Rowdy Roddy Piper dies

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I think everyone knows Piper was not a legit Scot (at least not in full). But this would be the perfect song for his tribute.

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Classic Roddy.
tumblr_mila7qe7Y41rt73joo1_250.gif

tumblr_mila7qe7Y41rt73joo2_250.gif

Reactions: Aids Johnson

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I was never that big of a fan of his, but you can't deny his contributions and his credit in helping make the inaugural Wrestlemania a big deal should never be downplayed. Yeah, Hogan was already the biggest wrestling star in the world and shattering records, but if you read the book Sex, Lies, and Headlocks, they point out how even after Hogan was announced on the card, the majority of the tickets were still not sold until they actually jump-started the feud between him and Piper (which all began with Piper drawing mega heel heat by harassing Cyndi Lauper, who was a very popular pop star at the time.)

RIP.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
My jaw fell when I glanced at the thread, holy shit man. RIP

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Rip hot rod. You are and always will be legend. You also set the standard for heels going forward. Thank you.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Shit that's terrible. I just heard his podcast with stone cold recorded last year. He sounded so full of life and happy after all the terrible things he'd gone through. Such a shame, another great Canadian wrestler gone too soon. RIP.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
True icon of the business, I'm so devastated, even though I'm late to the funeral here. Damn. :(

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
RIP Roddy, I was too young to experience your greatness but it was awesome to see the Piper's Pit segments on RAW a few times in 2012 and 2013. 61 is way too young to die, he looked like he was in great shape. Shame.