Saturday Morning Slam may be finished?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
- WWE Saturday Morning Slam may air only for a few more weeks. Word was going around a few month ago that the CW Network only purchased a certain number of episodes of the show but this isn’t confirmed. There have been no new matches taped for SMS in two weeks now.

(Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter)

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
As PWMania.com previously reported, no new matches have been taped for WWE Saturday Morning Slam in the past two weeks. Word was going around a few months ago that the CW Network only purchased a certain number of episodes of the show but that wasn’t confirmed.

WWE sent PWMania.com the following statement regarding Saturday Morning Slam possibly ending:

“It has always been the plan to air the first season of WWE Saturday Morning Slam on the CW from August of 2012 through May of 2013, as this is a typical television season. WWE is currently in discussions about a second season, and if we reach an agreement, the show will begin airing again in August.”
WWE Saturday Morning Slam debuted on August 25th, and as of today has aired 37 episodes on the CW as part of their Vortex lineup.

Read more: http://www.pwmania.com/update-on-th...rning-slam-wwe-issues-statement#ixzz2SqKghfWI

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Not surprising, but is the show doing better then the other ones? If it's doing well in ratings, I can see them bringing the show back.

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
i think i watched the 1st episode then stopped they should Cancel Slam and ME and bring ECW back

acailler

Reaction score
Isn't Mick Foley the GM or something???

CrayJ Lee

Champion
Reaction score
Website
bewitchingbennett.tumblr.com
Ultimately Saturday Morning Slam is just another way to reach out to their younger audience. The matches they have on SMS aren't vital to any current storyline on Raw or Smackdown, but it does build that relationship with their younger audience (as well as another way to bring in revenue). If they want to continue the immense support that they get from the younger fanbase then the WWE should make sure they get another season lined up with the CW Network.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
All of these haters hating on the awesomeness that is SMS :aries:

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
SMS is ten times more entertaining than Raw or Smackdown.

UkSciFiGirl

The Artiste
Reaction score
Ultimately Saturday Morning Slam is just another way to reach out to their younger audience. The matches they have on SMS aren't vital to any current storyline on Raw or Smackdown, but it does build that relationship with their younger audience (as well as another way to bring in revenue). If they want to continue the immense support that they get from the younger fanbase then the WWE should make sure they get another season lined up with the CW Network.
They have another season planned but they wont air til August if it does go ahead. I will say though, when i saw Smackdown live in November, i learned that the Saturday Morning Slam they taped there was shown in December.

CrayJ Lee

Champion
Reaction score
Website
bewitchingbennett.tumblr.com
They have another season planned but they wont air til August if it does go ahead. I will say though, when i saw Smackdown live in November, i learned that the Saturday Morning Slam they taped there was shown in December.

Oh interesting. That would make sense why their shows don't always follow the current storyline.