Rowdy Roddy Piper dies

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Wrestling legend "Rowdy" Roddy Piper has died at the age of 61... TMZ Sports has learned.

Piper -- born Roderick George Toombs -- died from cardiac arrest at a home in Hollywood at around noon Friday.

Piper was a wrestling icon -- one of the biggest stars in the WWE back in the '80s, and even wrestled in "Wrestlemania I" back in 1985 ... squaring off against Hulk Hogan and Mr. T.

Roddy's rep tells us, "I am devastated at this news."

"Rod was a good friend as well as a client and one of the most generous, sincere and authentic people I have ever known. This is a true loss to us all."

Piper had been diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma in 2006, but last November he said he was cancer free.

Roddy was admitted into the WWE Hall of Fame back in 2005 and was one of the top 50 villains in the history of the WWE .

Piper had a long relationship with WWE -- last wrestling back in 2008 ... but appeared on various WWE shows up until 2014.

Roddy is survived by his wife Kitty and their 4 kids -- including 3 daughters and son Colton who's pursuing a career in professional wrestling.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/07/31/roddy-piper-dead-dies-wwe-wrestler-cancer/#ixzz3hVh9TnxX

Rest in peace, Piper.

Last edited:

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
RIP Roddy. Just read this on facebook, so shocked. Another legend taken from us.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Was just waiting for my friend and read this. Fuck. Rest in Peace, Rod.

JohnQZ

Jobber
Reaction score
I heard--and I never imagined this day coming.

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
How the hell are they gonna do a video package and a network special on Monday that doesn't include Hogan?

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
RIP I just sat here waiting for my food and saw this thread. Completely shocked to hear this.

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
How the hell are they gonna do a video package and a network special on Monday that doesn't include Hogan?

They can easily work around that. Piper has had many legendary moments that didn't include Hogan.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Wow, just wow. Roddy was the reason I became a wrestling fan at 10 years old. I liked his character on Hulk Hogan's Rock N Wrestling and I began watching WWF because of it. I then saw his NWA feud with Ric Flair. It was because of Roddy that I became a Ric Flair fan.

Like Dusty, Eddie Guerrero and Owen Hart, this is more than just a celebrity dying. This is someone who has meant a lot to me.

I'll miss you, Roddy. At least you can be with your best friend Adrian Adonis again.

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Horrible past couple of months for wrestling fans, R.I.P to a true legend and a staple of the industry.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Piper is one of the biggest wrestling deaths there could have been. He was the main heel for the first Wrestlemania and for the start of the Rock n' Wrestling Connection which saw wrestling go mainstream. There's no telling if it would have taken off as well as it did without Piper for Hogan and the rest of the good guys to play off of.