RWC-Radical Wrestling Coalition: A New Hope

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Anigma

Reaction score
The Backstory (Part One): A Commencement Continuation…

In the weeks leading up to WrestleMania 23, Vince McMahon, owner of World Wrestling Entertainment came to the realization that his current crop of writers just weren’t cutting it. McMahon decided to recruit fresh, young writers who understood the WWE and had new ideas to bring to the product. Enter James Edwards. Edwards was a former professional wrestler working the independent circuit and he was rumored to have been being brought up to the WWE for a tryout but before that could take place, Edwards suffered a debilitating knee injury which forced him into retirement before his career could even begin.

A tragic story to say the least, however, Edwards wasn’t just another wrestler. He was a student of the game and before even entering the wrestling world he was taking college classes in the University of Miami where he acquired degrees in business and entrepreneurship just in case wrestling didn’t work out for him. Coming from a wealthy family also helped Edwards’ chances of being successful one way or the other. Edwards would be brought up to the WWE by Vince McMahon who was impressed by Edwards’ creative work in the OVW which was owned by the WWE at the time. Edwards and McMahon discussed Edwards’ role in the company and McMahon asked Edwards a simple question. What would you do if you had full creative control of the WWE?

No one knows for sure what Edwards’ answer was to the question but it must’ve impressed McMahon who immediately gave Edwards creative control over both the Raw and SmackDown brands. Stephanie and Shane McMahon weren’t pleased with these turn of events and questioned their father’s decision. Many within the company cited promises of epic finances being brought in due to Edwards’ ideas fed McMahon’s gluttony for money and may have even boosted his ego. Many were skeptical that an “amateur†like Edwards would even make it in the business and hold true to his promises but Edwards proved many of his doubters wrong when he decided to put the WWE Championship on Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 23.

Edwards exceeded many expectations, however, many within the company simply called Edwards a one hit wonder and predicted the Raw rating to remain stagnant but that wasn’t the case. The ratings increased each week and remained fairly higher, actually the highest the company had received in a long time which led to many within the company to put Edwards in their good graces. Edwards would put a lot of innovative storylines on television and what could’ve been the biggest storyline in wrestling history ironically led to Edwards’ down fall in the WWE.

After nearly a year and a half of being employed as head creative director, James Edwards was told he was being demoted to more of a senior role where storylines would be passed by him and he would give his opinion on them. Edwards wasn’t comfortable with this idea and voiced his thoughts to McMahon. Rumors ran rampant throughout the internet wrestling community as to what went on in the meeting, some believe the two came to an understanding while others believe McMahon’s overblown ego and greediness took over and blinded him to the bigger picture. McMahon believed what occurred over the past year and a half was all his doing after all if it wasn’t for him hiring Edwards, none of that “historic†television would’ve ever happened. Regardless of what happened behind closed doors, before the June pay-per-view of Vengeance, James Edwards abruptly handed in his resignation.

Many in the company were disappointed with the resignation of Edwards since they had all developed close professional and personal relationships with him. From the ring and camera crew, the referees, the divas and even a couple of main event superstars most notably John Cena, Batista, Randy Orton an d even McMahon's own son-in-law Triple H felt Edwards’ resignation was not only senseless but it could've been prevented had McMahon's ego not gotten in the way of business. After Edwards resignation, many WWE employees commented on the situation and a few of them were even punished in the months to follow with various superstars being forced to job on a monthly basis. A lot of superstars wanted out of their contracts but with nowhere else to go and no one to buy them out of their contracts, they were forced to as McMahon put it, "eat crap and like the taste of it".

For the past year, Edwards has been keeping himself busy pursuing various business ventures outside of professional wrestling. Upon his release from World Wrestling Entertainment, Edwards was rumored to have been working with Total-Nonstop Action Wrestling but those rumors were denied by both parties. Ironically, soon after the news of Edwards not being apart of TNA Wrestling broke, the company went under and was declared bankrupt soon after in early 2009. Edwards sat at home watching the wrestling world get turned upside down on its head as the McMahon’s continued trying to push the envelope with risque but failing storylines and generally having the same superstars in the main event scene. The fans were growing tired of the WWE insulting their intelligence by booking the same main event players for the championships and then forgetting previous storylines and acting as if they never happened.

