have plenty of crusierweight wrestlers on the roster than could easily fill a one hour show so it could work but I doubt it is happening anytime soon.

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
To be fair, I've seen this reported on another wrestling news site. That doesn't confirm it as true, but I wanted to point that out. Anyhoo, if this is the plan, then I'm all for it. Back when Smackdown was red hot, in my opinion, the Cruiserweight Division was one of the reasons as there was plenty of talent to choose from. With Raw, Smackdown, Superstars, NXT, Saturday Morning Slam, and the Main Event debuting on October 2nd, there's certainly a lot of programming for them to fill and I'm not sure how they'll do it yet, but that's not the topic here. You take the guys they're looking at, the guys around that size in developmental/on NXT, the guys on their roster, and hire a few more if need be and you've got something worth watching.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I'd be fine with the idea. I'm not sure they are for this though and if Vince is so high on the Crusierweights why has the division been dead for 5 years?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I have never agreed with the idea of a cruiser show, simply because the WWE has made so much progress in getting smaller guys over since the Attitude Era that pigeonholing all these guys into one division is just regressing.

Think about what would have happened if this idea was executed 5/6 years ago, you wouldn't have seen Punk, Bryan, Ryder, hell even Rey, get the pushes they did, for better or worse.

Undertaker

Reaction score
How do you expect WWE to use cruiserweights on Saturday Morning Slam when they have never been interested in them for nearly 8 or so years? Someone has already pointed it but WWE was at its best when they used their cruiserweights to scrap over the small championships. I thought SMS was going to be like Power Rangers, where they all power up and the little kids go wild. I really do detest this latest attempt by WWE to aim their product at prepubescent children.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I wouldn't say they were at their best when the Cruiserweights were fighting for the Cruiserweight Championship, but that was one of my favorite parts of WWE. I tuned in each week to see what Mysterio and Shannon Moore would do. As they were my two favorite Cruiserweights.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler