Santino's Honk-A-Meter

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
So Santino Marella claims he will be the longest reigning IC champion of all time, surpassing the "Honky-a-tonky-a-man-a." I see this going a few ways.

Theory 1. He loses the title WAY short of the goal. Like next week. But if they were going to do that, it would have been funnier to do it right after he introduced the Honk-A-Meter. So for that reason I say they won't do that.

Theory 2. He actually does it. Santino Marella actually breaks the record and in the meantime, shows us his improved wrestling skills that he's been hiding after his much hated matches after his debut (hopefully). If we can see that he can actually wrestle well, then I have no problem with this happening.

Theory 3. he loses the title at 63 weeks. This seems to be the most likely choice. Again, I'd still like to see some classic matches from him eventually and this would be a good time to bring it out as well.

What do you guys think the future holds for Santino's 2nd Intercontinental Championship reign?

humankiller99

Reaction score
he'll prob lose it at a ppv.. prob to beth phoenix or kofi kingston. dunno anyone else worthy of being IC champ other than maybe kofi, maybe jericho, hbk and orton..

they should have honky tonk come in when santino is close to beating the streak and have him beat him for the title and then he promptly loses it on RAW the next night after a ppv.

but its funny how he says honky-a tonk- a man- a.. santino's funny. though he has to shave that damn unibrow off :p

chessarmy

I don't think he'll hold it for that long, he'll probably lose it in a few weeks and then go back to doing random comedy angles

MikeRaw

I think it will be choice 3. He would get a good push, be able to wrestle good, continue to get heat, etc, and 63 weeks is nmothing to sneeze at. But then, lose it, so he won't break the record. That seems to be the logical one, and the one I think will happen, as it will be a good storyline, good push, bubt no record breaking.

Marvel26

Reaction score
Agreed, he will lose it just before the new record or maybe even on that night so he has matched the record.

Evil Austin

all I know is this will make me laugh my head off I mean this is gold funny - ness i mean a "honky tonk a man a meter" its commedy genious

Moonlight Drive

I think the WWE are sort of going to feel the water so to speak

If Santino pulls out some good matches and stays over with the fans, I see it going with Option 3, simply the promo afterwards will be gold. But the only problem is if the fans will be able to stay with a 64 week reign. This isn't the 80s where holding the title for a year was the norm.

but if Santino can keep it fresh for his reign, I don't see why not. Only problem is this holds guys who need the belt back, but they could always get over without it.

Austin_316

Reaction score
Santino Marella is a waste of space wrestling wise but i must admit he is quite funny to say the least. His wrestling skills are poor and he only has a few moves. He is in bad shape and doesn't really put any effort into his matches. I believe he should start becoming more of a wrestler before we get bored of this gimmick.

1chiban

Reaction score
TBH it is probably just a throwaway comment - just something for comedic effect. He won't hold it anywhere near 63 weeks.

seX-Power

& I agree that this wont go anywhere. Nowadays, nobody should hold a mid card title for more than about 5 months as the belt is needed to put over talent.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Santino Marella is a waste of space wrestling wise but i must admit he is quite funny to say the least. His wrestling skills are poor and he only has a few moves. He is in bad shape and doesn't really put any effort into his matches. I believe he should start becoming more of a wrestler before we get bored of this gimmick.

See what I think they are doing is letting him train even more, and keeping his improvements secret for the time being. At least I hope so. I remember when he first debuted on RAW, everyone was talking about how he's the next Kurt Angle. But his timing was off so bad, I couldn't stand watching him. So, hopefully that's what they are doing and why they are doing it.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
He holds the belt until he is one week off from his goal. Then in his next match when he is minutes away from breaking the record Honky Tonk Man comes out, attacks Santino, and causes him to lose the belt.

Montana

First of all, they brought him in as a fan. So it really wouldn't make much wrestle for him to be a great wrestler. Secondly, yes Santino can wrestle, and he's probably one of the best kept secerts.