Edwards as well as many legends of professional wrestling watched from the sidelines as the WWE seemed to grow lazy with their product and it seemed as though they had just quit tryin to put out quality shows. Edwards took it upon himself to make the decision to try and save professional wrestling so he had conversations with former TNA superstars and asked them if they were interested in signing with him if he can get a wrestling promotion off the ground. Most of those contacted by Edwards agreed while others declined. Edwards also contacted former WWE superstars who had been released from the company and some who were still active. Edwards asked them the same question he asked the former TNA superstars and needless to say many of the superstars agreed to sign with Edwards if he can get a promotion off the ground and if he can get them out of their contracts. Edwards had the talent and he had the mind to run a wrestling promotion successfully, all he needed was the finances.

It was a Wednesday night when Edwards sat in his office and thought to himself. “How can I find the finances to create a wrestling promotion?†Sure he had a lot of money but it wasn’t enough to secure contracts or television deals. Edwards grew tired the more he thought about it and grew discouraged so he decided to get his mind off of the idea and relax. Edwards poured a drink and turned on his television set then sat back with his feet on his desk as he flickered through the channels. Edwards passed by the Fox News Channel but quickly returned back to the channel when he seen someone familiar. Edwards listened carefully to the interview being conducted.

Interviewer: You’ve always been a fan of professional wrestling, correct?

Person: That’s right. I’ve always been a fan of professional wrestling but I’m not much of a fan of the product the World Wrestling Entertainment is putting out. In my opinion, from strictly a fan’s point of view, there’s barely any wrestling and it’s hardly entertainment.

Interviewer: Hypothetically speaking, if you had the opportunity to form a wrestling organization to go against the WWE, would you?

Person: I would definitely love to form a wrestling organization to go against the WWE but going against the WWE wouldn’t really be my priority. I enjoy the business and I think if I had a wrestling company I would supervise things more clearly because I like to think I have a better understanding of the business, more than I ever have before.

Edwards’ eyes lit up as a financial backer was literally placed in front of him on television. Edwards turned off the television as the interview wrapped and Edwards made a phone call to make an appointment with said person. Will this appointment fair well for Edwards? And who is this "financial backer" Edwards contacted?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Backstory (Part 2): Financial Backing? - Coming Soon...​

Evil Austin

omg omg omg omg omg omg *marks out*

An Anigma BTB that I can actually be here to witness the begining. Cause when I came the WWE Commencement was already half a year in, and it was kinda too late to read every show.

But this looks freaking sweet, not much to comment on besides that you have had a lot of work into this and it shows. Good job can't wait for part 2.

xtremebadass

I love how you are merging it in with the Commencement. Edwards was a great character and I can't even imagine where this is going to go. Looks like Anigma is going to take a crack at some TNA talent, this is going to be something to see, can't wait :).

The Anigma

Reaction score
The Backstory (Part 2): Financial Backing

The meeting between Edwards and his possible financial backer was set. Edwards couldn’t wait for the opportunity to present his idea for a brand new wrestling organization. Edwards eagerly waited outside the office steadily tapping the heel of his foot against the floor. The secretary was apparently growing a bit annoyed with the persistent tapping of Edwards’ heel as she looked up from her computer and flashed Edwards a harried expression. Edwards noticed and considerately stopped tapping his foot, moments later the secretary told Edwards the financier was ready to see him. Edwards stood up from his chair, wiped the nervous sweat from his brow and walked towards the door.

Edwards took in the air and exhaled sharply before knocking on the door. A voice came from inside.

Voice: Come in!

Edwards opened the door and sitting at his desk was, hopefully, Edwards’ financial backer, Ted Turner.

Turner: Hello, Mr. Edwards! How are ya doin’?

Edwards: Great, Mr. Turner and thanks for taking the time to meet with me.

Turner: Ah, it’s no problem at all and call me Ted.

Edwards smiles and nods his head as Turner gestures for Edwards to have a seat. Edwards takes a seat across from Ted Turner.

Turner: Now I understand you want to talk to me about opening up a brand new wrestling company.

Edwards: That’s correct.

Turner: But before we get into that I’d like to tell you my concerns about financing you the money to start a promotion. First, everyone knows what happened in the Monday night wars. I was embarrassed by the WWE. Secondly, I’m a bit hesitant now then I was before about where I want to invest my money. And last but not least I have to ask you, why should I give you the money to form this new organization?

Edwards: I can understand your concerns, Ted but here’s the thing. First, you have every right to be embarrassed after failing in the Monday night wars but the fact of the matter is the guy who was running things allowed the inmates to run the asylum. I won’t make that same mistake. I will be running the show. All I need are the finances to start it. Secondly, I can understand your hesitant to invest your money but you need to understand it’s a risk. We’re both taking risks. And if you ask me, it’s well worth the risk when it comes to the money I promise to bring in with this new company. And last but not least, Ted, you should give me the money to form this new organization because I know deep down inside that Monday night war loss is in the back of your mind. You think about it before you go to sleep at night and it eats you up inside, doesn’t it? Well, this will be your opportunity to prove your superior over Vince McMahon. Not only that but this company will sign talented wrestlers who will sell the product to a new generation of wrestling fans. No senseless gimmicks will be needed to sell the product. It’ll sell itself, sir.

Turner looked Edwards in the eye for a few moments before replying.

Turner: Edwards, you make a hell of an argument, sir. An argument that I can’t deny so here’s what’s going to happen. I’m going to give you the money to finance this new promotion but I will tell you this if this company doesn’t bring in a halfway decent rating its first week like you’re confident it will then I will pull the plug immediately.

Edwards: That’s no problem, sir. You have my word that I will bring you ratings you’ve never seen before.

Edwards stands up as does Turner and they both shake hands before Edwards leaves the office barely able to contain the exciting feeling he has knowing another one of his dreams is about to come true.

Later in the evening, Edwards called up various news outlets and let them in on the news of a new wrestling promotion coming up. Many of them wanted an exclusive interview but Edwards let them all know he would not be giving an interview rather releasing a press release in the coming week with all the details.

What is the name of this brand new company? What network will the weekly show be broadcasted on? Who's on the roster? Has any big names jumped ship from the WWE? With a billionaire investor backing him up Edwards has the potential to do many things with this new professional wrestling company. All these questions and more will be answered in the press release to be sent out later this week.​

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Holy shit, noob's beware, Anigma's back in BTB.

First off, this is genius writing as you incorparated James Edwards. ZOMG, this is an amazing idea, and keeps the same feel, but then again its an oximoron as I feel I've never read your work before.

What is the name of this brand new company?
lol, if I predict right, I'm going to become admin'. Radical Wrestling Coalition. lol. Guess you got caught in the moment when writing, or just added the line to make it more suspenseful. Anyways, this is looking badass. I don't know who'd be on the roster, or what the hell your going to do, but lets just make this better than the commencement aye?

&& I have a show & preview up. It wouldn't hurt to leave some legendary comments up.

y2j__legend

Reaction score
Finally... THE ANIGMA has come back... to Bee Tee Bee!

Now that that is off my chest, it is great to see that you are back in the section and it was a great way to tie it in with one of my favourite BTB's here of all time in the Commencement. Anyways, I wish you good luck, cannot wait for the shows to begin tbfh.

CT Styles

What the fuckkkkkkkk?!

It's interesting. Damn interesting and I'll continue to read.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
HOLY CRAP IN A HAT!!!!!! This was an awesome backstory. Can't wait to see this BTB take off.

The Anigma

Reaction score
-The Press Release-

The following statement has been released by James Edwards regarding the rumors circulating about a new wrestling promotion in the works.

- There has been a lot of rumors swirling around the wrestling world about a new wrestling promotion. I would like to confirm those rumors to be true. Myself and Ted Turner have decided to join forces and provide the wrestling world with an alternative. An alternative which will change the face of professional wrestling today as we know it. This alternative will make an impact. This alternative will provide top-notch performances in the squared circle but also entertainment which fans of all ages can enjoy. This alternative is RWC. The Radical Wrestling Coalition and we promise to provide the now stagnant "sports-entertainment" business a new hope. A new hope for success and hopefully with the support of wrestling fans around the world, we'll be able to bring professional wrestling back to dominance like it was at one time. Now below you find all the details which we would like you to know about at press time.

The Main Roster:
AJ Styles
Umaga
Christopher Daniels
Booker T
Christian Cage
Kurt Angle
Rob Van Dam
Paul Burchill
CM Punk
William Regal
MVP
Mr. Kennedy
Evan Bourne
Jeff Hardy
John Morrison
Brian Kendrick
Lance Cade
Shelton Benjamin
Robert Roode
Jay Lethal
Consequences Creed
Hernandez
Tommy Dreamer
Carlito

Women’s Division:
Jackie Moore
Katie Lea
Natalya Niedhart
Candice Michelle
Mickie James
Taylor Wilde
Victoria
Roxxi
Gail Kim

The Championships:
RWC World Heavyweight Championship: TBD
RWC Unitedcontinental Championship: TBD
RWC Women’s Championship: TBD

Weekly Broadcasts:
RWC: Sirens- The weekly broadcast. This is where it all goes down.
RWC: Rebound- A weekend show highlighting the happenings of the past week which also includes a couple of matches.

Pay-Per-View Line-up:
January-In Bloom
February- Lifeline
March-Kingdom Come (The biggest pay-per-view of the year)
April-Second Coming
May-Trial By Fire
June-Reckless Abandon (An all-extreme rules pay-per-view)
July-Global Warning (An international pay-per-view held in another country)
August- Summer Inferno
September- In Demand (An interactive pay-per-view where the fans choose the matches)
October- Addiction 2 Competition (The WHC match is always contested under Iron Man rules)
November- Breed
December-Revelations

Other On-air Talent:
Broadcasters: Joey Styles & Jonathan Coachman
Backstage Interviewers: Todd Grisham & Eve Torres
Referees: Earl Hebner & Mike Choida

Owner: Ted Turner
Talent Director: James Edwards

James Edwards closed up the statement with the following.

...All of the championships will be decided either before or at our first pay-per-view, "Second Coming". I hope you all tune in to our weekly programming and find the alternative which provides both wrestling and entertainment. Thanks and stay tuned!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------​

xtremebadass

LMAO, Tenay and Cornette should be fun.

I am puzzled that you left out alot of WWE big namers, looks like you really want to switch things up from the Commencement, most of those guys were never on the Commencement, so this is shaping up to be awesome.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
This looks real similar to TNA. I mean with the addition of Hardy, Kennedy, Umaga, and some other guys. When you double take it, it looks like a fair balance, but I guess the women's divison, and commentary make it look like TNA. Speaking of commentary, I don't like the teaming. It lacks an energetic guy imo, a guy like King, Don West, Styles, or someone to scream a line out. I've never heard Cornette commentate, so maybe he is like that. So lets not say more until we see whats going to happen.

The roster overall is good, but I don't see much of a lower card other than Noble, Bashir, and Bourne. Well the women's divison is probably the lower card, so that means you should come hard in the midcard, and main event scene.

James Edwards was a phenomenal character, in which you already gave him great character in the Commencement, so it won't be that hard transitioning him into this BTB. Back to the roster, as XBA mentioned it was huge change from Commencement, so you should provide a fresh, and exciting alternative. I cant wait, and will check out.

The Anigma

Reaction score
RWC: News, Rumors and Spoilers-

RWC Management has made the decision to replace their previous commentators Jim Cornette and Mike Tenay with Joey Styles and Jonathan Coachman. Many speculate the reason behind this was Cornette being brought in to play somewhat of a road agent role behind the scenes and also helping out with the creative aspect of the company. With his wrestling mind, Cornette is sure to deliver in his role backstage. Mike Tenay, however, has been asked by the company to not participate in any on-air role, however, Tenay may play a backstage role though nothing has been confirmed. A few people believe this sudden change doesn’t make the company look very well, however, those inside the company have assured that this isn’t a sign of any dissention in the company or anything along those lines.

RWC is said to be in talks with several superstars from the WWE who are contemplating jumping ship. No names have been released but many speculate their may be a main eventer or two looking to jump ship due to poor treatment in the WWE. Some have even stated Triple H may jump ship but when asked to comment on this situation James Edwards stated that Triple H is “married to his work” making it impossible to sign him. Hopefully, the several superstars who are looking to jumpship will follow through and negotiations can be met.

The premiere of RWC: Sirens will be live from New York City at Madison Square Garden. Many speculate if this is a wise move of RWC debuting their product in the “WWE territory”. However, even though MSG is considered WWE territory, ticket sales for the premiere of RWC: Sirens have been selling very fast. There are still a limited amount of tickets left on sale but many expect the show to be a sell out.

Also, in a shocking turn of events, RWC management has decided to discontinue the tag team division. With tag team wrestling all but officially declared dead, management has decided to follow through on this motion and release the following tag teams. Trevor Murdoch, Cryme Tyme and The Dudley Boyz have been released from RWC. The other teams are set to compete as singles competitors.

OOC: After looking over the roster, I decided to replace the commentators because truth be told I just threw Tenay and Cornette together. After thinking about it and seeing the reaction from XBA and Diesel as well as hearing from a few others, I’ve decided to change the commentators to Coachman and Joey Styles. I think they make a better team.

OOC: The proper adjustments to the post which includes the roster have been made.

Evil Austin

I just saw the roster, looks great man. You have lots of young and older guys that you can put over and there are some great combinations that I am looking forward too.

The Anigma

Reaction score
RWC: Sirens
The Official Preview

The premiere of RWC: Sirens is sure to be a historic night in the world of professional wrestling. This week on Sirens, we are going to witness a Lethal Lottery Match to crown the first-ever RWC Women’s Champion where the final woman in the ring will be declared the winner. Below are the rules of the contest.

The match is compromised of nine competitors. The night of the contest, the 9 competitors will each draw numbers from a machine placed in Talent Director James Edwards’ office. Whichever number they draw, whether it be 1 or 9, this will be their entry number. The match starts off with the wrestlers who drew numbers 1 and 2 entering the ring. They’ll wrestle until one of them either taps out of is pinned for a count of 3. After one is eliminated, the entrant who drew number 3 will enter and face the wrestler who was not pinned or forced into submission. This process will continue until 8 entrants have been eliminated and the remaining woman is the victor.

Confirmed participants in this match include Mickie James, Katie Lea Burchill, Candice Michelle, Victoria, Roxxi and Gail Kim. Who will become the first-ever RWC Women’s Champion?

The search for the first-ever RWC Unitedcontinental Champion will begin tonight where a tournament will commence. The finals will be held at the first RWC pay-per-view, Second Coming where the champion will be crowned.

Four of the first round matches in the tournament will begin tonight. The following week the other four first round matches will take place. Then the week after that the second round matches will take place leading into the final match which will occur at Second Coming.

And the RWC World Heavyweight Championship will be decided at Second Coming, however, the competition will begin tonight in a battle royal match where the final two survivors will go one-on-one at Second Coming where one of them will be awarded the coveted RWC World Heavyweight Championship.

Confirmed Matches:
Lethal Lottery for the RWC Women’s Championship

First Four Opening Matches in the RWC Unitedcontinental Championship Tournament:
Jay Lethal vs. Shelton Benjamin

William Regal vs. Rob Van Dam

Paul Burchill vs. Consequences Creed

John Morrison vs. Booker T

Battle Royal for the RWC World Heavyweight Championship:
AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Kurt Angle vs. CM Punk vs. Christian Cage vs. MVP vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Jeff Hardy

The final two survivors will go on to face off at Second Coming to become the first-ever RWC World Heavyweight Champion.

OOC:Feel free to leave your thoughts and predictions.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Lethal Lottery for the RWC Women’s Championship
Cool name. Concept, is pretty good, I think its called Gauntlet? But Lethal Lottry is awesome as well.

First Four Opening Matches in the RWC Unitedcontinental Championship Tournament:
Jay Lethal vs. Shelton Benjamin
Teams up with the later losing C.C., and the two help each other out through out the BTB.

William Regal vs. Rob Van Dam
Most likely to dominate midcard.

Paul Burchill vs. Consequences Creed
Push. Please.

John Morrison vs. Booker T
Looking awesome. I cant wait to read.

Battle Royal for the RWC World Heavyweight Championship:
AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Kurt Angle vs. CM Punk vs. Christian Cage vs. MVP vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Jeff Hardy
A lot of possibilites for the special two. Angles sure to be one, and Hardy wouldn't be a suprise.