Sandler sets Razzie record: 11 worst-movie noms

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
SANTA MONICA, Calif. (AP) -- When Adam Sandler's bad, he's really bad, according to voters for the Razzies, an Academy Awards spoof that singles out the worst movies of the year.

Sandler received a record 11 nominations Saturday for the Razzies as star, producer or writer on three 2011 movies - "Jack and Jill," "Just Go with It" and "Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star."

That more than doubled the previous record of five Razzie nominations held by Eddie Murphy for 2007's "Norbit."

Sandler's nominations include worst actor for both "Jack and Jill" and "Just Go with It" - and worst actress for "Jack and Jill," in which he plays a family man and his own twin sister.

Sandler also had two nominations as worst screen couple opposite Jennifer Aniston or Brooklyn Decker in "Just Go with It" and opposite Katie Holmes, Al Pacino or himself in "Jack and Jill."

As a producer, Sandler was credited with worst-picture and worst prequel, remake, rip-off or sequel nominations for both "Bucky Larson" and "Jack and Jill." He also shared in worst-screenplay nominations as a writer on both movies, and a worst-ensemble nomination for "Jack and Jill."

"It's almost karmic for someone to have made that much razz-able stuff in one year," said Razzies founder John Wilson. "He has angered someone really powerful, I would say."

Along with "Bucky Larson" and "Jack and Jill," worst-picture contenders are "New Year's Eve," "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" and "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1."

"Jack and Jill" led with 12 nominations, with "Transformers" second with nine and "Breaking Dawn" right behind with eight.

Razzie nominations were released on the eve of the Oscars. Winners will be announced on April Fool's Day.

For worst actor, Sandler is up against "Bucky Larson" star Nick Swardson, along with Russell Brand for "Arthur"; Nicolas Cage for "Drive Angry," "Season of the Witch" and "Trespass"; and Taylor Lautner for "Abduction" and "Breaking Dawn."

Swardson also was nominated for worst supporting actor for "Jack and Jill" and "Just Go with It."

For worst actress, Sandler is joined by another cross-dressing actor, Martin Lawrence in "Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son." Also nominated were Sarah Palin for her documentary "The Undefeated"; Sarah Jessica Parker for "I Don't Know How She Does It" and "New Year's Eve"; and Kristen Stewart for "Breaking Dawn."

Several Oscar winners made the Razzies list, among them Cage (a best-actor winner for "Leaving Las Vegas") and Pacino (a best-actor winner for "Scent of a Woman"), who was nominated for worst supporting actor for "Jack and Jill."

Bill Condon, an Oscar winner for his "Gods and Monsters" screenplay, was among the worst-director nominees at the Razzies for "Breaking Dawn."

The group traditionally has announced its nominees the day before the Oscar nominations and its winners the night before the Oscars. But Wilson and the roughly 600 voting members for the Razzies decided to experiment with an April 1 date this time, figuring April Fool's Day was an ideal time for their mock ceremony.

"I have always wondered if we stepped slightly away from lockstep with the Oscars, what would happen," Wilson said. "We just kept hoping the Oscars would do their ceremony on April 2, but they just never did."

I really wish they showed these on television as well, I would definitely be watching. Nice to see someone recognize Sandler for his complete and total ineptitude.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I thought Taylor Lautner was pretty good in Abduction. He was decent as an action star. Everything Sandler touches lately should never be shown to anyone.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I thought Taylor Lautner was pretty good in Abduction. He was decent as an action star. Everything Sandler touches lately should never be shown to anyone.

I didn't see Abduction but come on, look at Lautner's body? How could you vote him worst anything?

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
I liked Just Go With It (Probably because of Brooklyn Decker) but I haven't seen the other two.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Just Go With It was pretty good, I actually enjoyed that one.

Lautner was up for worst actor with Abduction and Breaking Dawn.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Co-signed on "Just Go With It". Although Nicole Kidman's nomination for it is deserved. Remember when she used to be good?

Honestly haven't seen any of the other films. It appears my spidey sense for these things is quite effective.

Castiel

Reaction score
I think we can all say we haven't seen any of his nominations because they all look so bad so yeah, it's deserving. Just Go With It was alright, I like Jennifer Aniston honestly. I echo Fuji on the fact that these should totally be on TV! I could imagine them like on Spike or something. Lol

Swinny

Reaction score
Sandler is just so easy for everyone to pick on, when in reality his stuff just isn't THAT bad. His movies are consistently entertaining, which is a lot more than can be said about a lot of other shit that gets put out. Just Go with It and Bucky Larson were both funny and enjoyable experiences. Haven't seen Jack and Jill, but that looks like a bit more, even for me, so that one might be warranted...

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Bucky Larson was absolutely horrible. It was horrendous. I think I laughed once during the whole movie and it was at Don Johnson being in it.

Swinny

Reaction score
Bucky Larson was absolutely horrible. It was horrendous. I think I laughed once during the whole movie and it was at Don Johnson being in it.

I thought it was hilarious, I obviously have a very immature sense of humor, lol, and it's obviously stupid as hell, but I had a lot of fun with it.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I tried to, I really did. But I just found the sophomoric humor dumb and forced. Usually I like stuff like that and I like Swardson comedy, but this just didn't do it for me at all.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler